Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2017, 08:03 PM   #43

We've been in Ohio for most of August and prices averaged about 2.50/gal. This went up about .30 to .40 overnight to approximately 2.90/gal.

Good thing I filled up while still in Ohio, just down the road in PA diesel was running 3.30 or more.

Glad we're staying put for a few weeks.
Hygge is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2017, 08:06 PM   #44

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I spent the day mucking out a friend's home. We lucked out and had debris within less than a foot vertically from our house.

What a truly humbling experience.

I worked to clear their garage so we could place those items salvageable in a safe place

I tried to unlock the steering and trans on his wife's CTS without luck. I simply drug it out with a tow strap. That one goes to the scrap yard.

His 20+ year old Tahoe got some water in a couple of cylinders through the exhaust. I pulled the plugs, squirted some WD-40 in the wet holes and cranked it over until the cylinders were dry. Stabbed some fresh plugs in and got it running. All fluids will be changed ASAP.

The oldest, highest mileage, crappiest car is saved. My buddy was elated.

All grades of fuel are plentiful at many locations around the area. In many places, it is life as usual then you go another mile and it looks as if a bomb went off.

The real shortage is going to be qualified Claim Adjusters and drywall.

I suspect there will be an enormous number of foreclosures on properties that had no flood insurance, and are no longer habitable. The economic impact of the numbers involved will be felt from coast to coast.

What a day.

-Matt
Matt, You are to be commended for coming to the aid of your friend in his time of need. I'm sure it wasn't any fun in that heat and humidity. Good job getting the Tahoe running so they at least will have some sort of transportation.

I remember your always level-headed comments over on the TRVN forum, so I'm not really surprised by your actions.

Good job.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel