Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2017, 03:33 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Fuel Availabilty (Thanks, Harvey!)

Worth being aware of as you travel.

I have heard anything about diesel but the entire DFW area is low on gas with numerous stations completely out. We are 20 miles west of Ft. Worth and most of our stations are out of gas. Local news said it won't improve until next Wednesday at the earliest. A friend has a relative in California that told him they are also experiencing fuel shortages.

Local prices have gone up .25/gal to as high as >$1.50/gal.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2017, 04:10 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Now news is saying there is no shortage. Station are running out because of the panic caused by the media predicting skyrocketing prices and shortages which is depleting what stations have in their tanks.

News said it will level out in 3-4 days. Accelerated deliveries have begun.
Old 08-31-2017, 04:29 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Now news is saying there is no shortage. Station are running out because of the panic caused by the media predicting skyrocketing prices and shortages which is depleting what stations have in their tanks.

News said it will level out in 3-4 days. Accelerated deliveries have begun.
Vance, we ran into the same thing after hurricane Charlie in FL. Hoarders caused an artificial shortage that lasted about 4 days. Most of our stations were without power for a week, the stations are now all required to have generators. The Hoarders pumped the stations that had power dry in a couple of hours. Hoarders cause more problems than the problem at hand.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 04:35 PM   #4

Gas station gas prices

Passed a gas station today that was $2.55. Another station was $2.46. Price gouging has begun. We are able to get our gasoline at the Indian Reservation tax free. My fixed income hasn't gone up any.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:36 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Vance, we ran into the same thing after hurricane Charlie in FL. Hoarders caused an artificial shortage that lasted about 4 days. Most of our stations were without power for a week, the stations are now all required to have generators. The Hoarders pumped the stations that had power dry in a couple of hours. Hoarders cause more problems than the problem at hand.

The couple gas stations I drove through all had people filling auxiliary tanks in the back of pickups or on trailers.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:46 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
The couple gas stations I drove through all had people filling auxiliary tanks in the back of pickups or on trailers.
We had the same thing, 55 gallons drums in the back of pickups, You need that much gas to go to work? Stay home and help people out!!!! Sore subject with me
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:46 PM   #7

Seriously???? People in Texas are losing their lives and everything they own being washed away, and folks are worried about a gas shortage and price gouging? Seriously?
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:30 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are staying at a park in Roanoke, just outside of Fort Worth and the convenience store up the road had police directing traffic. The store is a Buc-ees which has about 50-60 pumps. They ran out of fuel tonight.

If you have never been to a Buc-ees, it's a must visit. Largest convenience store I have ever seen.
Brian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 07:34 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Texas attorney general released a statement today that he will aggressively pursue pursue gougers. My son just told me Dallas is not experiencing at this time.
royals1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:16 PM   #10

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post
We are staying at a park in Roanoke, just outside of Fort Worth and the convenience store up the road had police directing traffic. The store is a Buc-ees which has about 50-60 pumps. They ran out of fuel tonight.

If you have never been to a Buc-ees, it's a must visit. Largest convenience store I have ever seen.
they are cool
we got hit to in quitman, all of the sudden our four stations ran out and folks were out of control, police had to drop by to settle.
now gas has arrived.
folks think that texas is the only place with refineries????? HMMM CO, LA, OH, NJ, CA, just to name a few and our port of corpus is reopening friday for business, business you ask.. COAL exports and LNG, 58% of US production of coal is being exported to...........never going to believe me....
EUROPE, yes the ones pushing you know what..
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:29 PM   #11

The lines at the gas stations here remind me of the gas crisis of the early 70's. Every station I passed today after about 12:00pm had lines 1-2 blocks long, or in some cases more. There were several stations that had police officers directing traffic, really causing a mess with traffic. Three of the stations I passed had bags over their pumps, sold out. One Chevron station didn't have any lines, when I got closer I saw why, they had upped the price a full dollar to $3.49. I am hoping there will be enforcement of gouging laws and someone will be prosecuted!!!

Panic created by an irresponsible media!!!
soonerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian W View Post

A couple of the Buc-ees I've seen have over a hundred pumps, the places are HUGE!!!
Old 08-31-2017, 08:36 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by royals1212 View Post
Texas attorney general released a statement today that he will aggressively pursue pursue gougers. My son just told me Dallas is not experiencing at this time.
Sorry, but your son is wrong about the price gouging, see my post above. The station is on the corner near I-20 and Lancaster in Dallas. And I hope the AG does prosecute to the fullest extent. We have enough problems already, don't need to add greedy low lifes to compound the problems!!!
Old 08-31-2017, 08:37 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerdave View Post
Panic created by an irresponsible media!!!

Absolutely. Local news here almost said that, but not quite. Can't indict themselves.

Tags
fuel