Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2022, 09:34 AM   #1

Fuel rail recall

Looking for any information on the fuel rail recall experience. Would like to skip it and wait to see how bad it is. Heard Cummings takes at least 4 hours and they make a mess.
Omodio is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2022, 10:03 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omodio View Post
Looking for any information on the fuel rail recall experience. Would like to skip it and wait to see how bad it is. Heard Cummings takes at least 4 hours and they make a mess.
It's a fire hazard. I would not take the chance. just My .02
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 04:42 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I had the recall performed along with some other work while at a Cummins location. The work was performed professionally and did not leave a mess.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:36 AM   #4

Had ours done in Mishawaka, In Cummins in October and had no problems.
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 04:52 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ours was done in October by a Cummins service center in Manassas, VA. About 4 hours in the shop. No mess.

The service rep was new. When I dropped the coach off, I asked if the recall included an ECM software update. He admitted that he didn't know, but, would find out. When I picked it up, I asked about the ECM update. He apologized that it had slipped his mind to find out. He immediately dispatched one of his techs with a laptop who installed the update. That added about 30 minutes to the visit.

I don't see any reason that makes sense to me to skip a safety recall.

Take care,
Stu
Old 01-05-2022, 12:42 PM   #6

Spartan Chassis
The only thing I heard was at the beginning of the recall. That was that the repair parts were backordered and, if your one needed the part, they would not let you drive it home to wait. That lead to several full-timers examining theirs themselves so they wouldn't get stranded. Personally I wouldn't risk it.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:11 PM   #7

Had ours done at the Cummins coach care in Coburg Oregon. 4 hours shop time and no mess at all. They removed the DPF and muffler and never went into the coach any further than the drivers seat to move it. Very professional from the staff.
Old 01-05-2022, 07:36 PM   #8

I am in the process of buying a 2015 Cornerstone with a tentative pickup date of January 14th. When I started this process I called Entegra and Spartan with the VIN number to ask about any outstanding recalls. They both told me there were not any outstanding. Should I call Cummins also to ask about this fuel rail recall??
Old 01-05-2022, 07:56 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I had mine done here locally at Rush Truck center. I removed the floor access location for the tech and they did the recall right in the parking lot and never had me pull into a bay. I had blankets and coverings to protect things during the process. Also make sure before you take it in that your access hatch can be removed. Mine had some of the bolt heads covered with wood supports for the upper floor and I needed to drill out to access the bolts. Glad I did this before taking the rig in...
M&G Braking-Roadmaster Towbar
mbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 04:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Roy View Post
I am in the process of buying a 2015 Cornerstone with a tentative pickup date of January 14th. When I started this process I called Entegra and Spartan with the VIN number to ask about any outstanding recalls. They both told me there were not any outstanding. Should I call Cummins also to ask about this fuel rail recall??
Cornerstone/605's were not affected
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 04:28 AM   #11

Fuel rail

Thanks for your experience. Seems no one had to replace their fuel rail which is good.
Omodio is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, recall