Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #15

I would be making a big push to get all expenses direct and indirect, associated with repair and rectification of this fault fully reimbursed. Hardly out of the yard before it happened so that is dead out of the box by my reckoning.

Why should the new owner have to carry the responsibility for such an immediate failure of a major component.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #16

First time to the factory for us they paid fuel from Texas and hotel in June of 2011. They also paid hotel for two weeks in May of 2013. Sure glad that's over. Good luck!
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
Has anyone received a fuel / mileage reimbursement from Entegra for taking your coach to an authorized service center for warranty work when there is no facility in the town where you live?

Curt
I have heard of Entegra hiring a mobile service if there is not a service center in your area. You didn't mention how serious of a warranty issue it is. Have you spoke with Entegra yet on how remedy the problem? Would like to hear what they had to say. Were you able to resolve the check engine light yet?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have heard of Entegra hiring a mobile service if there is not a service center in your area. You didn't mention how serious of a warranty issue it is. Have you spoke with Entegra yet on how remedy the problem? Would like to hear what they had to say. Were you able to resolve the check engine light yet?
Entegra is having me drive to the Cummins facility 120 miles round trip to address the check engine light.

I have not asked Entegra for the possibility of a mileage reimbursement yet.

Wanted to know what the precedent is first within the community -- I don't want any special favors-- just what ever is fair.

Curt
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #19

Quote:
I don't want any special favors
I see it as them just showing appreciation for the special favour you did them by buying their product instead of one from any of their many competitors. They should just offer it without you asking, but don't count on it.

And there is nothing wrong with you seeking a 'special" favour rather than just meekly accepting these failures as being just a normal part of spending a heap of money on what should be a well engineered and well manufactured product like many who post here with variations on the theme of "it's just normal for motorhomes to spend half of the warranty period in the workshop"
Old 10-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Just curious...is this CEL an Entegra warrantee item, or a Cummins or a Spartan? If so, who pays for the $80-100 round trip? Just sayin'...

By the way, I speak from experience, having a similar problem...in the end it was none of the above..it was caused by the dealer...who of course said not me.

Not taking sides here; just I'd be curious in which coach manufacturer today pays this bill ... without knowing what the issue is. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #21

Fuel reimbursement

A couple of years ago on my 2009 allegro bus, i had electrical and other problems.
I had it fixed at dixie rv in la. All parts and costs were covered by tiffin. The only problem was i could not stay in my coach at dixie and it cost me hotels and more for food. Which i never got reimbursed for, even though i was told i would. They changed inside electrical except for the buss bar.
I brought it back to lazydays and had the representative send it back to tiffin to get it fixed. Thay found the house buss bar was broken before it ever left the factory and changed a chipped tire and the mud flap and a few other things and returned it to lazydays. No charge or fuel costs to me.
KKRONOWITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisgeiger View Post
Entegra is having me drive to the Cummins facility 120 miles round trip to address the check engine light.

I have not asked Entegra for the possibility of a mileage reimbursement yet.

Wanted to know what the precedent is first within the community -- I don't want any special favors-- just what ever is fair.

Curt
Curt,
I have to agree with Dave, the CEL is a Cummins or Spartan warranty issue and not Entegra's. They were just kind enough to give you the closest warranty center to your location. It is not customary for a manufacture to reimburse fuel cost unless it is rare safety issue or a manufactures total incompetence that could lead to legal problems. That, I don't think will ever happen with an Entegra, their quality control is to ridged.

I had that with NOcold on the constant recalls (fire issues). I told them I would no long pay fuel and take time for their safety problems......they agreed to send a mobile tech to do the repairs.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #23

Curt,
Just curious on the Aspire info panel did engine give you a code, or simply set a CEL? Thanks and good luck Robert
chlrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlrman View Post
Curt, Just curious on the Aspire info panel did engine give you a code, or simply set a CEL? Thanks and good luck Robert
The dashboard have me a Spartan Fault code, which I called Spartan with and they gave me the corresponding Cummins fault code.

Curt
Curtisgeiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Just curious...is this CEL an Entegra warrantee item, or a Cummins or a Spartan? If so, who pays for the $80-100 round trip? Just sayin'...

By the way, I speak from experience, having a similar problem...in the end it was none of the above..it was caused by the dealer...who of course said not me.

Not taking sides here; just I'd be curious in which coach manufacturer today pays this bill ... without knowing what the issue is. JMHO
When I was doing biz whenever a customer bought from me they looked to me to take care of any problems. They didn't care if it was a DeWalt or a window suppliers issue. They gave ME he money. I had to look to the supplier to help me help the customer. And at times that meant the manufacture and I would need to split a expense to make the customer happy. OR we just took it out of pocket.
Don't get me wrong,, I do not believe that the customer is always right like so many say. But most of the time they are .
For $60 worth of fuel to make a person happy that just spent a ton of money with me would not even make me blink AND I would probably through in a meal for good measure.
Maybe that's why we did so well when the Big Box stores rolled into town.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
When I was doing biz whenever a customer bought from me they looked to me to take care of any problems. They didn't care if it was a DeWalt or a window suppliers issue. They gave ME he money. I had to look to the supplier to help me help the customer. And at times that meant the manufacture and I would need to split a expense to make the customer happy. OR we just took it out of pocket.
Don't get me wrong,, I do not believe that the customer is always right like so many say. But most of the time they are .
For $60 worth of fuel to make a person happy that just spent a ton of money with me would not even make me blink AND I would probably through in a meal for good measure.
Maybe that's why we did so well when the Big Box stores rolled into town.
No argument...never suggested that anyone was right or wrong. The warrantee is parts and labor although I do know that Entegra has put people up in a hotel, depending on circumstances when repairs are occurring at their facility while you have trip interruption insurance in the Coachnet (Entegra) and GoodSams (Spartan) provides. It is an industry leading warrantee of two years.

Entegra's approach to making the customer happy is proven every day. You may have missed my point....what coach manufacturer does do this? I just don't think it is practical from a business perspective. Where do you draw the line?

JMHO, I'm ecstatic with the support I've gotten. I did travel on my dime to solve a CEL and other faults, to be fixed at Spartan, because it just wasn't working going back and forth to other repair facilities. I didn't iike it. Long term, I gained more out of this trip than I'd ever have gotten by worrying about, in my case, $800 if fuel. At the time, was I irritated and worried...yes. In so many ways, it is a road I was glad I travelled and dollars well spent. I guess I'd ask the question...how important is a $60 expenditure when you are paying $250K for a coach. Not worth getting into a dither over. Again, JMHO.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #27

We also asked about reimbursement for gas as we immediately had the CEL light come on after delivery and had to take it to an authorized service center. We were told the warranty did not cover it so we dropped it.
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote