Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2017, 04:49 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jagmoor
GE Microwave has quit...nada, nothing

We have a 2014 Anthem with a GE microwave. Last night while preparing dinner, the unit went dark. Th breaker didn't trip and there is power to the plug. No interior light, no clock, no nothing. Has anyone else encountered this and are the units repairable? TIA
jagmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Probably cheaper to buy a new one and install yourself, or have mobile installer do it. Not that hard.

Generally, the GE's from back in 2013/14 were more reliable than the Samsungs. Guess they all wear out.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmoor View Post
We have a 2014 Anthem with a GE microwave. Last night while preparing dinner, the unit went dark. Th breaker didn't trip and there is power to the plug. No interior light, no clock, no nothing. Has anyone else encountered this and are the units repairable? TIA
There are a couple of fuses that will shut it down. Hardest part is taking microwave out of the mh. I had the same thing happen on a 2014, it was repaired under warranty. Only took the guy about half an hour. If it went totally dark my guess is a blown fuse.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #4

I had my microwave repaired twice. The first time, the repair person said that I had to remove it from the motor home before he could work on it. I removed it, then they came and repaired it.

The next time it broke down, I removed it and had it sitting on the outside table when the repair person arrived. He asked why I had removed it because they can usually repair it without removal. It all depends on the people that are working and whether they are accommodating or not.

In any case, it's not very difficult to remove the microwave once you know how to do it. If you need instructions, just ask. Someone will give you a step by step description.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 08:05 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jagmoor
Thanks Bob, i appreciate your responding. I would be interested in step by step instructions if you know then. Thanks.
jagmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 09:49 AM   #6

I'm not Bob, but pull the panel off above the microwave, have at least two people, unplug microwave, remove the two bolts that go through the angle iron into top of microwave and you've got it in your hands.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 10:29 AM   #7

The only thing I would add is to make sure to put some pillows or blankets or good padding on your cooktop in case the microwave is to get near the stove. It is a bit heavy to hold with your arms extended.
gizmo123316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:20 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
What Rollin101 said. The rear bottom edge hooks onto a metal strip, so when you loosen the top screws the front will tilt down. Tilt the front down enough so you can lift the back edge off the hooks then it is free. Remember to unplug it first. And remove the turntable and any loose racks.

I removed one by myself using a folding plastic stepstool and some wood for shims to hold it up while I removed the top screws. I was then able to remove the shims and lift it off. Have a place prepared to put it down. It's about 75 pounds. I did need help getting it out out of the coach tho.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 03:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagmoor View Post
I was using the convection part of my microwave when it shut down because the heat "overload" internal breaker tripped and turned it dark like yours did. Repair person explained that I needed to turn on the fan while using the unit to dispel the heat generated.. Also make sure your outside vent cover is released so your blower will expel air out.
rljacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:36 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
We had our factory Samsung replaced once under warranty, then it failed with the famous non responsive control panel. I searched the web and bought a different model Samsung that had good reviews. I really had to gulp hard to buy another Samsung but it has worked well for two years. The advantage was the mounting brackets were identical and required no relocation.

I've had an Advantium before and we liked it okay but IMO it was overpriced and not worth it. The absolute best micro convection we ever had was a Sharp in our Monaco. They don't make many models but they are bullet proof.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ada