Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2014, 07:41 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Gen Set

We have a 2014 Cornerstone. Our storage unit has ground fault circuit breaker so we cannot plug in or we pop the circuit breaker. We would like to set the generator Energy Command 30 to come on Auto and charge up the batteries when they get low. We would only do this for a few days of us leaving for a trip. The operator’s manual is no help. I viewed the video that was posted for the Energy Command 30 and that was no help because they upgraded the Energy Command 30 system. What I need to know is what everyone has for a start V number and end V number. On our it has (Start @ V<)(<factory setting) Not sure what the factory setting is. When I push the arrow up or down one says 10.5 and the other says 14.5. Does anyone know what the factory setting is and should I just leave it there? Sorry, this is long. I just want to set the generator to come on when the batteries go low. Any help would be nice. Thank you!

Tim
14 Cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #2

?????????????????? Buy a charger/maintainer for the batteries.....1 for the house batteries and 1 for the chassis.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #3

Take the batteries out and charge them in your garage with a battery tender if you don't have power in storage. That way you have nothing to worry about.

Ed & Donna
2014 Anthem RBQ. Midnight Illusion
Fasteddie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
These posts get more ridiculous every day. He's supposed to remove 10 batteries from his coach, take them home and charge them? And how does his refrigerator run without power or batteries?

A charge/maintainer? He already has that built in to his coach!

T/R, your question was totally appropriate, but I don't have the answer on the top of my head. I suspect it is in your Magnum Inverter manual, but the easier way may be to call Entegra.

Additionally, why does your coach pop the circuit breaker? You may have the inverters set to too high a charging level for the circuit you are plugged into. Try setting the shore power setting on each inverter to 5 amps, then see if it pops the breaker. It should not. If it does, something is wrong. Get the shore power working. It's a better solution to your problem.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #5

Yes, if he has no power at his storage and "HE" is concerned that having dead batts when he returns ( when ever that is ) then Yes pulling them and keeping them charged is not a terribly bad idea. . People use the forum to look for different ideas not all of them feasible. But since my post offends you so much, give us your idea

Ed & Donna
Old 05-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
A few days is not going to drain the batteries, so unless you're leaving the coach with appliances running, I wouldnt worry about the batteries.
JoyalRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #7

Didn't catch the few days away. Agreed, nothing should happen to the batts

Ed & Donna
Old 05-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
These posts get more ridiculous every day. He's supposed to remove 10 batteries from his coach, take them home and charge them? And how does his refrigerator run without power or batteries?

A charge/maintainer? He already has that built in to his coach!

T/R, your question was totally appropriate, but I don't have the answer on the top of my head. I suspect it is in your Magnum Inverter manual, but the easier way may be to call Entegra.

Additionally, why does your coach pop the circuit breaker? You may have the inverters set to too high a charging level for the circuit you are plugged into. Try setting the shore power setting on each inverter to 5 amps, then see if it pops the breaker. It should not. If it does, something is wrong. Get the shore power working. It's a better solution to your problem.

Thank you for the reply. I have set the shore power on each inverter to 5 amps. They still blow the circuit breaker. I have a call into CS and have no reply yet. Thank you anyway.
Tim
Old 05-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyalRV View Post
A few days is not going to drain the batteries, so unless you're leaving the coach with appliances running, I wouldnt worry about the batteries.
I do want to run the refrigerator. Get it cooled down and load before we go. Thank you for the reply.

Tim
Old 05-01-2014, 08:36 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Ground fault receptacles go bad and trip far too soon, sometimes even brand new ones are overly sensitive. I would change (or remove) the GFI at the storage building.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I agree. The GFI should not be tripping if your inverters are set to 5 Amps. There is a problem either in the GFI (likely) or in the RV (less likely). The problem should be found and fixed, so you can enjoy your coach without worrying about the generator, and so that your batteries will be kept charged when in storage. If you can just change a GFI receptable, that could be the fix. They only cost about $15. If the CGI is in the breaker panel, it gets a little more complicated. You may need an electrician to find and fix the problem.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:49 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I agree. The GFI should not be tripping if your inverters are set to 5 Amps. There is a problem either in the GFI (likely) or in the RV (less likely). The problem should be found and fixed, so you can enjoy your coach without worrying about the generator, and so that your batteries will be kept charged when in storage. If you can just change a GFI receptable, that could be the fix. They only cost about $15. If the CGI is in the breaker panel, it gets a little more complicated. You may need an electrician to find and fix the problem.
I rent the space at a storage area. I cannot change the GFI receptacle. Thank you for you’re reply.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:51 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Does your rent include electricity? If so they should provide you with a working receptacle.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you all for you're reply. I will just wait for CS to call. Thank you!