Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Did you ever find the problem with your generator. Mine is doing the same thing right now.
No, but I strongly suspect starting relay. Mine still works intermittently and haven't had time to replace relay. It seems like its a very difficult area to get to. If anybody else does it, or has done it, please post some picture tips! thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2015, 07:09 PM   #16

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just read a thread on replacing one of these relays, today ( cant remember which thread).
The top cover has to come off gen to access them.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:15 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Just read a thread on replacing one of these relays, today ( cant remember which thread).
The top cover has to come off gen to access them.
If you think of it, please post a link here. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2015, 08:07 PM   #18

You might want to try giving the starter motor a love tap with a hammer. After changing the relay with no improvement in starting, I gave the starter a whack and it took off. Changing the starter is a fairly easy job, but it's hard on the wallet, about $400.
jfb318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:40 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb318 View Post
You might want to try giving the starter motor a love tap with a hammer. After changing the relay with no improvement in starting, I gave the starter a whack and it took off. Changing the starter is a fairly easy job, but it's hard on the wallet, about $400.
I'll try that

I called the Cummins factory service center and they suggested that I crawl under the unit and make sure that the positive side is getting at least 12 volt and that the ground is good as well. They said that they see a lot of these come in with bad connections and bad connections aren't covered under warranty. This week end I'll have time to play mechanic with my trusty tester.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:05 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb318 View Post
Ouch! That must be a Cummins price. I found the Kubota starters for $160. Our generator engines are Kubota D1503 New Starter S114 833A T1060 16804 L2600DT L3000F D1403AE D1503ELA Kubota 18288 | eBay
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:16 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
I'll try that

I called the Cummins factory service center and they suggested that I crawl under the unit and make sure that the positive side is getting at least 12 volt and that the ground is good as well. They said that they see a lot of these come in with bad connections and bad connections aren't covered under warranty. This week end I'll have time to play mechanic with my trusty tester.
I would suggest you take a jumper cable and use it for a temporary ground. You can show a good ground with a meter even if there's only one strand of cable remaining or the ground is corroded. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #22

If it comes down to needing a starter, a rewind shop is a much better and cheaper way to go. The same holds true for slide motors as they are pricey also.
powderman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator