Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2022, 04:19 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Generator sliding out when no air

My generator is coming out an inch or two when my coach has no air pressure after it sets for a day or two on the jacks. The coach is level. The generator stays put when under air pressure. It slides in and out just fine when the coach is running or has air pressure when I push the extend / retract switch.

But the generator slides out just a little when it should not. I can push it back in but it will not stay.

I am going to ask the NIRVC team to look at this but I am curious if anyone has had a similar issue with a new coach. Anything simple that I am missing? My 17 did not have this issue.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2022, 04:38 PM   #2

You have a norgren valve mounted on the firewall. This is where your air lines go into and then out to the ram. Either that valve has an internal failure or the ram has a bad seal on it allowing the air to leak. The valve has adjustments on it for retract and extend. We would need to check their adjustments. The valve sounds like it’s not closing fully and allowing the the ram to extend when retracted. Reach out to your advisor and they can schedule you an appointment to get it diagnosed and repaired. If we make the adjustments and the genset still slides out we will need to replace the valve assembly.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:42 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We are having the same issue with our 2021 CS. Unit drifts out as air pressure drops over time. Have been away from coach for two weeks. Coach was put at ride height, slides retracted, and then shut down but not leveled (air or jacks). Generator appears to have drifted out 2 to 3 inches over the last two weeks. Have seen it make it to 10 inches when we were away from coach for 4 to 5 weeks. Have just raised issue with Entegra Service. I have exercised the slide full travel in both directions to see if the control valve had debris causing the issue. This did not help. Valve null adjustment may be off, or an internal seal leaking by. Will see what service recommends.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 11:00 AM   #4

Generator Drawer

On my 2016 Anthem, the generator has the pictured gas shock which keeps the drawer closed when air is bled off.
Don't know if the later models have this feature but I have had to replace the shock fittings on mine a couple of times.
If you don't have this feature it might be worthwhile considering it.

...Balladeer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010001.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	418.0 KB
ID:	367927  
Balladeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 11:03 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
John,

When I was having this problem I could get the generator back in when the coach was running from the retract switch and it would stay in. It would just drift out some after we parked.

I stopped by Nashville NIRVC when I was having this problem. They fixed the problem and it has worked properly for the past few months.

I think the problem was a kinked air line but I am not positive.

I now check to make sure the generator is fully in as part of my walk around before moving the coach.

Good Luck.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 09:15 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVFunlovers View Post
John,

When I was having this problem I could get the generator back in when the coach was running from the retract switch and it would stay in. It would just drift out some after we parked.

Good Luck.
Thanks, I too can retract and extend once I have system pressure in normal range. Same issue, once parked it will drift out.

I will investigate the lines when I get back to the coach.

j
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 08:24 PM   #7

Same issue on 2021 Anthem. Generator Door would open 2-3" after a few days. Switch worked fine opening and closing the door. The dealer replaced the Piston that opens/closes the door and it still extends over a few days. Guess I will tackle this one and look for a kinked line or leaking hose. One more item for Entegra Service when its time for the two year review/repair.
RandyRich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, generator