Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #1

Getting in the Entegra market

Hi guys and gals,

The fiancée and I are just entering the motorhome market. We spent a few hours at LD in Tampa and it confirmed the Anthem is the best bang for our buck in our budget. Quick question the only 44dlq they had on property had just got there and was in a service bay so it limited what we could see. That said is the doorway to the bedroom really that tight when the slides are closed? I could barely fit through, seems odd to make it near impossible to get in bedroom while under way.

Well the fiancée likes the 42rbq because she fell in love with the rear bath, and I like the half bath option for when we are tailgating. However I think I will end up regretting not getting a 44dlq, or 44sl for the extra space. If the bedroom door is limited access underway I would lean toward the 44sl, especially like the second full size sofa on that floor plan.

Decisions decisions :-) we have time though probably won't purchase till March, and definitely want to see the Tampa show before we take the plunge.

I appreciate your time and thoughts/advice.
Flynryan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Best of luck in your search and decision. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 01:02 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Yes, the bedroom door IS that tight when slide is retracted. We have no reason to go in there while underway, so it does not bother us. We certainly enjoy the extra room in the rest of the coach for our full time lifestyle.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:27 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place to research floor plans. There is a search function at the top right of the page with lots of good reading regarding peoples likes of different floor plans.

It took us two full days at LD deciding which floor plan would best suit our travel needs. We spent hours in all of the floor plans that were available to look at while we were there including time to watch the TV's to see if they were comfortable for viewing for us. It is hard to make that decision but our decision was based on traveling which is much different than those that are parked for a longer periods of time.

We also chose a floor plan with the most windows as we tend to travel to scenic areas and prefer scenic camp sites. Enjoy the search for the floor plan that will suit your needs the best, they are all good.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #5

Welcome ... We to are in the research and final decision phase. You are in the right place. All you need is here.. You only need to post .

Robert & Jana Stanton... Birthing a 2015 Anthem.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:12 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
The 44SL works well for us. The bathroom layout especially, and we like that it is easy to walk throughout the coach with all slides in.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
The 44SL works well for us. The bathroom layout especially, and we like that it is easy to walk throughout the coach with all slides in.
If you need to get to the bedroom while under way you need to stop and park the motorhome anyway so go for the 44DLQ. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We have the Anthem DEQ and while it is a little tight to the bath and bedroom they are accessible with slides in and my wife will even nap in BR while underway. Check all the floor plans out and pick the one that appears as though it will work for you both (but especially her).
ravens2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #9

Congrats to you and welcome to the forum!

You picked the right place to find assistance in finding answers. As others have said, you really need to take the time to sit in all of the different floor plans to see what will work best for you in the long run. Take your time! It can be a fun but time consuming process. But better to take the time on the front end and really consider your options, then to make a hasty decision and come to regret it later. Enjoy your search and keep us posted.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:01 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
I'll throw in here. I formerly had a 42DEQ Aspire, which for 2 people seemed right for us except the cramped bathroom. We enjoy a TV in the front and the L shaped couch and the kitchen mid coach. We recently upgraded to a 14 Anthem and chose the 44B layout. DW likes the big bathroom in the rear. The front is a little smaller than the DEQ but we hardly notice. The only downside is I reluctantly went to a 45 ft coach from a 42ft. It drives the same but have to limit when I bring it to my house as my drive way is 40ft long. If you carry more kids or guests I can understand liking the DLQ floorplan or RBQ.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 06:20 AM   #11

Thank you everyone for the valuable insight! I have been using the search function and taking notes. LD in Tampa had a Aspire 44b, 2 Anthems 44DLQ, and a 44b all 3 definitely had their strong points. I look forward to getting in a Anthem 44f and 42rbq I think those models check off all the needs and especially the future DWs wants :-).
Flynryan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
X2 on the SL. Hard to see one since dealers have told me that everyone wants bath and a half. But then they also tell me that when they order one, it's sold before it arrives.

Go figure.

Floorplan is a huge issue and it's totally personal. Enjoy the process.