Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-08-2017, 07:57 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Matt, I had the same experience last year. The year before, a trip to CA we had several CEL with bogus codes. The MPG....I was doing good to break into the 6 MPG range and not what I would call good power pulling the passes.

Made an appointment with Ocala Cummins on our way to our PDI last summer. I required 13 Cummins updates and a Spartan update. No more CEL, mileage is now averaging 7.3 and I can finally pull a hill like a 450 should. I am a believer to have Cummins updates done, it's free for the first 5 years. I think I am going to see if Ocala can do the Ball Joint recall and updates at the same time this year on our way out.

Keep us posted what they find on your new engine.

Ball joint recall repair needs some lead time as parts are taking awhile fir shops to get, and not all shops have the special ball joint tool. I tried for 3 weeks to get scheduled at NIRV in Dallas and gave up, now awaiting a scheduled date at Cummins Houston, although told by Spartan that parts were already shipped. Hoping they did not use my part order for someone else!
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-08-2017, 08:03 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH2 View Post
Ball joint recall repair needs some lead time as parts are taking awhile fir shops to get, and not all shops have the special ball joint tool. I tried for 3 weeks to get scheduled at NIRV in Dallas and gave up, now awaiting a scheduled date at Cummins Houston, although told by Spartan that parts were already shipped. Hoping they did not use my part order for someone else!
I am also waiting for a parts kit to come in from Spartan, but I did found out from the truck center that the parts kit contains the parts for 2 different front ends. If they have done enough of the recalls, they will have parts left over to do one of our front ends.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:37 AM   #31

Nor'easters Club
As I understand it, Spartan has a limited number of tools, and they are shipped to to service centers with parts as needed. More are on order. It appears to me they are somewhat stretched thin responding to this Recall. Glad mine was done at the factory before shipping.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:46 AM   #32

We got our coach back from Cummins Southern Plains in Houston. They corrected a few different things including the original complaints which were a Check Engine Light and a Rear Main oil leak.

We haven't put very many miles on the coach but it seems to be functional.

Our Avg. MPG is stuck on 295 MPG.

Combined with cheap fuel, I expect to spend about $12.00 in fuel this summer.

Oh well.

Regarding the age old Gas versus Diesel decision, there are solid points in favor each way. For us, it isn't much of a decision as we wanted an Entegra, and they all use the same fuel.

However, once you're setup in the CG, the experience is identical. In fact, we tend to run with friends who have a mixture of RVs.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cummins