Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Going to switch to Direct TV today need receiver advice.

Perfect timing...we ordered the Traveler for the Anthem and my Dish DVR died last night in the S&B. I know nothing about Direct equipment....which have you found to be the best receivers for the MH? I am going to switch services today, but need help on which "extra" receiver for the MH. I am a tatal green horn when it come to Direct, but can help other with Dish
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-12-2014, 07:22 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
I would say at least you want stand alone units and not slaves to a master unit. Then pick the one with the features you would like. For the coach I found I like to K.I.S.S. but that is just how I like it.
mrv8outboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I am sorry I sorry, I should have been more clear. I was referring to the Direct TV receiver that works best with the Traveler antenna and pre-wired from Entegra. Which model HD receivers do what?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:02 AM   #4

For non dvr hd ask for h24 model the hd dvr units are swm and have hdmi componet outputs you should have the swm travler (do you have the travler model#?) the only receiver I dont like is the h25 because of lack of output options.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 08:09 AM   #5

Get the Genie and one or two slave units. The slaves are a small box that plug into 120VAC and via a HDMI cable to the back of the second TV. The Genie sits in one room and sends the signal wirelessly to the slaves. If you have the system at home it is then a matter of taking the Genie, one slave and the repeater out and plugging them in
Old 06-12-2014, 08:34 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Perfect timing...we ordered the Traveler for the Anthem and my Dish DVR died last night in the S&B. I know nothing about Direct equipment....which have you found to be the best receivers for the MH? I am going to switch services today, but need help on which "extra" receiver for the MH. I am a tatal green horn when it come to Direct, but can help other with Dish
Chuck..
I have been following your "Journey" vicariously through this forum.. As you can see I have a Travel Supreme and followed your comments when you owned one as well.. Unfortunately I can't afford to follow you into the Entegra part of your adventure..
I have owned my coach about a year and a half.. The King dome that came in the coach NEVER worked even though I saw it operate when I took delivery from the PO.. He had spent big bucks on 4 beautiful flat screens in the coach but only really enjoyed the benefit while watching a DVD.. And the coax and all were an absolute nightmare! I or anyone I could get out to look at it could figure it out..
I decided to take a plunge and had a Trav'lr installed BEFORE the Direct TV boxes I wanted were available.. I got a Wireless genie and 3 wireless clients.. I basically was able to abandon the coach coax and I never looked back.. It will do it all.. Record 4 shows plus watch one.. 1 Terabyte hard drive so it will record and store more TV than even I can watch in HD!
Now please understand this is the system I use in my house as well.. and I carry it out every time we use the coach.. It literally just a few minutes to move from the house to coach..
Before the Trav'lr I used a Winegard Carry out and still have it for when I am a total blocked area.. But I have to tell you my new dish hasn't had an issue even when behind light tree obstruction which doesn't seem to phase it!
But I have to have another SWM splitter to convert the Carry Out to SWM and I use the rear park cable connector to take the signal to the front of the coach where the Genie (above the driver) cabinet is..
Has been the one project that I have done that works exactly as I have planned and I get comments all the time for the beautiful picture that my 46 inch Samsung has in the outside position..
Now because you have HDMI around the coach you may not need wireless.. But at home maybe you should think about it.. I have a client on the front porch and my wife can watch Oprah while on her swing without the cabling issue.. Even she is happy now.. No small accomplishment!
Glad to see your "Bumps" in your delivery were cleared.. Wish I could follow you in that journey as well..
Ron
04 Travel Supreme 40DS04 400 Cummins ISL
rhusak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Either the H24 or H25 receiver will work with your setup. The H25 is more compact and will fit the space better. I installed the H25, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. In our area, local channels are not available from direct because they are on the 119 satellite. The HD is beautiful and installation is a snap. If you do not get receivers from direct, you can get them from solidsignal.com for $99 each.
Bill in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 12:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450Donn View Post
Get the Genie and one or two slave units. The slaves are a small box that plug into 120VAC and via a HDMI cable to the back of the second TV. The Genie sits in one room and sends the signal wirelessly to the slaves. If you have the system at home it is then a matter of taking the Genie, one slave and the repeater out and plugging them in
we have the genie in our house and a hd dvr in the motor home along with a h24 , we travel often and try not to take to many things back and forth between house and motor home
Old 06-12-2014, 02:52 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
we have the genie in our house and a hd dvr in the motor home along with a h24 , we travel often and try not to take to many things back and forth between house and motor home
This is what we did also. The model we use for the MH is hr24-100. If you register with directv to use it at your s&b, then they will not allow you to receive the big networks feed. If you also get AM21 directv off air tuner, you will be able to receive the local stations where your motorhome is as long as your stick antenna receives it. The local stations will show up on your directv dvr guide. We use the off air tuner constantly.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Chuck, whatever receivers you get make sure they send you the RF remotes. They try to tell you they have no control over what's sent, but don't take that as an answer. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:19 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in FL View Post
Either the H24 or H25 receiver will work with your setup. The H25 is more compact and will fit the space better. I installed the H25, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. In our area, local channels are not available from direct because they are on the 119 satellite. The HD is beautiful and installation is a snap. If you do not get receivers from direct, you can get them from solidsignal.com for $99 each.
Bill, I am a little confused about the local stations, I am in the same area as you are and my neighbors get the locals with Direct. Thank you and everyone else for what models do what, and the link to solidsignal. I think I had better stay home tomorrow from working on the MH and get Direct ordered. We are on antenna in the S&B tonight in the family room.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Bill, I am a little confused about the local stations, I am in the same area as you are and my neighbors get the locals with Direct. Thank you and everyone else for what models do what, and the link to solidsignal. I think I had better stay home tomorrow from working on the MH and get Direct ordered. We are on antenna in the S&B tonight in the family room.
You should get local stations in your house but the traveler is missing an lnb so it will not get stations on the 119 satellite in the motor home
Old 06-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #13

I have genies and slaves in both tge S&B and the MH. I love them. Sweet talk Direct and the will send more than genie and more than four slaves.
dsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
You should get local stations in your house but the traveler is missing an lnb so it will not get stations on the 119 satellite in the motor home
That makes sense. I am always out of the spot beam anyhow, so I am use to using the antenna for locals in the MH.

Gary and Noel, thank you so much for your information. I have a lot to learn about Direct. Someone posted about being able to buy your Direct receivers, I thought they were all leased. I bought my Dish receivers and would much rather do that than rent.

Tags
advice