Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2016, 09:47 AM   #1

Good coverage washing end, plus extension pole

Does anyone have a good link for a long washing extension pole (sturdy)
plus a good mop like fiber end with good coverage. I have been trying to pull the trigger on a good washing end, with coverage and finger like strands that may reach into some of the crevices. Also a end that cannot
bang around on the finish.

Tall order I know.

Thanks for any help !!
Jactravlusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #2

I just bought, but have not received yet, the following:

Chemical Guys HOL131 - Premium Microfiber Car Wash Mop and Heavy Duty Extendable Pole Kit for RVs, Trucks and Large Vehicles (3 Items)

I have the same concerns. The pole that comes with it is not long enough to reach the top. I am still looking for a sturdy extension pole. CR Spotless has some really good, although expensive poles, but they supply water to the brushes that are attached. I don't want to use the brushes, but the poles might be ideal. They have a 13' and a 17' that collapse down.
WallyRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:33 AM   #3

You could get a good extension pole at Home Depot.

Gasman405
2014 Aspire DEQ
2016 Explorer
gasman405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:54 AM   #4

Here's another extension pole / micro fiber mitt kit to consider. The head swivels a bit too much and it takes a bit of time to figure out how to get the best angle to keep the mitt flush. I'd also suggest you get a couple extra sets of mitts.

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...fType=&from=fn

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...fType=&from=fn
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:28 PM   #5

Thanks for the good links. Order has been placed, just need to find out what sort of extension pole it will accept at the end after I get it. I did order a couple extra fiber ends since the shipping was going to be $19.99 unless ordering $50 worth. (free over $50 ) It came out in my favor this way.

Thanks !!
Jactravlusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:35 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
"Wash Wax" sells a kit that includes a very nice pole. I don t use it that much with the waterless wash system (still get on a step stool), but if washing with soap/water when the coach is too dirty for waterless, this one works great and is very sturdy. You may can get the pole only if that is all you need.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
"Wash Wax" sells a kit that includes a very nice pole.
That's what we use, both with water and soap if the coach is very dirty and also with the waterless spray if it's not Waterless Wash Wax Mop - Aero Cosmetics

Michelle
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:44 AM   #8

I use an aluminum painters extension pole I got from home depot. Extends 10' and is heavy duty. I tried putting a microfiber washing mitt over a screw on brush but it turned out to be to heavy at full extension. A good quality brush seems to be the only answer but they leave brush marks. Still looking for a good device to go on the end of the pole.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:48 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
I use an aluminum painters extension pole I got from home depot. Extends 10' and is heavy duty. I tried putting a microfiber washing mitt over a screw on brush but it turned out to be to heavy at full extension. A good quality brush seems to be the only answer but they leave brush marks. Still looking for a good device to go on the end of the pole.
Like he said. Go to depot or lowes where I got mine. They have a few to choose from
genesimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyRover View Post
I just bought, but have not received yet, the following:

Chemical Guys HOL131 - Premium Microfiber Car Wash Mop and Heavy Duty Extendable Pole Kit for RVs, Trucks and Large Vehicles (3 Items)

I have the same concerns. The pole that comes with it is not long enough to reach the top. I am still looking for a sturdy extension pole. CR Spotless has some really good, although expensive poles, but they supply water to the brushes that are attached. I don't want to use the brushes, but the poles might be ideal. They have a 13' and a 17' that collapse down.
Looks like the pad doesn't fit in the bucket.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post

I have a cylinder attachment that screws on to the end of the pole. It is covered with Velcro and I have a lambs wool cover that fits over the cylinder. This is what I use to wash our coach, no scratches or brush marks. You can get them from Mary Moppins. Some great products to wash a coach, also got a squeegee from them that fits on the pole to remove excess water, no water streaks and not much hand drying. All JMHO

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 11-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #12

I have heard that Molly Moppins carries a suitable product (Lambswool mitt with extension pole)but have to date not located a source.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:37 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
The head fits on my longer pole brush handle. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microtex-...-Pole/16645499
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #14

I bought a system that is sold by Lowes. The "head" is a "T" shaped scrubber/washer thing that is soft and terry cloth on one side of it, and a somewhat rougher scrubber side on the other side. This pad is held in place with velcro strips. Now, more to the point of the OP, I believe that the aluminum poles that the scrubber fits onto comes in three telescoping lengths. I bought the longest which is 3 sections. I believe it is 17' fully extended. it still is hard to get either the washer side or the scrubber side to work on bugs splattered on the front cap above and around the clearance lights, but so far it has been better than anything I have used before.

Now, a slightly different question for the group. Can anyone tell me who sells the scrubber-rubber squeegee blades that you tend to find at truck stops mounted on long wooden poles? The versions of those scrubber systems you find at WalMart or Camping World, in my opinion and experience, are very light duty, cheap, largely useless when I buy them for my coach and fall apart or become useless in just a few uses. However, I believe the ones that you find at truckstops would provide good service for many months on our coaches. I only want the scrubber part and want to mount it on my telescoping poles, not the wooden poles that you find at truckstops. Anyone know who supplies them for TA and Loves?

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote