Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2022, 02:53 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Good Sam Extended Warranty

My 2016 Entegra Cornerstone has 32, 000 miles now and I am curious if anybody has signed up for the Good Sam Extended Warranty. I was quoted about $2000/year with $1000/deductible. Is this a good deal? All opinions would be much appreciated.
Rocky40067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2022, 02:57 PM   #2

IMO, anything at a deductible this high isn't worth it. Some service contracts work and owners can make out like bandits. But reality is, with a $1,000 deductible you pay every repair cost up to $1,000 regardless as well as the first $1,000 of any repair period before even thinking about if it's a covered component or not.
chrislis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:09 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
That sure doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

Maybe other's with think differently.

Have you checked with Wholesale Warranties for a price for the same coverage?

https://wholesalewarranties.com/
Old 06-06-2022, 03:11 PM   #4

I have never bought an extended warranty. Most of them are not worth the money they cost, but the most important issue is a clear statement of what they cover and what they don't cover and companies are very clever about making that situation confusing or impossible to understand up front.

The ONLY type of warranty I would consider buying is what is called an exclusion policy. An exclusion policy states succinctly the specific systems or items it does NOT cover. There shouldn't be a lot of those exclusion and they should be clearly stated.

At least two years ago, the only type warranty that NIRVC sold and backed was an "exclusion type policy". I looked it over carefully and was impressed, but decided to self-insure. I stuck a pile of money away that would be my policy.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:16 PM   #5

Ditto all above. If you decide to purchase one, read the fine print and understand what kind of service and maintenance records you need.
Warhorse6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 11:20 AM   #6

Spartan Chassis
In all honesty, Good Sam would be the last company I would buy an extended warranty, or anything else, from. I have heard too many horror stories with them. If I actually believed in extended warranties, I probably go with Wholesale Warranty. They seem to have one of the top ratings. I have heard of cases where warranties were "voided" because the owner was full timers.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 11:31 AM   #7
Community Moderator

That is not a good deal. Most policies are considerably less that that with a $100 deductible. I have an 8-year policy with $100 deductible that cost $4900 on my rv and a 6-year policy with $0 deductible that cost $3900 for my fifth wheel trailer.
Old 06-07-2022, 02:46 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
If it is a Good Sam's product, there will only be one winner, his name is Marcus Lemonis. Any other policy would have $100-$150. deductible, but GS is $1,000. Marcus has already won on any claim.
I no longer participate in anything with a GS logo since a real fuel saving card came out that does not cost $35. up front to save nothing.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 10:02 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Two things. First, Marcus said in public that he didn't want my business because of my political leanings. I am happy to oblige him. Second. If you're considering an extended warranty, contact NIRVC and ask them about Camper's Edge. I am waaaay happy with mine, but I did buy it when my rig was new; I don't know what their program is like for used.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 10:35 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
Two things. I a First, Marcus said in public that he didn't want my business because of my political leanings.m happy to oblige him. Second. If you're considering an extended warranty, contact NIRVC and ask them about Camper's Edge. I am waaaay happy with mine, but I did buy it when my rig was new; I don't know what their program is like for used.
I almost forgot about that one....I remember now, I threw the GS card away after that announcement. I have found that 99% of the GC take FMCA or VA for the same discount that GS gave.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 02:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
Two things. First, Marcus said in public that he didn't want my business because of my political leanings. I am happy to oblige him. Second. If you're considering an extended warranty, contact NIRVC and ask them about Camper's Edge. I am waaaay happy with mine, but I did buy it when my rig was new; I don't know what their program is like for used.
Our GS card just got cut up and flushed. Any business that pulls some political BS like that will never get any of our business. It's crap like this that has us so polarized these days. It's one this to disagree with someone's actual political ideology or ideas, but quite another to disagree with others just because of party affiliation.
Denie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 02:32 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Ok. Let’s get back on topic here please. When this first happened we had to remove many threads as political discussions are not permitted here. Some interpreted this statement one way and others another way. Either way it’s not allowed here.
Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 04:45 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Thank you all for this good info. I love this sight.
Rocky40067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:31 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
One thing I forgot to mention when I touted Camper's Edge and NIRVC, is that if you have your repairs done at NIRVC, the deductible is waived.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extended warranty, warranty