Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2020, 06:27 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Good Sam vs Coach net experiences ?

After reading about all these DEF issues, I am wondering what kind of customer service issues people have had with coach net vs. Good Sam’s. We currently have a Sam’ s policy that is coming up for renewal shortly. We have never had to use Good Sam’s, or any other coverage so your input is appreciated !
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2020, 06:58 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
In eleven years of travel, I had to use my GS roadside for the first time recently. While I had an acceptable outcome, I would not say I was impressed with how it was handled.

On my initial call, I requested a mobile mechanic. I was told there wasn’t one in the area I was in and they would arrange a tow to a shop 20 miles distant. The phone connection with the smoker-voiced lady on the GS end was horrible and I kept getting cut off. There was no way to call her back directly, so I had to go thru the central switch and they had to find her and have her call me back. This happened at least four times. After about three hours of phone tag, I was provided the name of the tow service.

The tow service owner called me and asked if I would first like to see if his service truck could fix my problem. He said if he towed me to the place GS had authorized, I would be stuck there for days. I leapt at his offer. His guy showed up not even 20 min later and had me back on the road within a couple or three hours with a new starter.

As I said, satisfactory outcome, but getting there wasn’t pleasant. I’m undecided if it is time to give coachnet a shot when my GS renewal comes due.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:35 AM   #3

Ive now had coaches for ~ 8 years. I bought GoodSams roadside/towing service my first year of coach ownership. I needed their help once in that year (it was about a mysteriously "flat" inside dual tire, that actually was not a "flat tire" but I made the mistake of calling their roadside service which then cost me ~ $900 for no reason). I needed to talk to the man that was the person acting as the CEO (maybe really the owner) of GoodSams roadside service and he was the least helpful man that I have encountered in the roadside service business in my life. I was so unhappy with how I was handled and the service that was provided that I swore I would never again in this lifetime give GoodSams Company one nickel of my money. and in the following 7 years I have lived up to that claim. I also told him that I would spend the rest of my days on this earth telling people what a miserable company they were. I am living up to that personal promise.

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM GOODSAMS ROADSIDE SERVICE. They must do something right or they would already be out of business, but I dont know what it is.

Now, I switched to CoachNet after GoodSams. Thankfully, I have needed roadside service only one or two times, and it was not for a tow or something really serious, however, I have needed to interact with the customer service people several times, and needed to talk with their technical RV repair experts one or two times. I have been completely satisfied with my 7 years of being a customer of CoachNet. If you want to really understand my problems with GoodSams, PM me and I will fill you in. However, my advice is stay away from them. Just like everything associated with Camping World, they do all their business badly.

Put your money and trust into CoachNet. You will get a serious attempt at service, rather than advertising bullsh**.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:40 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I switched from GS to Coach Net many years back. Main reason is Coach Net has Tech service over the phone and in some area can send a roadside tech out. GS did not offer that service. Also Entegra supplies 3 years of Coach Net with each new purchase. The other reason, I wanted to get off GS mailing list.
Speaking of DEF problems, Spartan has been sending Coach Net techs out to replace DEF sensors that have gone into derate and can't make it to a shop.. One just post the other day by grsack
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:05 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I've been happy with Coach-Net for 11 years. I've used them several times to find mobile mechanics that could come out to help. I had to be towed this past summer and they handled it very professionally and kept in contact with me until I arrived at the mechanics location.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:15 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
That was short and sweet guys ! I will be letting my GS lapse, and I will be buying the Coach Net coverage. Thank you for the input !
Les1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:28 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
The other reason, I wanted to get off GS mailing list.
I’m no longer undecided. Flicking the last bit of CW off the end of my finger will be worth it alone.
USMCRET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 08:39 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les1951 View Post
That was short and sweet guys ! I will be letting my GS lapse, and I will be buying the Coach Net coverage. Thank you for the input !
Your postal carrier will thank you. With the TSD fuel card savings, there is really not much need for GS anymore. RV Parks that have GS discounts usually have FMCA or VA discounts as well.
Old 12-12-2020, 01:33 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
My recent experience with Coach-net was overall very positive!

A few day's into my new policy (with tire coverage) I found a bolt in my R steer tire. A few phone calls later, this and that way, they found me my brand and size. I was on my way down the road in about 1 hour all paid for by CN. It Would have cost me more than twice what I paid for the policy and they did all the hard work!

Again, overall very respectable service and I remain very impressed. Delivered as promised. I will not be without CN as long as I have a rig.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:54 PM   #10

Ok, guys - which Coachnet level? Our Entegra-supplied coverage is ending, and we need to pony up and buy it ourselves.
Old 12-12-2020, 09:01 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Depends on your comfort level. With the trailer, I had basic. With MH and my older age, I am on Premium.
AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 08:19 AM   #12

Dave

Premium is the only way to go. I was told basic is only available to manufacturers and dealers. Maybe I have my terms mixed up, but you can't get the cheaper level of service.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:40 AM   #13

Is this the one you guys like?

Click image for larger version

Name:	F8072111-950E-408C-A248-2F2C7E8B68A4_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	311301
Prairie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 06:50 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post

Attachment 311301
That is a one of the extended coverage programs. All I have coach net for is towing and technical assistance over the phone.