Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Well, I guess I'll weigh in on this one since a lot of friends are also posting. We are full timers, and are always on the go, and the last thing we're concerned about is finding the exact cheapest fuel. All we do is make sure we are FULL before we stop for our stay (1wk/2wk/month), and top off our DEF using Walmart 2.5gal containers for $7.99. Typically cheaper than Pilot. We usually always use Pilot/Flying-J, since it's more convenient, they have great pizza/snacks, and I know I got easily. Our problem is spending all our money before we die, so not worried about missing a steak dinner. If I was, I'd never have purchased an Entegra that gets 7.3mpg, or spend $8,000 for an Alaska trip, or $1400 for Magna Shades and Wheel Covers, or $3500 for a water softener from NIRVC. It's all just part of the luxury of owning an expensive coach and enjoying life to its fullest. Just sayin!
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #30

I don't think the real reason for trying to save a few bucks on fuel is that folks might miss a steak dinner.. some folks find it quite fulfilling to save a a buck where they can... and maybe some of that reward is enjoying a nice big New York steak on top of knowing you didn't let pilot/flying j rip you off just because it's easy to pull up to there pump ...
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:14 PM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Whatever blows your horn!
Fattman-Litlboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:42 PM   #32

Owning one of these rigs is all about convenience; comfortable ride, comfortable interior, easy set up, lots of other things, and of course the destination.
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:37 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
I guess I need to do a better job of checking prices. I haven't seen lower prices in many places than F/J. When we are traveling in our car, we use then and they are generally lower than than surrounding stations and as noted, they have pretty good food. We'll start looking more.

WRT billing. I also was cut off and called. My credit limit was raised on the spot. Billing is done direct to my bank account and that process has worked fine so far. We've found F/J's to be clean and the staff to be friendly. Pilots aren't quite up to F/J but the have served us well also.

We did run into an issue in, I think, Montana where the franchise issue arose or maybe it was when we went into Canada.

For us the consistency has been a big plus including clean restrooms (When we're in the car).

I will say that the F/J next to Lazy Days is the worst station of any kind I've ever tried to use - not the station itself but the in-out process.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:55 AM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Needed $50. in fuel to make it home. Stopped at a Pilot just to check this post. CC price $2.95 cash price $2.89 Good Sam's card price $2.81, I used cash.

Race Track at the corner from my house $2.65 and I will 125 gallons.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:02 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
I guess I need to do a better job of checking prices. I haven't seen lower prices in many places than F/J. When we are traveling in our car, we use then and they are generally lower than than surrounding stations and as noted, they have pretty good food. We'll start looking more.

Pricing must be different in the South because in the West FJ is typically 25+ cents per gallon higher than most other stations. Just did a Gas Buddy check in Boise and many stations have diesel at 2.99, Fred Meyer at 2.95, and a few at 2.97. FJ is 3.25
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:09 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Needed $50. in fuel to make it home. Stopped at a Pilot just to check this post. CC price $2.95 cash price $2.89 Good Sam's card price $2.81, I used cash.

Race Track at the corner from my house $2.65 and I will 125 gallons.
I have a Corp Card with Flying J/Pilot. Then give me cash price plus an additional discount. It is usually about the same or less than the locals with all discounts. Then they give me points for food and drinks that add up even more. Their new App is pretty cool as I can get a code from it and which lane is open when I get near the station and I never need to get a card out. I literally get food for free or 1/2 off whenever we get a meal there such as Subway and so on.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:32 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A little off topic, but may effect the pilot/flying j card somewhere down the line. Warren Buffet (Berkshire Hathway) bought 38% of Pilot/Flying J. He will eventually own 80% of the company

Buffett bets on truck stops, to buy majority of Pilot Flying J
Old 10-03-2017, 08:07 PM   #38

GoodSam Pilot Flying J RV charge card

My 42 MH plus toad can pull into just about any fuel station.
I truly enjoy beating the P/FJ prices by $20 to $50 per 100 gallons every time! Thank you, GasBuddy!
I get loyalty discounts, 5% cash back et al.
I recommend that everyone at least study the CDL manual and practice the air brake stuf, maneuvering and turning. I am much safer for having done that.
Some will come back with "I've never had a problem". If they just study the CDL manual they will say "wow, that not only makes sense but makes driving easier and safer". They can shed the fear!

When you can confidently drive in downtown traffic and make the tight corners, or pull up to a standard fuel pump, or back into a space in one shot, etc, it feels very good.
Yes, there is a toad behind me. Yes, I can also maneuver to the inside pumps. Yes, the incredible wheel cut is what makes it all happen.
With the savings, I don't buy a steak dinner, I cook it! My savings buys tires.
And if Buffet makes P/FJ competitive, they still lose because of the wait time, dirty conditions, etc.
Lose the fear. Enjoy an improved cash flow!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5866.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	178748
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:50 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Sorry but my experience is F/J's have been really clean. Again, not so sure about pricing and will check more often.

OTOH - I did save .05 on a fountain drink this week.... Not so sure about the benefit of their rewards!!!
Old 10-03-2017, 09:40 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattman-Litlboy View Post
Well, I guess I'll weigh in on this one since a lot of friends are also posting. We are full timers, and are always on the go, and the last thing we're concerned about is finding the exact cheapest fuel. All we do is make sure we are FULL before we stop for our stay (1wk/2wk/month), and top off our DEF using Walmart 2.5gal containers for $7.99. Typically cheaper than Pilot. We usually always use Pilot/Flying-J, since it's more convenient, they have great pizza/snacks, and I know I got easily. Our problem is spending all our money before we die, so not worried about missing a steak dinner. If I was, I'd never have purchased an Entegra that gets 7.3mpg, or spend $8,000 for an Alaska trip, or $1400 for Magna Shades and Wheel Covers, or $3500 for a water softener from NIRVC. It's all just part of the luxury of owning an expensive coach and enjoying life to its fullest. Just sayin!
If you need help with spending your money, I am here to assist! [emoji1]
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #41

Entegra Owners Club
This post has been beneficial to me. We normally travel the highway where fuel is at gas station prices and most of the station have a truck island with no up charge for using it along the highways.

Due to hurricane problems at home we made the trip home from MI on the Interstates.....what a difference in fuel cost! Highway prices $2.75 a gallon. Interstate price $2.95 a gallon. However with the GS discount card it was almost a push at $2.81 a gallon, the 3% cash back on the CC.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 03:08 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Can someone tell me this for certain? When you use the GS/PFJ card at the outside (or counter) PFJ truck pumps, does the discount come off the cash price or off the charge card price. I have been told both by others so don't know what is the truth.

Frankly I try to avoid any truckstop if I can avoid it, but have the card and would like to understand how it works (or doesn't)!!

Gary
I use my flying J card often for my motorhome and I get the cash price plus 5% off.
jjcrawfish is offline   Reply With Quote