Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman62 View Post
Have you been over to the Newmar forum and read about all their issues? Not sure why there is the idea that if you spend x amount on a coach is should be perfect. There is no such thing as perfect. Brand new homes are not perfect yet we put a home on a chassis and drive it down the road and dont expect problems? Part of owning a coach is working on it or paying someone else to work on it. I would say Entegra and Newmar have the fewest issues out there but they all have problems. I firmly believe expectations are just too high.

Zman, I'm aware that all can have issues. I have built enough buildings to know that the perfection unit is a rare beast. Even here in my practice we prepare, document, and check and double check, but mistakes will sometimes happen. My concerns are that Entegra will become something like I see with the Tiffins where mistakes are brought back to the factory where the owner can wait for weeks and more to get items fixed that never should have left the factory. Yes they get resolved, but at what cost in time and money to the owner?

I still think Entegra is one of the best units out there and everyone I have met that is or has been employed by the company has been top notch and just super straight shooters. From what I am hearing from others, the Company is taking the steps to make things right sooner rather than later.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
What is your expectation when you have surgery? dental implants ? we are human but you don't expect hit or miss from us do you? There are always exceptions to the rule but blatant errors/defects should not be the rule.
Unfair comparison. When you have surgury or dental implants they don't rebulid every single system in your body from scratch, and then subject it to torture. But that is what happens when you build a mortorhome and send it out over the road.

As for Pat's dealer comment, he is correct, they do a terrible job of inspecting these coaches prior to delivery. I'm not talking about one particular dealer but (nearly) all of them. I don't know what the manufacturers can do to change this, but they really should be trying hard to do so, because that would have a huge effect on customer satisfaction. The intial defects are inevitable, but passing them on uncorrected to the customer is not.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Just had a call from Superwoman (a.k.a. Joyce). Joyce reminded the parts supplier that two more days have gone by with zero action from Samsung and they decided to cut their losses and replace the fridge. Fridge will be swapped by Orlando RV. Once again Entegra CS worked to satisfy customer despite a lack of help from the parts manufacturer. I'm satisfied. A new RV should have a new fridge not a rebuilt.

Had a discussion with Entegra about testing fridges vs checking lights work to avoid this in the future with another owner. Joyce said they will be discussing this with production.

The only bummer is an RV I can't use for another week.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:30 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Unfair comparison. When you have surgury or dental implants they don't rebulid every single system in your body from scratch, and then subject it to torture. But that is what happens when you build a mortorhome and send it out over the road.

As for Pat's dealer comment, he is correct, they do a terrible job of inspecting these coaches prior to delivery. I'm not talking about one particular dealer but (nearly) all of them. I don't know what the manufacturers can do to change this, but they really should be trying hard to do so, because that would have a huge effect on customer satisfaction. The intial defects are inevitable, but passing them on uncorrected to the customer is not.
If the dealer should catch the problems and correct them thn why cant the manufacturers inspect and fix them before they send them to the dealer ?
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:42 PM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, just got home from LD and got to my computer. Glad your Anthem arrived in mostly good condition, but sure sorry to hear about the refrigerator. I couldn't agree more about the night shades and cannot stand all or none being down. I am going to check on some reprogramming that I have heard can be done.

Yours looks beautiful.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
The tech at RVOne said he has been told FireFly Integration has the ability to reprogram the existing shade panel to operate the night shades individually if the panel is removed and sent to FireFly. I suppose anybody interested should inquire with FireFly because it is just a rumor I heard.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, I will be talking with Joyce regarding our coach tomorrow and I will ask the question regard what can be done about the programming. I will post the answer.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #36

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fla tom View Post
If the dealer should catch the problems and correct them thn why cant the manufacturers inspect and fix them before they send them to the dealer ?
Because after 1000 miles or more of road travel things that worked at the factory may not work anymore. It is called "infant mortality" syndrome and it is common in all kinds of mechanical and electronic devices. The early usage period shows a much higher incidence of failure and once the initial period is over, reliability increases greatly. As a pilot, I would much rather fly with a mid-time engine than a brand new one.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #37

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I always think it's interesting when reason departs from a thread such as this one. Ok.....I've said enough.....can't fix st$@&€.

The thread has probably departed from constructive dialogue, and entered the land of vituperous rants, which serve no purpose.

See ya.
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
I agree with several of the comments here. I've owned several houses; some were more expensive than the Anthem; some less. Everyone that was bought new had a punch list that in some cases took months before new items were no longer being added. And none of them had to endure being bounced down the road.

I think we need to keep pressure on manufacturers and dealers, but to expect perfection is not likely to be fruitful. It probably won't do your health any good (BP!) Most of the coaches seem to have problems in what seem to me to be a reasonable range. Obviously a few are sadly way beyond reasonable or normal.

I like the way most of us work with Entegra CS to get things fixed. I hope that Entegra will learn and improve and find a way to insure that their dealers are doing their job.

Perfection - Unlikely. Continuous Improvement - A realistic goal.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:42 AM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Very well said Emerson.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:43 AM   #40

Send a message via Yahoo to ie2special
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Very well said Emerson.
Agree
Old 03-28-2014, 10:21 AM   #41

Congrats on the new rig, enjoy!
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:43 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog44 View Post
I agree with several of the comments here. I've owned several houses; some were more expensive than the Anthem; some less. Everyone that was bought new had a punch list that in some cases took months before new items were no longer being added. And none of them had to endure being bounced down the road.

I think we need to keep pressure on manufacturers and dealers, but to expect perfection is not likely to be fruitful. It probably won't do your health any good (BP!) Most of the coaches seem to have problems in what seem to me to be a reasonable range. Obviously a few are sadly way beyond reasonable or normal.

I like the way most of us work with Entegra CS to get things fixed. I hope that Entegra will learn and improve and find a way to insure that their dealers are doing their job.

Perfection - Unlikely. Continuous Improvement - A realistic goal.
Well said indeed!