Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-26-2014, 07:05 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Got it - Sort of

DW and I picked up our 2014 Anthem 44B at RVOne on Monday and it is beautiful, with a few flaws.

First off I don't won't to pile on and complain about why my $350k MH isn't perfect. I've never made anything perfect and no manmade device can be. I traded up from an Aspire to an Anthem and I still like Entegras and we dreaded "debugging" another coach, but I know that is just part of RV ownership. As others have said it takes 1-2 years to get it right. The items we found were mostly small and no worse than 16 mos ago and commensurate with the other RVs we've owned.

The big thing wrong is the Samsung frig has pretty lights but doesn't cool. I'm working with Joyce for resolution but all I can say is Samsung CS is appalling. The bad part is my RV is "grounded" until I get a working frig. I can't go anywhere. If I was fulltime, this would be a huge PITA. Joyce is once again putting her big "S" (superwoman) suit on.

Now the other stuff....
1. A few paint chips. Probably from the delivery trip. About a dozen. The paint is actually very good except the radiator grill. It appears the grill wasn't prepped correctly and the paint is flaking off. Already scheduling a repaint on grill.
2. No road salt. Delivered during a week of decent temps.
3. The leveling jacks need calibration and are "wacky" on their version of level.
4. All other systems check out okay.
5. Roof looks good. Sealant looks good.
6. No rattles on the road.
7. Drive is nice except steering wheel is a little off center.
8. Floorheat seems okay in all areas.

Observations....
1. I know it's the same stats as the Aspire, but the Anthem seems to turn sharper.
3. These new Coleman ACs are waaaayyyy nice. Much quieter than Aspire.
4. DW not a fan of Bose sound bar. Subwoofer just randomly booms during TV shows. Temporarily unplugged to please DW.
5. I wouldn't have paid for all electric shades if I had a choice.
6. Verdict still out on Girard awning vs Carefree.

Will post when frig fixed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	59321  
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on your new coach...I had the paint issues on the engine cowling...not sure what they do differently but mine were bubbles. Also had a spot that the paint was thin and you could see the undercoat. Didn't affect the drive and they repainted to my satisfaction. I'm interested...how was your delivery from RVOne? Robin M said they had made many changes to make it better. As this is your second from them (I think), I'd like to see what you think.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:13 PM   #3

Dave,

First off, congrats on the new coach. It is a beauty, but I'm curious about a couple of things. Why wouldn't you have paid for the electric shades? More pain than a convenience? Also I'm curious about your comments about the awning. What don't you like about the Girards?

Ed
Old 03-26-2014, 07:16 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Way to go, it looks great. You're going enjoy it just like the Aspire.

Personally I kind of enjoy the little challenges and I know not everyone does but there's a sense of accomplishment as each hurdle is overcome.

In the end you've got an outstanding coach, congratulations. :-)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Very good report Hogdriver, with reasonable expectations. I agree with you about the motorized shades. I have had three of them fail already at different times, all replaced under warranty. But what does this portend for the future? I would gladly trade them for manual shades at the same price.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations Dave and Debbie. We also traded an Aspire for and Anthem and like you are ready to accept a few challenges along the way.
BTW-I made the same observation on the turning radius so I checked and our Anthem's do cut a few degrees sharper.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:41 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am curious why the comment about poor CS from Samsung (I've heard that too from someone I know who does appliance repair). Since it is a new coach, why would you need to call anyone other than Entegra to get the fridge immediately replaced?
Old 03-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Congrats on the new anthem. The Boom box on my RBQ was under the dining room table, there is a volume control on it and you can reduce the Boom-Boom-Boom!

Tom
crowleytj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 09:43 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
My guess is that is one of the options being considered. My only question would be what orifice you take that refrigerator through to change it out. It wasn't easy to change out my recliner for the infamous euro-lounge chair. And they are flexible. Just saying'...that's something I wouldn't mind watching.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:02 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
A couple of responses.

First, about the paint. I think Precision mostly does great work. I used to paint trucks and SUVs in high school and I couldn't approach their quality....no runs, no drips, even coverage, great clear coat.

About Samsung appliances. I have to restrain myself about my answer while my problem is being resolved. Their CS is poor. So poor in fact I will never buy a Samsung appliance again. Standby for a seperate post after my problem is resolved. I'm not dissing them without cause and I plan on posting more as of an info only thing for other owners when dealing with Samsung. I can't believe I like the Maytag in my Ex Aspire more. According to Joyce this is the first major run in with Samsung since they changed vendors and I think she was suprised.

Motorized shades. I hate them. It's like motorized toilet paper rolls. I think they are overly complicated for the gains. I trade them for induction top or air leveling.

Girard Awnings. I think my old Carefree awning was more sturdy. Everything I've read about putting out the Girards has me skittish when the wind blows.

RVOne. I think the management is truly trying to improve. They always talk about how well things work at Albany....do they?...They have a new manager (the old one was fine), they have a new service manager, they have hired new cleaning and prep people. Their new manager said all of the employees have a great attitude they just need coaching, and attitude cannot be taught. I cannot say their location has changed or improved access. The employees at RVOne said they were astonished at the Tampa RV show and the opening of their Tampa store the anomosity that North Trail salesman expressed for the Entegra brand
Old 03-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Frig replacement in a Anthem requires about 5 Bubbas, removing the drivers window, driver's chair and a forklift. In the works. Pictures soon.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:24 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
I wondered how...hoped it wasn't the front windshield...too much that could subsequently go wrong. I never though about the drivers window, but that makes sense.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:16 AM   #13

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Hope they take the doors off and the drawer out!
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:59 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post

Motorized shades. I hate them. It's like motorized toilet paper rolls. I think they are overly complicated for the gains. I trade them for induction top or air leveling.

Thats funny. I totally agree on trading them for air leveling.
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote