Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2014, 09:13 PM   #1

Grand Canyon RV Park Recommendation

Can anyone recommend a nice park for staying/visiting the Grand Canyon?

Thanks for the help!!

Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Aspire w/2011 Jeep Liberty
Jburklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
On the south side, Mather (no hookups) works well.

On the north side, there is also a no hookup campground in the park (don't remember the name).
SeeTheUSA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
We stayed at the Grand Canyon Railroad Park in Williams AZ. Fun train ride and easy drive to the South Side. Friends drove toad to the North Rim from there. Not sure if they stayed overnight, but I think they did.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #4

When we were there we stayed at the Williams KOA, was about an hour away but had full hook-ups and a restaurant onsite. It was also close to "Bearizona" a drive thru Bear and wildlife park, and there was a nice little aircraft museum between the KOA and the canyon.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:55 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
We stayed at Trailer Village inside the park on the south rim. Full hookups, sites large enough to accommodate our 42ft coach and on the bus line to everything in the park. Herds of elk walked through the campground every afternoon... very cool.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
You can actually stay at the south rim in Trailer Village. Full hookups and plenty of sites that will handle big rigs. Just make sure to tell them how long you are when you make your reservation.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:46 AM   #7

This thread may help.

We did the North Rim, see them both if you can.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f38/plann...ea-188023.html
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #8

All

Thank you for the responses [ moderator edit ]

We have booked our trip...starting June 1st. San Antonio, Rosswell, Grand Canyon (Trailer Village), Page, Az (Wahweap RV, Lake Powell) - rent a boat to tour Lake Powell, and use Wahweap as a base to visit Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon then.....? Well we haven't made it that far. Technology is wonderful and now that I have internet I can work from anywhere.

Ahh...life is good on the road!

Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Entegra Aspire w/Jeep Liberty
Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #9
Community Administrator

I've been to both and in my book a post about the Grand Canyon includes both rims. Enjoy your trip. They're both incredible.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:48 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburklo View Post
All

Thank you for the responses and Flagship I did not take offense but did look at the other Grand Cnyon posts after your recommendation...so thank you!

We have booked our trip...starting June 1st. San Antonio, Rosswell, Grand Canyon (Trailer Village), Page, Az (Wahweap RV, Lake Powell) - rent a boat to tour Lake Powell, and use Wahweap as a base to visit Bryce Canyon and Zion Canyon then.....? Well we haven't made it that far. Technology is wonderful and now that I have internet I can work from anywhere.

Ahh...life is good on the road!

Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Entegra Aspire w/Jeep Liberty
When you plan your routing from the Grand Canyon to Page, be aware that you cannot take 89 all the way up to Page. A portion of the road collapsed a year or so ago and it has not been rebuilt. The work around is to exit the Grand Canyon via Highway 64 eastbound. Then north on 89 to 160 east. Take 160 east to highway 98 north. That will get you to Page.

Given your timing for being out west, you could take a little detour to Paso Robles for Summerfest June 9 to 13. Following the big party, you could get back on track for your tour out west. Just a thought!

One last suggestion is if you decide to stop in Las Vegas, you want to stay at the Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort. Great place to stay and just a few minutes off the strip.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrzryd View Post
When you plan your routing from the Grand Canyon to Page, be aware that you cannot take 89 all the way up to Page. A portion of the road collapsed a year or so ago and it has not been rebuilt. The work around is to exit the Grand Canyon via Highway 64 eastbound. Then north on 89 to 160 east. Take 160 east to highway 98 north. That will get you to Page.

Given your timing for being out west, you could take a little detour to Paso Robles for Summerfest June 9 to 13. Following the big party, you could get back on track for your tour out west. Just a thought!

One last suggestion is if you decide to stop in Las Vegas, you want to stay at the Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort. Great place to stay and just a few minutes off the strip.
Thanks Tom for the recommendation. Actually I'm trying to convince my wife for that route I would live to come and be a "groupie" with the entegra folks!!! And get some tips. I'll keep trying.

Jeff
Old 01-26-2014, 08:44 AM   #12

Stayed at Williams last year. Took the train to the South Rim. Worth the day..some would say a little cheesey but we thought okay cheesey. Later in the week we drove the toad to the NorthRim. Long drive, spent the night in a circa 50's motel/camp. Left the coach in Williams. Williams itself is a cool town, make sure if you go you walk the main drag. Especially if you watched Route 66 in the 60's. We stayed at rain side ranch, the had dog sitting. We did notice another one down by the rail station later that looked okay....
Goschked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jburklo View Post
Can anyone recommend a nice park for staying/visiting the Grand Canyon? Thanks for the help!! Jeff & Terri Burklo 2012 Aspire w/2011 Jeep Liberty
Jeff, I am a new poster, I posted an answer and is down the thread....
Goschked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goschked View Post
Jeff, I am a new poster, I posted an answer and is down the thread....
Got it. Thank you. We are also thinking about driving to the North Rim as well. Overnighting might be fun!!

Thanks again to all

Jeff & Terri Burklo
2012 Aspire DEQ w/2012 Jeep Liberty