Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2021, 08:15 AM   #15
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin101 View Post
I have the valtera valves so they can be wired for two switches. I can open and close the valves from either location, but I can’t open one upstairs and close it downstairs or vise versa.
For those with Drain Master, is this the same thing; i.e. if you open upstairs you can't close downstairs and vice versa? Not sure why I would want to do that so long as I can open and close from either location.

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
OWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2021, 12:01 PM   #16

Valterra electric valves are OEM standard on Entegra Coaches.... and I dont understand why you would want to change them..... I have never had ANY problem with those valves on my two coaches.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:28 PM   #17

The Drainmaster valves can be opened from one location and closed from another and vice-versa.

Here is a picture of where I run the power (12 volt) lines up into the mid bath. It's in the power cord bay using the same route the vacuum cleaner hose goes.

Those Pex lines are going up to my Deionizer in the front left bay.

Van
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0641.jpeg
Views:	27
Size:	222.4 KB
ID:	321807  
Old 03-20-2021, 06:52 AM   #18
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Valterra electric valves are OEM standard on Entegra Coaches.... and I dont understand why you would want to change them..... I have never had ANY problem with those valves on my two coaches.

Gary
Thank you, Gary. I am glad to read that you have not had any problems with your Valterra valves. Unfortunately, our coach came with manual valves. I want to add electric valves and am doing my due diligence. My choices appear to be Valterra and Drain Master. The only problem with the Valterra valves is that they are not wired for 2 sets of switches; i.e. one in the water bay and one in the coach. BUT, the good news is that a 2nd set of switches can be added, they are, as you point out, OEM on Entegra coaches, and they are less expensive than DM. The nice thing about DM is that they come with 2 switches. Since the price difference is significant, I am favoring the Valterra so I really appreciate your endorsement. Thank you.

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
Old 03-20-2021, 07:03 AM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Tiffin guy here but thought I would provide another option vs running a second set of switches inside the coach. We have the Barker valves and I was going to run the second switches inside then came across the wireless switch below. They have proved to be great and can empty the tanks anywhere inside. Here is a link to them if interested.

https://logicbluetech.com/powermatepro/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Logic blue 1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	321863  
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:17 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
Tiffin guy here but thought I would provide another option vs running a second set of switches inside the coach. We have the Barker valves and I was going to run the second switches inside then came across the wireless switch below. They have proved to be great and can empty the tanks anywhere inside. Here is a link to them if interested.

Those are great!, thank you for sharing.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 11:10 AM   #21
OWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post

Thanks, Tiffin Guy. As Brobox said, the wireless switches are great and potentially offer a great alternative to running wiring for a 2nd set of switches inside the coach, particularly since our half bath is on the otherside of the coach. I will explore the link you sent, but one quick question, do you know if these wireless switches are compatible with the Valterra electric valves? And, if they are, how easy are they to set up?

Thanks, again, for the tip. Let's hope they work for the Valterra valves.

Regards,
2019 & 2014 Anthems
Old 03-21-2021, 01:12 PM   #22

Tiffin Owners Club
They are not specific to any brand, or quite frankly, any function in a coach. They simply replace a switch that "controls" something. Some use it for slide outs and awnings. Do look at the instructions. They work with current switches that have 3 and 4 wires but not less or more.....something like that. They were a breeze to install and if you look closely at my picture, I used the rectangular outlet covers to mount the switches. I think I had to take a utility knife to the one of the sides for a good fit.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:48 PM   #23

When my macerator hose failed, it was at the height of the lockdown.
No one had one. If they did it would be 4 weeks to get it shipped.
and if someone did have one the cost would have been over $250

I purchased a 25 foot long inch and a half pool vacuum hose locally for under $50.
It fits in the storage compartment. It's been nearly a year, so far so good. When it fails, they are on the shelf at Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, and any swimming pool store.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20200714_135951371.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	739.9 KB
ID:	322133  
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, cat, hose, macerator, water