Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2018, 09:27 AM   #1

Gray Water Plumbing RBQ

While our issue is with an RBQ I suspect it exists on other floor plans. Specifically where the plumbing, hoses, wires, etc. make the transition from the kitchen slide to the base coach.

The gray water is routed thru a flexible hose that is 1.25 on the OD. Unknown until now the gray water hose was taking the brunt of the force on the "mechanicals" bundle when the slide moves out and in. When fully retracted the gray tubing was being severely kinked by the edge of the slide. Kinked to the point it is now completely closed off.

I think others have mentioned issues with the Aquahot hose(s) being kinked or chafed at this point causing no floor or register heat.

My aquahot hoses are scuffed and dented but OK otherwise. The gray waste line took it for the team.

Any one have any experience with this type of tubing and splicing it or obtaining it? I haven't resorted to CS yet......going to the experts on the forum first.

BTW, the tubing is reinforced with wire so it is pretty stiff. It is amazing the amount force it took to kink and collapse it so i can only imagine the condition of the connections at either end of it. It is so stiff it is impossible to un-kink. I have tried mandrels made of 2 inch slit PCV and c-clamps, pliers, etc. to try and force it back to round. I am going to have to cut and splice that closed section out so looking for any insight out there.

In the mean time........If you have an RBQ remove the bottom RH drawer from the cabinet and (below it) observe the mechanicals bundle as you move the side fully out and fully in. Warning. not a pretty picture. The unseen false floor the stuff slides on is covered with vinyl flooring which has not aged well. It has buckled and peeled and large chunks of it were caught up in the mechanicals bundle exacerbating the problem and making a crunching sound which prompted my investigation. This is easily remedied with a slide made of an old anti-freeze jug cut to size to cover the corner of the false floor and provide a better surface on which to slide and also a ramp to get the bundle up over the edge of the false floor.

Looking at the mess of the design this must have been the first RBQ this crew built because the routings and mountings of the various hoses, tubes and wires could not be a bigger mess. And, a mounting bracket/guide for one of the aquahot lines was never attached and just hanging in space further tangling the mess.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2018, 10:24 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
I hope your back at Wilderness to deal with this! See you soon, joe
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:57 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Yes Al, there doesn’t seem to be much pride in this behind the scenes plumbing and wiring. Just get it from point A to B no matter what could damage it in the future. Kind of scary when you look behind these panels.
Richard
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
I hope your back at Wilderness to deal with this! See you soon, joe

We would be on the way if it were not for winter storm Diablo. We need to run across I-40 thru Asheville and stop in Columbia, SC for a few days. I'm giving them a few days to clean up the mess on 40 before venturing thru there.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman 2 View Post
Yes Al, there doesn’t seem to be much pride in this behind the scenes plumbing and wiring. Just get it from point A to B no matter what could damage it in the future. Kind of scary when you look behind these panels.
Richard
The routing is so bad i cannot believe anyone even looked at the carnage after installing the slide, plumbing and wiring it. The first time it was run in it had to crush the gray water line. It is stretched tighter than a banjo string when the slide is in. And for no reason. A little more length and it would be fine...or just some finese in routing and tiewrapping. I trimmed the offending edge of the slide cabinet base and improved the situation tremendously but the kink is impossible to fix.

Tags
plumbing, water