Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2021, 05:59 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Half bath Tecma toilet wall switch (buttons)

Has anyone here replaced the wall buttons for the Tecma toilet in the half bath?

Ours broke from the mounting bracket and needs to be replaced. Specifically, I'm wondering if the wire that goes into the wall behind it has a detachable plug for replacement. I pulled it out about a foot or two, but didn't want to pull it out more because I'm concerned I may make the issue worse.

Thanks for you help.

Ken

KennyGolub is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2021, 06:17 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I replaced ours in the full bath on our 44R. I had to pull toilet to disconnect wire from macerator motor. I would recommend tying a pull string or piece of wire to the toilet side and pull the wires up through the wall. Then tie the wire or pull string to the new electrical lead and pull it back from the top. The screws on the toilet are behind the little white caps on the bottom two sides of toilet. The toilet should pull out just enough so you can get to the wire connection.
2019 Club Car Onward
Hurleys RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:19 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurleys RV View Post
I replaced ours in the full bath on our 44R. I had to pull toilet to disconnect wire from macerator motor. I would recommend tying a pull string or piece of wire to the toilet side and pull the wires up through the wall. Then tie the wire or pull string to the new electrical lead and pull it back from the top. The screws on the toilet are behind the little white caps on the bottom two sides of toilet. The toilet should pull out just enough so you can get to the wire connection.
Thank you. That's what I was guessing, but hoping I wouldn't need to pull the bowl out.

Can I ask where you purchased the switch/panel from ?

Old 08-01-2021, 06:27 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Thank you. That's what I was guessing, but hoping I wouldn't need to pull the bowl out.

Can I ask where you purchased the switch/panel from ?

I received my switch under warranty, but I would assume it should be an easy part to search for if you don't want to go through Entegra. I have seen some that have epoxied the little screw back in to the control panel with some success. Might be worth a shot to save a few bucks.
2019 Club Car Onward
Hurleys RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 06:33 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurleys RV View Post
I received my switch under warranty, but I would assume it should be an easy part to search for if you don't want to go through Entegra. I have seen some that have epoxied the little screw back in to the control panel with some success. Might be worth a shot to save a few bucks.
Thanks again for the reply. Yes, I am trying gorilla glue right now. I'm just getting my ducks in a row if this doesn't work.
I'm also going to see if I can make some type of clamp to hold it.

Ken

Old 08-01-2021, 08:36 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Just carefully cut the old wire where it’s convenient and splice the new panel to them. Kill the 12 volt supply first and either solder+shrink wrap the splice or use a quality butt splice connector to avoid future loose connection intermittent problems.
Archer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 02:17 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer2 View Post
Just carefully cut the old wire where itís convenient and splice the new panel to them. Kill the 12 volt supply first and either solder+shrink wrap the splice or use a quality butt splice connector to avoid future loose connection intermittent problems.
Yes - used this fix process 2 years ago on our full-bath unit, and has worked perfectly since then.

BG
BobG88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecm, switch, tecma, toilet