Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2019, 05:23 PM   #1

Has anyone replaced the driver and pass seats in their coach?

Hey all -- I'm new to this forum. We have a 2015 Aspire RBQ. We want to upgrade the driver and passenger seats in the coach. Has anyone done this and if so, where did you look for your upgrade? We've evaluated the Flexsteel seats on their website, but want to do more than look online. We thought to go to an Entegra dealer and look at new coach seats to see if those could work in our coach. I did find out, in my research, you have to be very sure the seat is made to work for your coach or you could have issues if you ever have an insurance claim. We want a bit more comfort and we want more reliability on functions. We are probably crazy, but doing this would make us love our coach even more. Your input is much appreciated.
mrcunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2019, 05:30 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
I'm not sure what's going on in your 2015 Aspire, but I've walked the lot at MHSRV and sat in everything on the lot. This included a Realm they had on the lot. I wouldn't trade any of them for the seats in my 2012 Aspire. Some of the rigs sure, but on the driver and passenger seat alone, no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcunningham View Post
Hey all -- I'm new to this forum. We have a 2015 Aspire RBQ. We want to upgrade the driver and passenger seats in the coach. Has anyone done this and if so, where did you look for your upgrade? We've evaluated the Flexsteel seats on their website, but want to do more than look online. We thought to go to an Entegra dealer and look at new coach seats to see if those could work in our coach. I did find out, in my research, you have to be very sure the seat is made to work for your coach or you could have issues if you ever have an insurance claim. We want a bit more comfort and we want more reliability on functions. We are probably crazy, but doing this would make us love our coach even more. Your input is much appreciated.
coachmanrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:44 PM   #3

On our previous SOB coach we replaced both.

We went to Bradd and Hall in Elkhart

https://www.braddandhall.com/productcart/pc/home.asp

They had a nice size showroom with maybe 10-15 different style of captain chairs. I spent probably an hour finding a chair that worked for my back.

Steve
Old 11-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by photraveller View Post
On our previous SOB coach we replaced both.

We went to Bradd and Hall in Elkhart

https://www.braddandhall.com/productcart/pc/home.asp

They had a nice size showroom with maybe 10-15 different style of captain chairs. I spent probably an hour finding a chair that worked for my back.

Steve
So which model did you end up with? These things in this '14 Anthem are killing my back. Two hours is all I can take.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:34 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
We did with the new 2020 seats
Made by Villa. What a difference as they are amazing. Reach out to Robert at Villa.

(562) 404-8111. Tell him
Phil Nail sent you. They are heated, cooled, lumbar, massage and so comfortable amazing
Old 11-26-2019, 10:34 PM   #6

Just a year before purchasing my 2015 Aspire I had replaced the driver and passenger seats in my Monaco. I used Villa International seats that I custom ordered from the factory in California.
If you go to the Villa website you can price out your ideal seat. Then call and order so you know exactly what you're getting. Those seats were head and shoulders above the flexsteel we have now in every way! We really loved the heat/cooling feature and don't have one complaint at all!

Not cheap but worth the money!

John
jmorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:02 AM   #7

Last year after the Home Coming, we went to a place near Goshen that did RV remodeling. It was just a few blocks from where the Entegra paint shop is. They had some different seats there on display. I believe their quote for a VERY good seat was $1200 each.

If we decide to keep our 2015 Aspire, we'll have to replace the seats too. They're just too soft and offer no lumbar support at all. Right now we each have back supports that I bought at a specialty store for back ailments. Neither one of us has ever suffered from back issues in the past.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:57 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Massage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnail View Post
Made by Villa. What a difference as they are amazing. Reach out to Robert at Villa.

(562) 404-8111. Tell him
Phil Nail sent you. They are heated, cooled, lumbar, massage and so comfortable amazing
I have a 2020 CS and no massage in the seats - am I missing something or just misunderstood your message?
Old 11-27-2019, 10:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnail View Post

(562) 404-8111. Tell him
Yep, love the new 2020 seats, much better than our 2017.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:31 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46490 View Post
I have a 2020 CS and no massage in the seats - am I missing something or just misunderstood your message?
My 2020 seats have massage ever time my wife gets up.😀😀
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:55 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
We found a local upholsterer that is going to replace the "leather" with an incredible "leather". He is also going to take the logo from the top of the seat and add it to the new seat. All of this for $1200.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 07:12 PM   #12

I also find my drivers seat uncomfortable, it seems to be off-center (slightly to the right) from the steering wheel. To wear comfortable flat soled footwear I find that I need to use the ball of my foot, wth the heel raised when not using cruise control, I am 5'9" but pulling the seat fully forward and extending the pedals I still find that I am "working" to drive.
I feel as though I am sitting 'on" the seat instead of "in" the seat. As a CMV Driver I feel most comfortable in an air-ride adjustable Captain's chair that does not feel like a Lazy-Boy recliner. Many of the higher end, 1-2 million dollar Coaches i.e. Prevost/Newell etc. are equipped with long haul type air-ride seating that is representative of their original purpose in cross country commercial bus transportation.
Granted, our Coaches are meant to have a more "residential" feel to them when parked, but I would like to upgrade my area of expertise .... the Driver's seat, to a more commercial type in the future.
2017 Cornerstone 45B - FMCA-#489135
2012 Scion XB - Pushing hard
jrugarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:33 PM   #13

What about checking out a Freightliner shop. Had some chassis work done and was looking through their shop and they had a display of captains chairs that you could try, not just look at pictures.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
So which model did you end up with? These things in this '14 Anthem are killing my back. Two hours is all I can take.
Its been too many years and I gave all that information to the new owner. Pretty sure it was one of the better flexsteel models.

Seats are a lot like mattresses. Best to be tried out. I have no problem with our 2017 Aspire seats, and my back can seize up in 10 minutes in a seat it doesnt like.

Steve
photraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, driver, entegra, replace, seats, upgrade