Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2020, 09:46 AM   #1

Heads and Slides and Such

Just a quick note to thank those that share solutions on this forum. Some time ago, I followed the advice to keep several spare 4 amp/250V glass slow blow fuses for our2015 Anthem 44B mid ship head. Went out yesterday while camping for holiday weekend. Best advice ever to keep several of those fuses onboard and followed the forum advice. Removed fuse, powered down 12V system at door, re-installed good fuse and head started working as advertised! Blew because we overfilled head to fill black tank after dump. (dumb).

Also this trip, front drivers slide side became inop...went halfway out and stopped. It did come back in but would not move after that. Switched good slide leads at Alta Box in outside compartment under drivers seat and still did not work using good slide buttons.

Checked out the multiplex panel using the input slot in midship fuse panel in bath and all multiplex panel switches tested OK. Then ran 12V direct line to motor and tried that but motor still inop...so looking like I have a bad slide motor. Looks like I will replace that as that is a spare I do not have (another lesson learrned).

Understand all 2015 Anthem slides use same motor and Entegra parts has them in stock. Made by Klauber Motor and P/N is K01431B300 (Jayco P/N is 0211550. Price is $426.55. Decided not to extend slide manually or swap motor with bedroom slide....not critical for this short trip.
Again - thank all the experts on this forum who share their advice and knowledge. It is very much appreciated!
rhartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2020, 01:02 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhartley View Post
Just a quick note to thank those that share solutions on this forum. Some time ago, I followed the advice to keep several spare 4 amp/250V glass slow blow fuses for our2015 Anthem 44B mid ship head. Went out yesterday while camping for holiday weekend. Best advice ever to keep several of those fuses onboard and followed the forum advice. Removed fuse, powered down 12V system at door, re-installed good fuse and head started working as advertised! Blew because we overfilled head to fill black tank after dump. (dumb).

Also this trip, front drivers slide side became inop...went halfway out and stopped. It did come back in but would not move after that. Switched good slide leads at Alta Box in outside compartment under drivers seat and still did not work using good slide buttons.

Checked out the multiplex panel using the input slot in midship fuse panel in bath and all multiplex panel switches tested OK. Then ran 12V direct line to motor and tried that but motor still inop...so looking like I have a bad slide motor. Looks like I will replace that as that is a spare I do not have (another lesson learrned).

Understand all 2015 Anthem slides use same motor and Entegra parts has them in stock. Made by Klauber Motor and P/N is K01431B300 (Jayco P/N is 0211550. Price is $426.55. Decided not to extend slide manually or swap motor with bedroom slide....not critical for this short trip.
Again - thank all the experts on this forum who share their advice and knowledge. It is very much appreciated!
MHSRV in Texas has that motor for less than $300.
Just replaced the neighbors.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:35 AM   #3

I have been waiting on that exact motor from Entegra parts for almost 3 weeks. They claimed no stock and they were waiting on factory. Does the MHS motor come with the drive gear box attached?
DavidH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:52 AM   #4

Its pretty clear that if needing spare parts, if you have the model and manufacturer information, you can often save a good deal of money by finding and purchasing that item at some other location. A recent example.... I priced a spare MCD Black Pearl shade motor just to have in the coach in case needed, and it was priced a $200 from Middlebury.... then saw some owners on here say they got the same motor at eBay for $50, so thought I would give that a try.

Great service and I think the price was actually ~ $60 to buy and ship a single Black Pearl motor to my location.... but if I bought 3, it would be $50 each including shipping.... Im hoping that even this one shade motor rides in the basement many many miles before I need to use it, so bought only one.

The old saying.... "it pays to shop". I also saved $2,500 this year by shopping insurance on 2 houses, and 2 cars. Well worth a couple of hours on the phone.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH2 View Post
I have been waiting on that exact motor from Entegra parts for almost 3 weeks. They claimed no stock and they were waiting on factory. Does the MHS motor come with the drive gear box attached?
Yes, complete assembly. However, if the motor you want is for your big slide the PN is K01431B500. The big slide requires more torque and the 300 won’t work.
The 500 motor may cost more. The one I replaced was the 300.
Rollin101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:30 PM   #6

Thanks all for the advice. Appreciate the feedback.

Tags
slide