Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2022, 11:51 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Heater Hose to Aqua Hot - STUCK ON I40

On the road with friends that have a 2018 Anthem. Lost engine coolant. Leaking out of Aqua Hot bay. Entegra says we can shut off valves to isolate Aqua Hot. Anyone know where these valves are. We can not find them
2012 JEEP Liberty 4WD,Demco Dominator, AF1
GW4607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2022, 12:34 PM   #2
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Look under the coach on the drivers side rear where the motor and transmission connect. The valves will be in that area possibly in the frame rails. Should be ball valves.
Collision Repair & Paint Restoration

SM Nashville 972-697-6325
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 12:40 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Here is one photo to give you and idea. There will be tow shut off valves.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 12:54 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks I have found 1 cant locate the second.
Old 05-25-2022, 01:16 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Ok we found the second. It was up behind alternator. Now when the DWs get back from Wal Mart with the Final Charge we should be good to go.

Thanks to all who responded. You guys are the best.
Old 05-25-2022, 02:25 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW4607 View Post
Ok we found the second. It was up behind alternator. Now when the DWs get back from Wal Mart with the Final Charge we should be good to go.

Great to hear that you stopped the leak and good that your DW's are retrieving some Final Charge. It's absolutely preferable to refill with te Final Charge...however...always remember that if circumstances demand (unsafe to be stopped wherever you are), you have up to 100 gallons of a substitute coolant. Although there are some consequences of using fresh water to refill your lost coolant, that will enable you to get moving in very short order. Of course, you'll need to flush your system at your earliest convenience and refill with proper coolant.

I do recall a thread describing someone being stuck somewhere on the side of a very busy interstate highway for hours (way after dark) waiting for a tow. Simply filling the coolant system with water from their fresh water tank would likely have been preferable to a long wait and tow.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-25-2022, 04:23 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good info. Thanks for the picture Chuck. And the good advice Stu. I travel with a gallon of final charge but it is wise to not forget that we have water if the situation warrants it.
Sold 2017 Entegra Cornerstone B
RVFunlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 07:58 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GW4607 View Post

When you get around to fixing the leak at the back of the Aquahot the problem is most likely the plastic couplers (2 of them) on the lines coming from the engine. I would replace the plastic couplers with brass or steel. Need to measure the inside diameter of what you have to get the right size.

In the picture the couplers are behind numbers 2 and 3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1AC83547-C142-4C6C-B790-7236D5E23459.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	366616  

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:02 AM   #9

Gary, there may be more than two shut-off valves. I say that because there are two coolant loops - one that runs to the Aqua-Hot & back to the engine, and a second loop that runs to the dash heater core & back to the engine. And I believe each loop has a shut off valve near where it originates and near where it ends.

Just mentioning this in case you're still seeing a leak when you refill the cooling system.
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45B
LWBAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 09:10 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757driver View Post
When you get around to fixing the leak at the back of the Aquahot the problem is most likely the plastic couplers (2 of them) on the lines coming from the engine. I would replace the plastic couplers with brass or steel. Need to measure the inside diameter of what you have to get the right size.
Don, that's a great suggestion. I can't even begin to imagine the contortion necessary to reach those fittings. That's certainly a job that you'd only want to do once.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-27-2022, 06:36 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Mine broke last summer. It was easy to fix as the plastic fitting in the back of the aquahot broke. After the cleanup in the bay was done and valves shut off there has been no more issues.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Don, that's a great suggestion. I can't even begin to imagine the contortion necessary to reach those fittings. That's certainly a job that you'd only want to do once.

Take care,
Stu

Try coming in from the back side. Clear out the storage bay from the passenger side and climb in. I had a water leak from back of Aquahot and that is how I fixed it
Old 05-27-2022, 12:57 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsayler View Post
Try coming in from the back side. Clear out the storage bay from the passenger side and climb in. I had a water leak from back of Aquahot and that is how I fixed it
Thanks for the suggestion, Van. I was thinking (I know, a dangerous proposition) that there was a partition behind the AquaHot. We're about to depart for three months in the coach, I'll have an opportunity to refresh my memory of accessibility to the back side of the AquaHot.

Take care,
Stu
Old 05-28-2022, 06:20 PM   #14

Safety wire the clamps together

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, Van. I was thinking (I know, a dangerous proposition) that there was a partition behind the AquaHot. We're about to depart for three months in the coach, I'll have an opportunity to refresh my memory of accessibility to the back side of the AquaHot.

Take care,
Stu

There is a bit of a partition but it easily detaches with a few screws for easy access to the back side.

When replacing the plastic couplings with copper or brass it is obviously a good idea to use the spring loaded screw clamps to maintain constant pressure on the hose. Some coaches had those from the factory but it seems they ran out when ours was built. I've replaced the plain OEM screw clamps with the spring loaded ones.

Back when the 650 ISX came on the market there was a number of cases of those heater hose lines blowing off at those very couplings. I think Entegra did not account for the increased water pump flow for the ISX. I think the fix was extra clamps??

In any case any time a coupler like that is used it is a good idea to safety wire the two clamps nearest the joint together with a loop of safety wire either around the screws or trap the wire under the clamp band then twist the center together to prevent the clamps from pushing off the coupler. The safety wire prevents the clamps from moving apart so no way can the hoses blow off. You can also do this with a thin strip of steel or aluminum trapped under the clamp bands and then bent over towards the center to keep the clamps from moving apart.

The plastic connectors have been a problem so I hope the plastic of the aquahot parts and pump fittings is better material.....????

Tags
aqua hot, heat, heater, hose