Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #1

HELP!

I have been here awhile and also at the Tiffin site. Well no more Tiffin site as we are getting a 2015 Anthem 42 RBQ, GoldMist exterior, Galaxy interior with Tuscan Cherry Cabinets.

My wife and I have never had a Class A MH. We have a RoadTrek 190 Popular.

I am flying to Pharr RV in LubBock, TX to pick up the coach this week. HELP!

When I show up at the dealer, what should I expect?

I did download the PDI check list from this site. That looks like it will be very helpful.

I know I will not remember half of the stuff when we do the walk through.

I have never driven a Class A MH. How am I going to get home.

Warning stay off all highways from Lubbock, TX to Las Vegas, NV next week.

Kidding, I have hired Gary Lewis of RV Basic Training out of Hemet, CA, very nice gentlemen. I have heard many possitive things about his RV driver training. He is meeting me at the dealer.

I will also call Entegra tomorrow and see if I can get a full contact list of customer service people associated with Entegra.
Any suggestions on this list?
I would also keep this list for future reference and needs.

I don't mind telling I am a little nervous and very excited. This site has helped a lot and I look forward to all of your input. I will try to contribute to this forum as I learn more and experience the enjoyment of owning an Entegra.

Steve and Sharon
2015 Anthem 42 RBQ
Las Vegas, NV
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #2

Don't be nervous - be excited, in a good way. There are plenty of threads here, Entegra and otherwise about your PDI. You'll never get it all.

Pharr RV is just a couple of miles down the interstate from the airport.

There is a fine KOA just a few miles away from Pharr RV. Consider spending a night or two there to test the systems out and see if anything unexpected pops up.

Congratulations!

No need to call Entegra for a list of contact numbers. It will all be included in a thick valise full of documentation.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:08 PM   #3

Steve and Sharon,

Congratulations!!! I just went through this last week. Make sure you take your time with the person explaining everything. Make sure that you turn on all the lights including the headlights to ensure that they are working....one of our headlights did not...we found out on the way home....at night. Which brings me to another suggestion....stay the night if you can. When you leave....take your time and get used to the drive....will not take long and you will be cruising with confidence.

I wish you all the best and most importantly...have fun!!!!

Russ
rcarriere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #4

Take lots of notes and video as they explain things. Get a "Truckers Atlas" for your trip home (for bridge height and weight limits) and watch out for your tail swing. Also seek out pull thru's at the campgrounds until you get a handle of backing up. Also check the following link to see if you need to pick up any equipment for the RV before you head back home such as a water regulator or a 50 to 30 amp pigtail.

Outfitting Your New RV

Have a safe trip home with your new toy!
cavedvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 07:52 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Worst part of the trip back to Vegas will be I40 between Flagstaff and Williams...Mouth/toothgard appropriate
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 08:51 PM   #6

I bought my Anthem from Pharr. They do go a little fast during the delivery. Ask questions. You might want to spend a night or two in Lubbock to get familiar with the coach. You will be close if you don't understand how something works or if you need something corrected.

On your return trip to Vegas you can take US 84 from Lubbock and follow it to I 40 at Santa Rosa, NM. I Agree with a previous post that I 40 from Williams to Kingman is a little rough. Will be making the trip to Vegas on the 22nd.

Welcome to the Entegra family and best wishes with your new coach.
thatcher-227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:32 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Congratulations Steve and Sharon, embrace the excitement and don't worry about driving. You are doing the right thing with hiring an instructor, he will make a huge difference.

I agree with the suggestion to remain at the dealer for a couple of days to become familiar with all aspects of your coach. We like having our GPS displayed on the front overhead TV, makes it easy to monitor. Be sure to ask questions and become familiar with all the functions the coach thermostat controls, and all about the aqua hot system, the PROPER Entegra sequence of slide extension/retraction, always triple check all your jacks are up along with ensuring ride height has come up, don't open your entry door with the parking brake engaged are just a few biggies I can think of.

Good luck
oneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:20 AM   #8

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Happy for you wish you many miles of fun remember it's the journey not the destination!
Pharr are really good people when we bought ours in July this year they put us up over night in a near by camp ground.
We did have to go by the next morning for questions,tell Jackie, Jerry and all the guys hi,but most of all Enjoy !

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Big Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:25 AM   #9

Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You can also u tube Entegra checklist and go thru just about every item on the coach with Entegra people on video ,
Really pretty cool and watch as many times as you want to sure helps during PDI.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Big Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:30 AM   #10

Hi Steve and Sharon,

- Congratulations on your new coach! Welcome to the Entegra family!

- In addition to the many, many things you will be thinking about with your new coach I encourage you to open your electric powered awnings only when you are in the immediate area and to close the awnings during rain, at night, and in windy conditions.

Stan
Stan Boddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
D333RLT Tower

Texas Boomers Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
Don't be nervous - be excited, in a good way. There are plenty of threads here, Entegra and otherwise about your PDI. You'll never get it all.

Pharr RV is just a couple of miles down the interstate from the airport.

There is a fine KOA just a few miles away from Pharr RV. Consider spending a night or two there to test the systems out and see if anything unexpected pops up.

Congratulations!

No need to call Entegra for a list of contact numbers. It will all be included in a thick valise full of documentation.
Also consider Lubbock RV Park. It's right off I-27 just south of airport. I found KOA to be a bit tight the time we stayed there. JMHO, though.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlovitt View Post
Also consider Lubbock RV Park. It's right off I-27 just south of airport. I found KOA to be a bit tight the time we stayed there. JMHO, though.
Good point - thanks for the tip. I'm going up for the Tech vs Oklahoma game next month, think we'll try it out.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:46 PM   #13

Thanks all for the replies and input. My DW and I appreciate the encouragement you give us. Will post our adventures and learning lessons.

Steve & Sharon & Mango
Good To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:44 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Welcome to the family. I think you'll be real pleased with Pharr, family business in business for many years. Lubbock RV Park is just up the road but I think you can also stay right there at Pharr.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote