Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2017, 06:11 PM   #15

Wow $200K? That’s fantastic!! There is a man who knows how to start the new year off right. I paid $200K for our 2012 40’ phaeton. I love that color. Congratulations!!
swberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2017, 06:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
Sweet! I was going to suggest new batteries. There's room for 4 in there. If you have the extra scratch, install the extra 2.

Congrats!
the group of batteries is only as Good as the worst battery in that group
turbo24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:19 PM   #17

Congrats! Great way to end 2017 and Happy New Year

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 11:20 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Wow.. super surprised to hear that deal at Paul everetts... this dealer is the king of games .. I have been hear several times...
... thanks for posting
A good reminder of how much mark up is really in these coaches..
One sells at 289,000 , 253,000 and the same coach elsewhere for 200,000 ... and they still made money...wow... what a industry this is.. we gotta hammer these dealers more...
Good job, that's a score..
They told me they were losing money but needed to get rid of the inventory in 2017. This particular coach has been in their inventory for a long time, and it showed. Broken passenger seat belt, broken kitchen faucet, no front shade on DS. However they said they'd fix everything before I sign the final paperwork. I'm optimistic at this point.
GeezerViz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:02 AM   #19

Congratulations! You got quite a buy.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:14 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
If it’s not too late negotiate new batteries. Paul Everett’s does not plug those coaches in and they routinely run the batteries dead which destroys them.
Old 01-01-2018, 12:14 AM   #21

Foretravel Owners Club
WOW !
Which sales location???
BTW... go over it real carefully, & make sure that they didn't "scavenge" any more parts for other coaches.
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 05:02 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAscubaDude View Post
They told me they were losing money but needed to get rid of the inventory in 2017. This particular coach has been in their inventory for a long time, and it showed. Broken passenger seat belt, broken kitchen faucet, no front shade on DS. However they said they'd fix everything before I sign the final paperwork. I'm optimistic at this point.
Make sure they do and do not sign a single thing until you are absolutely satisfied. Once you take possession it the board up with questions, especially me. I owned one for a year and know it pretty well
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:04 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
WOW !
Which sales location???
BTW... go over it real carefully, & make sure that they didn't "scavenge" any more parts for other coaches.
Coburg Oregon.
Old 01-01-2018, 07:08 AM   #24

Quote:
Believe me, they don't stay in business by selling coaches for less than they have into them. Somewhere, somehow, it is to their $$$ benefit to sell the coach to you for that price. Take advantage of it. Don't let them "pad" the deal now that you have an agreement.

On the batteries, even if you didn't specifically negotiate it, have them properly load tested. If they are marginal (and they probably are since the coach is a "new" 2017, and probably hasn't been taken care of properly, broken faucet etc gives you an idea of the care they took to keep it maintained at their lot. Have them replace them, or better yet, credit you for the price of replacements. Then you can install FOUR new ones, all of the same make/age.

Don't let them sell you on $$$$ "documentation fees" and other dealer pure profit rip offs.

Please keep us advised of your progress!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:43 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Believe me, they don't stay in business by selling coaches for less than they have into them. Somewhere, somehow, it is to their $$$ benefit to sell the coach to you for that price. Take advantage of it. Don't let them "pad" the deal now that you have an agreement.

On the batteries, even if you didn't specifically negotiate it, have them properly load tested. If they are marginal (and they probably are since the coach is a "new" 2017, and probably hasn't been taken care of properly, broken faucet etc gives you an idea of the care they took to keep it maintained at their lot. Have them replace them, or better yet, credit you for the price of replacements. Then you can install FOUR new ones, all of the same make/age.

Don't let them sell you on $$$$ "documentation fees" and other dealer pure profit rip offs.

Please keep us advised of your progress!
For the price I paid, they are not willing to do anything with the batteries on their dime, which I agreed to. They said I could buy 2 extra batteries at their cost, for a total of 4 batteries. I am a total noob when it comes to battery maintenance. Can you please explain to me (like I am in 8th grade) what a load test consists of and what should I see to be satisfied the batteries are in good shape.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:53 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
For the price I paid, they are not willing to do anything with the batteries on their dime, which I agreed to. They said I could buy 2 extra batteries at their cost, for a total of 4 batteries. I am a total noob when it comes to battery maintenance. Can you please explain to me (like I am in 8th grade) what a load test consists of and what should I see to be satisfied the batteries are in good shape.
Theoretically if this is a new coach the batteries should be under warranty.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #27

Good morning and congratulations on you new coach Wascubadude; I am in Auburn and see that you are from Spanaway, did you have to go to Coburg to see the coach or was it at Milton or Fife? I have a Monaco so I don't have lots of details about the Entegra, but have looked at them many times when at Beaver Coach Sales in Bend,Or. They are nice coaches, just too long for me. I have looked at coaches at Paul Everetts many times and have always had the feeling that they were way overpriced on the web site for coaches. You have done very well. As others have stated, make sure all items are to your satisfaction before signing final paper work. From what I hear, if you need good service or warranty work I would make a trip to Bend. Have a great parts dept. and from what I hear a great service dept. Don't hesitate to give them a call with your questions if you don't get satisfactory answers from the selling dealer. When you get the coach in your possession, enjoy. Happy New Year!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:42 AM   #28

If they won't replace the batts under warranty, then I would just head to Costco and pick up 6x 6v GC2 batteries, you said there was room for six, right? More the better. All batteries should be the same age and type, if not, the weak one drags down the good ones. You're better off w/ new batts.

I'd like to talk tires: I could use a set of 295/80R 22.5 as my Goodyears are now 7 years old. Don't know who you have in mind for tires, but the RV guy at Les Schawb in Junction City knows RV tires. Let me know (pm) if you want to get rid of your take-offs.

New rig, New Year !! Whoopee!
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote