Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2022, 08:47 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
HELP!!! Bedroom Slide Won't Move

We have been stuck at the Creek Fire RV Ranch in Savannah, GA since Saturday. Our bedroom slide won't retract...in fact it won't move in or out.

We have been working with Entegra and a local service tech and have isolated a part that could be the culprit. However, it won't be available until early April.

Entegra is researching a backup method to retract the slide. Has anyone out there every used a backup method to move a Reatta XL40 bedroom slide?
Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2022, 08:52 AM   #2

It doesn’t have a hand crank device to manually move/crank the slide in?

If not, WOW!
Old 03-23-2022, 10:25 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMark52 View Post
It doesn’t have a hand crank device to manually move/crank the slide in?

If not, WOW!
No, there is no hand crank.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:27 AM   #4

If that's a schwintek room there is a controller under the bed. You can read on the cover how to put it into bypass. Press button until you lights flashing. If the motors aren't bound up, it will allow you use the switch. If they are in a bind, mobile tech will need to pop both motors out if the wall and manually push in room. Will then need to support room from moving with 2x4's.
Bobby Dowdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:42 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Two ideas: Do not have the same model but do have a '17 Entegra Cornerstone with Vega Touch so hopefully similar system. Had exact same thing on my living room slide. There was a control module that has channels for each of the slides. First check to see if there are very tiny micro switch push buttons on the controller to override the system. That may work. Eliminated the need for someone inside to operate the system and also eliminates any issues from there back to the user interface. That did not work for me because the channel on the the board failed. The wires that go to the motors were just spade connectors so I swapped the wires on the board from the retract channel to extend So when I pressed extend it actually sent power to retract the motor. The motors are DC so it essentially just reverses polarity to extend or retract. Hope that makes sense. As an alternative, bring in all of the slides which are working. Then change the wires from the slide channel that is not working to one that is and bring the slide in. Hopefully have a a similar system. Got me home. If this works for you, might want to check with Entegra to see if you have an electric brake on your slide and if not connected will the brake still work.

Also found this: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ent...lp-546955.html
Ohio44718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:15 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Had this happen on my gas rig. Followed Bobbys suggestion to remove the motors, push the side in, and I had slide locks I put in place to hold it in while driving. My procedure was:

IF This is a Schwintek system.
On the exterior of the coach, by the top of each side of the slide is a single square driver screw that removes that holds the motor in place. (not sure if yours is the same)

On the inside, access the the motors at the top of each end. One end of my slide had a wood interior board that had the be cut once the outer trim was removed to access that motor. The outer trim was held on by hand gun nails, so it gently pried off. Yours may have screws under round hole caps that can be removed.

Push in slide by hand once motors are out of the way. (mine was large, and easy to push at this point)

I re-installed the motors to hold the slide in place along with the slide locks. The 2 x 4 method to put between the slide and wall works too in order to get you going. Once you do it once, it is easy to do if you are traveling and do not want to interrupt your trip. Assume motor is bad. - I replaced it myself once received as I did not want to wait weeks to install one motor.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 12:10 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
What I have learned from Entegra Customer Service.
1. Two of the devises integral to the movement the bed and bedroom slide of a Reatta XL40 are located under the sheet of plywood the mattress lies on.

2. One of those devises is a flat magnetic switch fitted in a hole made for it in the cosmetic wood trim that runs the length of right side of the bed (see photo). I believe this switch has something to do with controlling the movement of the bed up and down more so than with the movement of the slide in and out. Remember the bed must be raised up before you can activate the slide. Apparently, this magnetic switch occasionally gets knocked out of alignment locking the movement of the bed up or down.

https://jrwilley.files.wordpress.com...size=438%2C438

3. The second device is the controller for the slide. It is a white module located in the cavity created by bench at the foot of the bed. There are 4-phillip head screws securing the padded bench seat to its frame. (See attached photo).

4. There are manual override/reset instructions on the face of the controller. According to the Roadside Tech who assisted us, the button referred to in the instructions is a small white button in and on the right side of the cavity the arrow is pointing to. Following the override instructions will repower the VegaTouch. There are also Extend and Retract buttons on the center front bottom of the controller. In our situation, the motors would disengage each time we pushed either the extend or retract button on the VegaTouch.

5. Entegra has since told me if I unplug the two motor cords I should be able to manually push the slide back in and afterward secure it by plugging the cords back in. Will let you know if it works when I get someone to help me push the damn thing.
Old 03-23-2022, 12:12 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Dowdle View Post
If that's a schwintek room there is a controller under the bed. You can read on the cover how to put it into bypass. Press button until you lights flashing. If the motors aren't bound up, it will allow you use the switch. If they are in a bind, mobile tech will need to pop both motors out if the wall and manually push in room. Will then need to support room from moving with 2x4's.
Ouch
Old 03-23-2022, 12:14 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoodofd View Post
Had this happen on my gas rig. Followed Bobbys suggestion to remove the motors, push the side in, and I had slide locks I put in place to hold it in while driving. My procedure was:

IF This is a Schwintek system.
On the exterior of the coach, by the top of each side of the slide is a single square driver screw that removes that holds the motor in place. (not sure if yours is the same)

On the inside, access the the motors at the top of each end. One end of my slide had a wood interior board that had the be cut once the outer trim was removed to access that motor. The outer trim was held on by hand gun nails, so it gently pried off. Yours may have screws under round hole caps that can be removed.

Push in slide by hand once motors are out of the way. (mine was large, and easy to push at this point)

I re-installed the motors to hold the slide in place along with the slide locks. The 2 x 4 method to put between the slide and wall works too in order to get you going. Once you do it once, it is easy to do if you are traveling and do not want to interrupt your trip. Assume motor is bad. - I replaced it myself once received as I did not want to wait weeks to install one motor.
I'm thinking if this is what needs to be done, I'm here for another night. Too much rain this afternoon and night to do that kind of work outside.

I want to thank everyone for their help and suggestions!
Old 03-23-2022, 01:57 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Here is a link to Lippert's Schwintek Manuel

https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...ting-Guide.pdf
Old 03-23-2022, 03:02 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-n-Doe View Post
Will let you know if it works when I get someone to help me push the damn thing.
Joe, I'm following your efforts out of curiosity as I 'm not, at all, familiar with the Schwintek system. However, I very much appreciate that you seem to be made of "the right stuff" to dive in to find a solution. I applaud your efforts.

Since I've already admitted ignorance, please value this suggestion for what you're paying for it (nothing). IF your solution ends up requiring manually pushing the slideout in, you may be able to raise one side of your coach using your leveling jacks to make that a little bit of a downhill push. I wouldn't get too aggressive with that method. Perhaps try it with a little out of level; if that doesn't work, maybe jack it up a bit more. I'm thinking the absolute worst case would be if you had it jacked far enough out of level that the slideout got away from you and slammed hard back in.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Old 03-23-2022, 03:50 PM   #12

Had the same issue with my bed slide once. On the ReattaXL bed slide the bed folds up to get out of the way for the opposing slides to come together. Under the bed towards the front is a magnet that allows a sensor to sense the bed being in the 'up' position. The steel side of the magnet In the bed frame had dropped down and was not making the sensor sense a closed position and would not allow the slide to operate. I got under the bed followed the wire (small black wire) to find the magnet and put a dab of silicone in the part of the magnet that had dropped. No issues since.

You reference the magnets in an earlier post but if they don't close the slide will not operate. so I would check both sides of that magnet set to make sure they have not moved.
jeff.herren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 05:33 PM   #13

Do you have a Remote control. If so it's worth a try
Old 03-23-2022, 05:36 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
Joe, I'm following your efforts out of curiosity as I 'm not, at all, familiar with the Schwintek system. However, I very much appreciate that you seem to be made of "the right stuff" to dive in to find a solution. I applaud your efforts.

Since I've already admitted ignorance, please value this suggestion for what you're paying for it (nothing). IF your solution ends up requiring manually pushing the slideout in, you may be able to raise one side of your coach using your leveling jacks to make that a little bit of a downhill push. I wouldn't get too aggressive with that method. Perhaps try it with a little out of level; if that doesn't work, maybe jack it up a bit more. I'm thinking the absolute worst case would be if you had it jacked far enough out of level that the slideout got away from you and slammed hard back in.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Great Idea Stu,,,,I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Tags
slide