RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #29
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NV
Posts: 2,227
Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Transfer Switch Issues.... HELP! TRY TAPPING THIS
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #30
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NV
Posts: 2,227
Generator/Transfer Switch question - Redwood RV Forums - Page 1
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #31
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NV
Posts: 2,227
ONE OF THOSE threads mentions there may be a double breaker on the GENERATOR itself too.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #32
Junior Member
 
Alshamu1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 23
Turn your generator on and see if it all works. If it does, your campground 50 amp is not really 50 amp. Happens all the time.
Alshamu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:44 PM   #33
Community Administrator
 
CLIFFTALL's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 42,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alshamu1 View Post
Turn your generator on and see if it all works. If it does, your campground 50 amp is not really 50 amp. Happens all the time.
Go back a few posts. It's been done.
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #34
Member
 
CindyW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 49
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, tips and help - special thanks to Ray at Entegra. I am wearing a VERY BIG dunce hat. The electric meter for our site is not located on or near the power pole - it's about two or three sites down and across the street (Florida engineering). The breaker at the meter was flipped and I found that by tracing the lack of power back to where I finally found the meter/problem.

I have learned an invaluable lesson from owning this coach and I need to remember it - the problems are rarely as difficult as they seem, and the solution usually involves a button or switch!

Happy Weekend to all of you!
__________________
Marty & Cindy, Bentley & Royce (English Labradors)
2009 Entegra Anthem, 2013 Acura RDX
CindyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #35
Member
 
geno39's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Grand Island, Ne.
Posts: 77
Glad you found the problem. Happy Weekend to you also.
__________________
1968-1980 USN Seabees CE1
1980-2007 Chief Engineer/Electrician offshore drilling
Retired
geno39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #36
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyW View Post
Thanks to all of you for your suggestions, tips and help - special thanks to Ray at Entegra. I am wearing a VERY BIG dunce hat. The electric meter for our site is not located on or near the power pole - it's about two or three sites down and across the street (Florida engineering). The breaker at the meter was flipped and I found that by tracing the lack of power back to where I finally found the meter/problem.

I have learned an invaluable lesson from owning this coach and I need to remember it - the problems are rarely as difficult as they seem, and the solution usually involves a button or switch!

Happy Weekend to all of you!

Glad you are powered back up but why were you having issues with the generator running? If I understand this post everything should have been fine on gen power.

Jerry
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:14 AM   #37
Community Administrator
 
CLIFFTALL's Avatar


 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 42,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post

Glad you are powered back up but why were you having issues with the generator running? If I understand this post everything should have been fine on gen power.

Jerry
I agree. What's up with that ?
__________________


Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
electrical



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.