RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2019, 07:44 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Deucerod
Help Locate Entegra Spare Yellow Wires Tow Hitch Area

I am trying to locate the two un-terminated yellow spare wires, SP1033 and SP1035, that are supposed to extend from the dash area to the tow hitch area. I have located them at the dash, and they are clearly marked Spare 3 (SP1033) and Spare 5 (SP1035). One is large and one is small. No problems up front.

All accounts on this forum and on some prior to 2018 wiring schematics indicate that the other end of the wires should be just behind the tow plug. On my coach, they are not there. I am well experienced in this type of quest and have put in at least an hour at the back of this coach and have not found them. I have opened all the split looms in the rear of the engine compartment and the battery bay. I cannot find them.

So far, Spartan and Entegra have not been able to guide me to a solution.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue?
Deucerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2019, 11:45 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Attach a wire tracer to the wire up front and then use the tracer to locate it in the rear.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wire+tracer&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Best of luck!
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:55 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
They should be near the trailer plug. They might have looped the ends and taped them back to itself. I think one is a 10 gauge and the other 12.
If you are looking for a wire for the trailer brakes itís already in the trailer plug. If you are looking for a control wire from toad to indicate when the toad brakes are applied you could use the wire that is normally used for the trailer brakes. Itís already in the 7 pin trailer plug and terminates up where you found the two spare wires in the dash.
Gasman 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 01:58 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Beyond the usual 4 wires for lights, I need two wires on the dash to power and monitor the lube pump on my toad. I could use the blue brake wire for one but will still need an additional wire. Hence the search for the spare yellows.
Old 06-29-2019, 05:52 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You two guys need to get together:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/coac...es-450311.html
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:43 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deucerod View Post
Beyond the usual 4 wires for lights, I need two wires on the dash to power and monitor the lube pump on my toad. I could use the blue brake wire for one but will still need an additional wire. Hence the search for the spare yellows.

Deucerod,

The 7 pin RV plug on your coach provides everything you want to accomplish. In that 7 pin plug Spartan has provided a constant hot 12 volt circuit, it possible its only hot with ignition on.
You could use this circuit to power the lube pump and use the circuit used from trailer brakes to monitor the lube pump.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:48 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
You could use a 6 pin connector on the toad side. This method would save you having two electrical plugs to deal with. You didnít indicate a need to monitor the braking action on the toad so 6 circuits should to the job.
Old 06-30-2019, 10:15 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0b-U...Q#Caldwell,_OH
Old 06-30-2019, 11:27 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Deucerod 2, did you find the wires? I found the two up front and the 2 in the back where about 8" back from the plug protruding from the wire loom. Spartan Chassis.

Crazy we were looking for the same thing yesterday. Hope you have resolved your issue.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:39 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Gasman, thanks

Gasman, I can sense you are resourceful from your suggestions. Using the charge circuit will not work because it is always hot and the dash mounted monitor has to have the current pass thru the monitor. So, that was promising, but didn't work out. I have always used a 7 to 6 umbilical. I need a total of 6, and that works out fine. I have ordered a circuit tracer and will give that a try next week. For as much time I have invested in finding the spare yellows, I could have run a new wire.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:33 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Attach a wire tracer to the wire up front and then use the tracer to locate it in the rear.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=wire+tracer&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Best of luck!
cool i never knew that had such a thing, i wonder how close you have to be to find the wire, is it something like a giger counter thing? closer the louder?
N6CUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 08:38 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Perhaps I shouldnít post any more suggestions. But why not use the 10 gauge used for the electric brakes? That wire which is blue should be near the yellow wires you found in the dash and is terminated in the 7 pin RV plug.
There are few places you can find power for the monitor in the dash area. Power the monitor from this source and connect the connection that goes to the lube pump via the trailer brake wire.
I understand the need for monitor to have current pass thru it to monitor the current draw which indicates the lubes pump is working.
If you take the route you are indicating you will need to rework the 7 pin RV plug.
Sorry I probably should butt out.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:06 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The signal tracer I have has a sensitivity setting. Set it high and i found it has a range of 18” to 2”. Not tried it any further away. To narrow down the location and the wire, I turn down the sensitivity so I have to be closer. I’ve only used it for tracing pairs such as coaxial and Ethernet cable. I’ve not tried to trace a single wire, but it should work. Bought mine at Lowe’s.
Tom78418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by N6CUS View Post
cool i never knew that had such a thing, i wonder how close you have to be to find the wire, is it something like a giger counter thing? closer the louder?

Yes, the ones I have get louder the closer you get. It's also called a toner set in the telephone world. If you know a network or phone tech they probably have one.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, entegra, tow