Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #1

Help - Where is the air chuck?

I need to air up my tires and can't find it. usually they put them in the generator compartment or engine compartment. Couldn't find anything in the manual on it.
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-04-2014, 09:47 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
I need to air up my tires and can't find it. usually they put them in the generator compartment or engine compartment. Couldn't find anything in the manual on it.
I believe it is in the first forward PS compartment in the upper left.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #3

Found it. Thanks. On the 44B it's actually in the second PS compartment on the upper right. What an odd inconvenient place to put something like that. They did supply the male and female fittings with however so that is all good.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #4

If you're using the on board compressor to inflate tires, one of these works better than having another person pumping the brake pedal.

Old 05-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Dennis, can you buy this as a unit, or do you have to piece it together? Looks like something I should have. Thanks.

Dave
Old 05-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
Found it. Thanks. On the 44B it's actually in the second PS compartment on the upper right. What an odd inconvenient place to put something like that. They did supply the male and female fittings with however so that is all good.
I found duplicates of the fittings and then put the originals back. That way they are always there in case a tow driver needs access.
2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Avail, AF1
tnrzryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
Dennis, can you buy this as a unit, or do you have to piece it together? Looks like something I should have. Thanks.

Dave

Just head down to your friendly Home Depot, Lowes or Ace is the Place and pick out the fittings and gauge as shown in the video. They are all common brass fittings.
I have had one for about three years after seeing this video. I have an air compressor at home but carry this gizmo for those times on the road.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 05-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Can you out an inline regulator on it to blow out water lines or is it better to just use a portable compressor for that? I'm sure our water lines wouldn't stand up to 100 psi of air pressure!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
That is a GOOD idea to leave the factory extra fitting wire tied to the air fitting. Tom is correct, we had a tow truck driver than did not have the correct fitting in a blinding rain storm. Luckily my box of fittings was right on top and easy to find. My factory installed one is going to stay right where it is. Good idea Tom.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:07 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
Can you out an inline regulator on it to blow out water lines or is it better to just use a portable compressor for that? I'm sure our water lines wouldn't stand up to 100 psi of air pressure!
Likely simpler with a portable but, you could certainly buy a regulator and put a Male Quick connect fitting on the inlet side and a Female on the outlet side of the reg and just plug into the existing fitting. Then plug your hose into the Female side of the reg. Be sure to have your hose plugged in to the reg, or the reg turned all the way off when you connect it or you will get a major blast of air.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
I have never used the on-board air before to blow the water lines. I use a portable compressor that the air regulator is "known" to work and set the air at 35 PSI. I use the plastic blow out plug at Walmart in the RV section for a couple of bucks. Camco Blow-Out Plugs: ATV, Motorcycle, & RV Accessories : Walmart.com

I use a clamp on air chuck and while the compressor does it's thing I go around and blow all of the waterlines twice, hot, cold, hot cold and nothing but air comes out, no water spray of any kind. Same with the appliances both hot and cold cycles.
Tire Chuck with Lock-On Lever

I don't know about the aqua hot yet, that I still have to learn. It doesn't hurt to back up with antifreeze, I never have but I do pour it in the drains.

Good question if the on-board compressor can be regulated down to 35 PSI, I don't see why not.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Portable seems simpler. Also, I do to see a time I would need to do it away from home though I can run my pancake compressor from the coach's electrical.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #13

My drivers side front was 60 PSI. After working on it about a half an hour I got it up to 100 PSI. Then I gave up my legs started cramping. The sticker says 130 PSI for the front and 95 for the rears. Is 130 PSI doable from the on board compressor? Seems like it would take a long time if it were. Might have to do this is shifts.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Robert, make one of the tire gauges as shown in post #4 and you can fill your front tires with the engine compressor. The video explains how it works. I will also be putting one together, it does make it a lot easier.