Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #1

Help with lightning

Finally got to take the first trip in the Aspire ( I can't believe how easy it is to drive but that is for another thread) we pulled into Roswell, NM and the multiplex light switch in the vanity area is dead. Every light in the coach works except the ones only in this panel. Even the panel does not light up. All others do. Checked fuses inside the stool room and I don't see that are blown. I will call CS tomorrow but maybe one if you have "been there, done that".

Jerry
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Check the 120 volt plug in you bathroom and see if the GFI red button has kicked out. Push in to reset it. this might be your problem. Eddie Elk.
eddieelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieelk View Post
Check the 120 volt plug in you bathroom and see if the GFI red button has kicked out. Push in to reset it. this might be your problem. Eddie Elk.
No sir. What you are talking about is 120 volt A/C. What I'm talking about is 12 volt D/C. Almost every light in an RV is 12 volt D/C.

JJ
Old 09-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #4

No one has had this issue?

JJ
Old 09-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Light panel

Shadowbolt

I once happened to be working on my pocket door and noticed the wiring into the light panel was poorly done. The connectors were attached poorly and they used not so well applied electrical tape. I'm guessing the power or signal wire at the back of your panel is loose.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
Finally got to take the first trip in the Aspire ( I can't believe how easy it is to drive but that is for another thread) we pulled into Roswell, NM and the multiplex light switch in the vanity area is dead. Every light in the coach works except the ones only in this panel. Even the panel does not light up. All others do. Checked fuses inside the stool room and I don't see that are blown. I will call CS tomorrow but maybe one if you have "been there, done that".

Jerry
Like Hogdriver said, it sounds like perhaps a wire disconnected or pulled which would actually be good news! You might pull the panel off the wall just to see if the wires are still connected. There is very little that is actually repairable or replaceable on multiplex lighting. I had 1 set of lights(2) fail and they had to replace the whole panel that is in the bathroom, fuses and all!! The mechanic hated doing it because it was tedious. I also had to wait for them to order the panel.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #7

Quote:

Jerry
Hmm, Roswell....I'll just bet it's a "left over" alien messing with you!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Same thing here behind the sliding door. There is a socket for the lights which had come disconected. Our switches worked however.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #9

I pulled the switch plate off and all the wires are okay. I checked every fuse and found no blown ones. I was busy today but will call CSS tomorrow. I don't have a pocket door near this switch. It is on the outside wall of the shower/stool room.

I have a much larger issue that I will start another post about.

JJ
Old 09-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Almost every light in an RV is 12 volt D/C.
JJ
ShadowBolt

My RV, (as built by SMC in 1996), has 10 120VAC interior lights, (plus 14 12V).
Mel
'96 Safari Sahara
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel stuplich View Post
ShadowBolt

My RV, (as built by SMC in 1996), has 10 120VAC interior lights, (plus 14 12V).
Mel
'96 Safari Sahara
Great!
The only 120 volts light I have is the Microwave light.

JJ
Old 09-05-2013, 02:17 PM   #12

I checked the back of the switch plate and there was no power. I sent Joyce an e-mail and she came back asking me to look under the bed???
All the light switch wires go into a tap (under the bed). One of them was pulled half way out. There is a zip tie that is pulling on the tap. As soon as I pushed the connector in the light switch lit up. Everything works. That connector will not clip in but I will put a zip tie on it. We don't have anything under the bed so I assume it vibrated loose.
Thanks Joyce!

JJ
Old 09-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
ShadowBolt, nice to know if others ever run into the problem, where to look. These are things that are not in any owners manual. Thanks for the heads-up.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote