Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2016, 07:40 AM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
I looked at the recall list posted by Diesel Diva on the Newmar recalls then compared Entegra. I can see why salesmen are showing some kind of fuel line pictures...have you seen their safety recall list? Personally when people take cheap shots (no recall) to coverup up real recall issues does not show a lot class to me. Personally I don't care what people purchase, I have no ownership in either company. If others fall for a salesman con with out doing research, that is a problem they will have to live with.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2016, 07:44 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
yep...my incredulous buzzer in buzzing, and my sarcasm light is on and begging for my low value, incredibly unobjective viewpoints. I shall refrain and say...

I'm glad folks are having a good time at Hershey. it is a shame the traffic and grounds are so crowded. I agree that Tampa is bigger and better, but if you're from the NE, this is the second best show in the country. I thought the number last year was 51 Entegras and 3 Newmars ( a different vendor, but I may be thinking 2014, and that Newmar vendor was a "sluggo"), although the vendors are somewhat tightlipped about it, probably because sales fall through. In the end, it all seems to mean campgrounds are going to be harder to find and more expensive as this market stays very strong.
What? Is it that you don't like RV shows?
BUS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #31

Quote:
Yep...salesmen are so informative...like the American Coach salesman at the Tampa show who told me that they had gotten together privately with Entegra and worked with them on the areas where Entegras were coming up short...reeeeaaaallllly??????!!!!!!

Yes...blowouts do happen, about 1 coach in a thousand or less. When it does happen, unless you have the Tyron system, they usually do a lot of damage to the wheel well area...maybe the manufacturers of all coaches should build a tank against this low probability occurrence. I am not diminishing the impact; you know, the M-1A Abrams tank even has a vulnerability. And it weighs in at 70 tons!
Relax I was trying to answer Chucks questions since he has been so kind to answer so many of my questions. And I just happened to know what he was curious about. I am well aware of redundant safety systems we have several in airplanes. IMO I think it is a innovative safety feature and would bet money Entegra adds it to the line up shortly. Who knows it might already be in the works? When it was shown to me my thoughts were hmmmmmm that's cool I can see the benefit, but wouldn't even enter into my decision matrix.

I don't care what anyone buys, hell they can buy Cousin Eddies Winnebago from Christmas Vacation if it makes them happy and they enjoy their time in it, I am happy for them. Besides our time would be better spent arguing Tadd to make a 44R Cornerstone!
Flynryan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:38 AM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynryan15 View Post
Relax I was trying to answer Chucks questions since he has been so kind to answer so many of my questions. And I just happened to know what he was curious about.
Thanks for pointing that out. Heck I thought the poster was talking about a fuel line ready to wrap around the front wheel. I know I have never seen a fuel line in the wheel well. If he is talking about the fuel fill hose, OMG are we splitting hairs. Heck if I was that worried, I would never buy a MH.

Unless the tank had just been filled to the top, I could cut that hose with a knife and not loose any fuel once the tank was down an 1/8th of a tank.
Old 09-18-2016, 10:51 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
First, I wasn't tight...just the typical sarcasm. Second, Chuck captured what I was trying to be sarcastic about. I too don't care what people buy; but, I trust salespeople about as far as I can spit.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #34

Just remembered I was going to go look at the American coaches and completely spaced them out.

Anyway, Thursday when we went we arrived 30 minutes before the gate opened. Found a parking spot real close to the bridge and since I rarely carry cash I went looking for an ATM. Nothing around the bathrooms in the parking lot so we headed over the bridge to get in line. Had the wife hold a spot in line while I walked closer to the entrance looking for the ATM. A nice lady at the gate told me the only ATM was inside the Giant Center, she said give me your drivers license, go get your cash and come back and pay. Called the wife up and we scooted right passed several hundred people in line. So our day got off to a great start. LOL
Old 09-18-2016, 02:27 PM   #35

Quote:
First, I wasn't tight...just the typical sarcasm. Second, Chuck captured what I was trying to be sarcastic about. I too don't care what people buy; but, I trust salespeople about as far as I can spit.
Sorry I'm heavily medicated literally off my game usually I pick up on it. Was serious about 44r cornerstone though.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. Heck I thought the poster was talking about a fuel line ready to wrap around the front wheel. I know I have never seen a fuel line in the wheel well. If he is talking about the fuel fill hose, OMG are we splitting hairs. Heck if I was that worried, I would never buy a MH.

Unless the tank had just been filled to the top, I could cut that hose with a knife and not loose any fuel once the tank was down an 1/8th of a tank.
And it is not like deisel has a high flash point.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:54 PM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
T. Jenkins told me today that the total sales was 32.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 06:54 PM   #38

Was that 32 all Entegra's? Based on an earlier post that indicated RVOne sold a total of 111 does that mean Newmar sold 79 or I'm missing out some detail.

As they say this is all speculation and rumors at this point.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:03 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Was that 32 all Entegra's? Based on an earlier post that indicated RVOne sold a total of 111 does that mean Newmar sold 79 or I'm missing out some detail.
It must be the steel braided fuel filler hose.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:17 PM   #40
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Folks, several posts have been edited/removed for baiting & personal attacks. Please discuss the show, respectfully, as our Community Rules ask you to do.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent