Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2021, 06:50 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Jerry, while I’ve checked my temps, they have never given me a reading high enough to concern me. In all honesty, I don’t recall temps. I’m headed to AIM event at Swan Bay this coming Monday. It’s only forecasted to be in mid 70’s, but I’ll take a look and see what I get.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2021, 04:05 PM   #16

Tim
We just arrived here today at the AIM’s event.
Outside temp, 73, beer temp 32 F
Just incase you were interested
Thanks
Bob
MuggsnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:40 AM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It looks like alignment is the answer. One side of tire showing more wear. Disappointing since I had alignment checked at Spartan in June. Now Iím a long way from home and Josams.
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 08:46 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
It looks like alignment is the answer. One side of tire showing more wear. Disappointing since I had alignment checked at Spartan in June. Now I’m a long way from home and Josams.
JME, Spartan left my steering timing 180 degree out after aligning my front end. By the time I reached Columbia MO the outside edge of the tire was worn. Last place I will trust for an alignment. The computer printout from Perry Legends comparing Spartan was unreal.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 06:40 AM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
Jerry, I drove about 150 miles yesterday at about 68 mph. Temperature was about 78 degrees. I started with 85 lbs on all the rears. Left tag got to 97 psi and 115 degrees F. Right tag got to 98 psi and 117 degrees. As reported on the valid tpms.
Old 09-13-2021, 11:03 AM   #20

Whole different angle.... Maybe

Any possibility that you have brake shoes dragging more on one side than the other side and your tire temp problems are due to brake heating rotors which then heat tires and nothing to do with tire pressures????

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 04:18 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butte64 View Post
Tim, the pressures are close. The PS tag hits 101 and alarm goes off. The DS tag is about 99 at that point. ThThe big difference is the temp. The PS tag goes to max 104 and DS tag max 102. The big variance is in temp. The PS tag gets much hotter than DS tag or drive tires. It gets up to similar temp as steer tires.
What temp do you see on your tag and drive tires?
I notice that the tires that are on the side where the sun is shining will have higher pressure because of the higher tire temperature.
Greg Hindson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 05:58 PM   #22
Ghost

Definitely! If I stand still more than 10 minutes in a hot day with the engine running, the exhaust side gets hot and alarms.
vanlieremead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 06:50 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlieremead View Post
Definitely! If I stand still more than 10 minutes in a hot day with the engine running, the exhaust side gets hot and alarms.

Thanks, good to know!
Old 09-14-2021, 06:52 PM   #24

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
Jerry, I drove about 150 miles yesterday at about 68 mph. Temperature was about 78 degrees. I started with 85 lbs on all the rears. Left tag got to 97 psi and 115 degrees F. Right tag got to 98 psi and 117 degrees. As reported on the valid tpms.

Good to see your temps are similar.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:54 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Whole different angle.... Maybe

Any possibility that you have brake shoes dragging more on one side than the other side and your tire temp problems are due to brake heating rotors which then heat tires and nothing to do with tire pressures????

Gary

Interesting thought. How do I check? Iíve used an IR heat gun in various places around the wheel and donít see anything out of order.
Old 09-15-2021, 11:54 AM   #26

Jerry, it's weird that one side gets affected more than the other, but I would still lean toward alignment issue. Plus, I haven't had any luck with Spartan Alignments. Find a good 3 axle truck alignment shop along your travels.

In our case, with pressures in drive and tag tires set at 85, our tags would heat up 10-15 PSI higher than the drive axle tires. After proper alignment, the hot PSI for the tags are still higher, but usually around 5 PSI higher than the drive axle tires.

Sadly, the wear I was seeing on the tag tires (one side bevel on each tire), continued until I replaced them last year. Even though I got religious about dropping tag pressure on all tight turns.

Steve
Old 09-16-2021, 01:04 PM   #27

I've owned this Cornerstone (with disc brakes) now for about 3.25 years, and I have been in extensive stop and go traffic situations, once in New York state and once around Denver Colorado. In both, I am talking 30 - 40 miles of stop and go travel. Denver, I remember very well as there was some huge festival south of Denver and maybe 20 miles north of Denver, traffic came to a complete stop and then for ~ 40 miles went from stop and go, to traffic seemingly clearing, traffic picking up speed to 40-50 mps and then suddenly having to brake hard back to a crawl and stop-and-go crawling forward before repeating this whole process again and again. Never been in anything like these two situations before in all my driving.

The point of my story is that I began getting amber warnings on my tire pressures and tire temps on the tag and drive tires and then red tire pressure warning on all my drive and tag tires and I was VERY concerned and worked my way to the berm so I could check tire pressures. They were indeed high. Then I used an infrared thermometer to measure tire temps and the surface of the tires were high, but not all that critical. So, I measured the temps of my aluminum wheels and the wheels were very hot. By examining all around, what was very clear was that the wheel heat was from the disc brake rotors. The sun had nothing to do with these elevated temps. The very high temps were from the constant braking and even high speed braking in this "crazy" traffic pattern. I was heating the rotors highly and since the rotors are connected with the wheel mounts, the temps and pressures sampled from sensor bonded directly to the wheel with stainless steel bands, (not simply mounted on the stems) the brake heat was producing the excessive heat and pressures.

It took an hour or more at normal interstate speeds once this crazy stop-and-go pattern resolved before I was able to cool the rotors/wheels/tires to get the idiot lights back to the green range on the dash.

A dragging brake/rotor would imitate exactly your problem, IMO.

Any competent truck brake shop should be able to figure out this possibility.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exhaust, tire, tire pressure