Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2014, 06:16 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Holt v. Industrial Power v. Southern Plains

Someone sent me an email asking about Holt and Industrial Power. I thought it was an alert for a PM so deleted it, it wasn't a PM. Sorry.

My coach has been to all 3 Ft. Worth area repair facilities, the first 2 for the same issue, neither resolved the issue, Spartan finally did when I was there in May. I had to learn about processes and charges at big truck operations. They are not like taking your car to the Chevy dealer to get a rattle checked. They are in the repair business, not the routine maintenance business. A test drive to verify the issue will cost $65-135 whether they find anything or not. With one of them if you have 3 issues they will take your coach for 3 test drives.

Holt is Cat, Industrial Power is Spartan and Cummins, Southern Plains is Cummins. Spartan and Entegra will support warranty claims at any of the 3 but getting warranty coverage is a lot like getting your medical insurance to pay; it all depends on the code they use for the work. Expect a bill in addition to what is covered.

I'm not sure where I will take my coach for future repair but I am certain it will not be Industrial Power.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2014, 06:37 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Good post Vance. With the hassle of scheduling appointments to get the coach in and the ridiculous charges some charge I have learned to do a lot of my own maintenance. Bill in FL has been using a mobile tech that is Entegra approved and I have found out they do have more around the country. I have also learned that almost all of the mobile techs have had training, where many of the shops hire mechanics off the street with no RV training.

A few years ago I found out that my front end shop also does mobile chassis work at 1/3 the cost of what North Trails charged me to change a ride height valve and does BETTER work. It sometimes pays to check into mobile services that come to you with no high overhead and better trained. Always call Spartan or Entegra first to find out who they say to take it to, then they pay if it's warranty work. Good post and heads up.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:57 AM   #3

We had a stop engine light in Dallas last year and had the RV towed to Southern Plains. We arrived with the RV about 4:30 pm and they had a computer on it in about 15 minutes. Minor repair needed, which they did on the evening shift and the RV was ready early the following morning. Their hourly rates are not cheap, but similar to other like shops. This is a busy shop and they could have made me wait my turn, probably several days, and I was very satisfied with my treatment.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
My exposure has been a learning process. I use the local GM dealer to change the oil in my 2 GM cars (I can't get under either of them), they charge the same as the quick oil change places. I found out the hard way that a Cummins dealer isn't interested in oil changes; 5 1/2 hours and $698. If I have a repair I will likely go back to Southern Plains.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Vance i attempted to get IP to install an air kit for my toad when I purchased my coach. I could never get them to return my call. Actually followed up twice with them to no avail.
Jerry0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:12 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
I have a radiator leak that I need to get fixed and we are full timers. I called both Holt and Industrial Power to see about scheduling a repair and told them both we were living in the coach. Industrial Power was not accommodating at all. They told me I would just have to drop it off and they would get to it when they could. It would take at least 2 or 3 days maybe more depending on parts. Holt told me to keep from tying up my coach, to just drop by and they would look it over to see what was needed. Then they could deal with Spartan about warranty and get the parts. I could return after that was accomplished to have the repair done and not have to leave the coach overnight. Guess which one I chose?

James
2014 Aspire 44B
Old 08-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
About what I would expect from each of them.

Tags
power