Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2016, 03:51 PM   #1

Hooking up SAT receivers

I hooked up two receivers, one for living and one for bedroom, just like they told me. Coax from rec to Coax connector on the panel that says to SAT fold-down dish and HDMI to the only HCMI connector on the panel and it did not work. I finally disconnected everything from the TV in the bedroom and directly connected the HDMI from the Rec to the TV and got it to work so I know I'm getting a direct TV signal from the dish. At least in the bedroom. It would certainly help if I knew how that panel was wired behind the scenes. Any suggestions? I have spent hours on the phone with both Entegra and DirecTV...to no avail.
whitedb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2016, 03:56 PM   #2

year/mod/make of the RV? that might get you some help
Old 10-13-2016, 04:32 PM   #3

Additional Info

I have a 2016 Entegra Cornerstone 45B
whitedb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 05:03 PM   #4

Did you punch the "sat" button on the Bose remote while pointing it at the Bose receiver? Won't work if you don't do that first. Be sure you also have selected the correct HDMI "source" on the big tv.

Mallory
Mwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:12 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Up front you have that HDMI connector jack on the white wall plate. You connect the output from the Bose sound system to that jack. Your Blu-Ray player and satellite receiver all get connected to the input jacks on the Bose. You use the remote on the Bose to select whichever input source you want to view and it sends that signal out to the HDMI jack on the wall plate.

From there, an HDMI cable goes down into the basement and connects to a 1x4 HDMI distribution amplifier. The four outputs from this amp go to each of the four TV sets so whatever your Bose has selected will appear on all four of the TVs. Note that this amplifier is powered by a 120 volt wall wart so check to see that it didn't come unplugged. The only other thing is to make sure your TV is set to look at the correct input, via the TV remote's "Source" button.

The bedroom TV is a bit different. It too has multiple input sources that can be selected. One source is the output from the Bose system as previously mentioned. The second source is directly from your bedroom Blu-Ray player or from a second (bedroom) satellite receiver or DVR. Again, use your TV remote to toggle between the various sources. In my case, and most likely in yours too, the bedroom TV only has two HDMI inputs so you'll need to use component video for the third source, either the bedroom receiver or Blu-Ray player.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote