Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #1

Hose on air drier

Yes it is. This was aviation scat tubing just...

Yes it is. This was aviation scat tubing just because I had it but you can use any hose to extend outside the compartment. Steve.

I installed a 1in. hose on the air drier today. It definitely makes the air blast quieter, but where the hose exits the compartment it lies against the exhaust muffler. Has anyone that installed this hose determined if the exhaust gets hot enough to melt the hose. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Noel,
I dropped my hose just below the opening maybe a 1/4 of in inch. Got rid of the noise and it's far enough away from the muffler.

I only had a 3/4 in hose laying around, split it, clamped it, then tapped the split. It's working fine as there is no pressure on it.

That was a great post that was shared. You should here that thing go off inside of a hanger. I was not very popular.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Noel,
I dropped my hose just below the opening maybe a 1/4 of in inch. Got rid of the noise and it's far enough away from the muffler.

I only had a 3/4 in hose laying around, split it, clamped it, then tapped the split. It's working fine as there is no pressure on it.

That was a great post that was shared. You should here that thing go off inside of a hanger. I was not very popular.
Thanks, guess I'll take the hose off and cut it shorter. It cuts the noise drastically. Noel
Old 07-15-2014, 07:34 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Thanks, guess I'll take the hose off and cut it shorter. It cuts the noise drastically. Noel
Shouldn't have to take the hose off. Just pull it up through the hole and trim it, then drop it back down. My opening is about 3 inches.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #5

1 inch inner diameter for hose for the job, is this correct THX,
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:22 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
1 inch inner diameter for hose for the job, is this correct THX,
Yes, it is a one inch hose. What would work perfect is the flexible plastic bilge blower hose used on boats. I didn't have any so I used a piece of washing machine drain hose I had. With a little tape it worked fine.

I did notice Lowe's' had the flexible hose and I think they do sell in in 1 foot sections.
Old 07-16-2014, 10:49 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
I had to use 1 1/4" inside diameter tube....my first purchase of 1" tube did not fit. Home Depot has 2' sections of tube which works great.
Jersimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #8

I used 1in. heater hose, but it was a struggle to get it on. Used a little lube and finally got it over the fitting. 11/4 would probably work better. I also clamped it. Noel
Old 07-18-2014, 07:42 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Noel,

Chuck I'm sure your popularity will increase now. I know it made DW happy. Kind of hard to believe Spartan couldn't have figured it out?? But that's another story. Steve
C310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Steve, there are a few things I have wondered why Spartan changed on the Mountain Master chassis, but most have been good changes. I know they had to move the air dryer because of all the emissions junk. It was Entegra that built that compartment, and they sure need to add that hose. Thanks for sharing the great idea and the guys at the hanger thank you too
Old 08-05-2014, 08:45 PM   #11
bcp

I installed a piece of 1.5" automotive air cleaner preheat hose on my air drier today. Really quiets the noise. The preheat hose is corrugated aluminum and is 18" long when stretched out. It is about 8" long fresh out of the box. I installed it with a hose clamp which properly "sized" it when tightened. Then I stretched it just enough to fit down the hole below the air dryer. I figure the aluminum will not melt no matter how hot the exhaust system gets.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:10 PM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan has a silencer for that air dryer. It is about $50 and the size of an apple. Why is it not done from the get go--I do not know. Why spend the money rather than stick on a hose from Home Depot or your "junk" box--can't answer that one either.
Kuppajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:18 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuppajoe View Post
Spartan has a silencer for that air dryer. It is about $50 and the size of an apple. Why is it not done from the get go--I do not know. Why spend the money rather than stick on a hose from Home Depot or your "junk" box--can't answer that one either.
There are a lot of things I don't understand the price of on MH's. Girard gets $450 for a LED light kit that can be bought on ebay for $12.00 all day long, you supply your own wire. Doesn't make sense, but people pay it.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:55 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
I used 1in. heater hose, but it was a struggle to get it on. Used a little lube and finally got it over the fitting. 11/4 would probably work better. I also clamped it. Noel
Yes, 1-1/4 works way better. Noise is greatly reduced but you can still hear it purge - I would not want it totally silenced as abnormal purging can indicate a leak or other problem. Thanks to the OP for posting this simple fix.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote