Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #1

Hot shower

Can anyone enlighten me we are getting very hot water to all sinks after I dialed up the temp a bit under coach on the aquahot. However the shower does not get as hot can anyone tell me why is there a anti scald in the shower. Don't get me wrong the shower is very very warm and tolerable the dw just likes it a bit warmer, as I said the other sinks get too hot too touch now after I dialed it up a few degrees.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Here's a link to some previous threads on this topic. Hopefully there's an answer in there.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ente...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #3

Thx Cliff John
Old 03-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Johnny, I think Dusty56 with all of his wisdom had found the answer. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/aqua...ml#post1610901

I have been reading over all of the old post and paying attentions to yours as I saw a need for more hot water in the shower as well. We did not spend much time in ours, so no expert, but I think Mike found the answer.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:50 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
Can anyone enlighten me we are getting very hot water to all sinks after I dialed up the temp a bit under coach on the aquahot. However the shower does not get as hot can anyone tell me why is there a anti scald in the shower. Don't get me wrong the shower is very very warm and tolerable the dw just likes it a bit warmer, as I said the other sinks get too hot too touch now after I dialed it up a few degrees.
Johnnyreno,
My thoughts are that the anti scalding valve in your shower needs to be adjusted up a bit if that's possible. The faucets do not have that feature in them. May have to check with the manufacture or a plumber to get the info you need for this adjustment. Good luck.
4x4crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Our anti scald valve was removed. Warranty paid for it. Now, we can get the shower tooooo hot if we want to.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #7

I changed the anti-scalding setting in our 2011 Cornerstone and turned the mixing valve to the most hot setting and that made Mama happy.........for the moment.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #8

Ok brobox dusty 56 and forum and forum members it took 3 minutes to remove the pinkish red anti scald valve. Most of the time was finding the right allen wrench once you pull the handle you will see it it just side it out. Does get hotter im not sure for how long I will know in am. After morning showers if its too hot, I will back the mixer valve down a bit by bit to the desired warmth.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:25 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Hmmm... My shower is plenty hot and I haven't changed a thing. Wonder why?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Like I just mentioned to someone else, the water temp going in the coach makes all the difference.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
May have been on a slightly hotter setting when installed ??
Old 03-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #12

It now works perfectly normal without the restrictor was even able to put mixer valve back to the original setting.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
It now works perfectly normal without the restrictor was even able to put mixer valve back to the original setting.
Thanks for that report Johnny. I think you confirmed Dusty56's find of why my shower was not real hot like I expected. I knew it wasn't outside water temp as we are in FL where even tap water is 80 degrees. I will remove mine as soon as we we get the Anthem.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:52 PM   #14

bro box u r a really righteos dude im really trashehed right now but you are a class act. [PartyON brO

Tags
shower