Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #29

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Excellent post Terry. If the OP would let us know what he has found would sure help.

It's funny because last Monday morning, after the first post on this thread, I get in the shower, turn on the water and phhittt, nothing but a dribble. Get dressed, go outside get the tools, pull the cartridge, nothing. Put it together, nothing. Take it back apart and slowly open the cold stop and there we go, a piece of what looked like paint shoots out. Put it all back together and take a nice shower.

Now if we always had to go to a dealer to take care of this stuff, I'm not sure how much use we'd get from our coaches (every brand included).
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-13-2014, 09:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by racersedge View Post
its brand new?? surely a entegra dealer or factory rep can fix it for you?
If it shuts off the water when turned to hot something is obviously installed incorrectly.The One guys idea to ajust the mixing valve on the Aquahot is
completely wrong and not what your problem is at all.Not sure how he relates it to what your explaining.IF ALL your hot water outlets worked and ALL had warm water not hot then the mixing valve deal would be the answer
I am with racer is he not getting water at a certain point. if so somethings not in right we will figure it out though.
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:47 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
Here's what the cartridge looks like if Entegra didn't change.
guys I pulled the red part of the cartridge photo above on my 2014 it came right out. I got warmer at that point however if the water stops completely you may pull it meaning the whole cartridge and flip it over just a guess though,
Old 07-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Johnny, have you ever taken this cartridge out? You can not flip it over... this is not helping this guy out at all.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:50 PM   #33

I have pulled some theres a u clip that holds her in needle nose usually pulls them right. I have not pulled this one but have a few others was thinking may be something or other could be discovered. Lubed it up ,,,At this point prolly a local plumber may just say the cartridge is bad to bad we didn't have 2 so we could switch em, I wish I could see it and get at it but I would have a spare b4 though...
Old 07-13-2014, 11:07 PM   #34

NOT ours but the same thing I would think
Old 07-14-2014, 04:48 AM   #35

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
It's funny because last Monday morning, after the first post on this thread, I get in the shower, turn on the water and phhittt, nothing but a dribble. Get dressed, go outside get the tools, pull the cartridge, nothing. Put it together, nothing. Take it back apart and slowly open the cold stop and there we go, a piece of what looked like paint shoots out. Put it all back together and take a nice shower.

Now if we always had to go to a dealer to take care of this stuff, I'm not sure how much use we'd get from our coaches (every brand included).
That is why I thought your post was excellent. It was detailed and these things happen usually in the middle of nowhere. Posts like yours help us all learn what to do if it does. My first mod was an EMS the second a bigger tool box to go with my bigger more problematic MH.

From Jim's description, the dealer may have already removed his anti scald ring if he is only seeing "blue". If that is the case, your post was "excellent".
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:49 AM   #36

Yes terry and like bro said I hate smelling like last nights booze all the next day,,,
Old 07-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #37

First off I want to thank everyone for all of the good info.
DW insisted because its new that I should have an RV Tech fix it.
Well I call CS and the guy tells me that you have to let it run 15 minutes to get Hot water and I would probably have to turn insta-hot to diesel to get water hot enough. Well I take it to CS Recommended shop. They tell me the whole valve needs replaced. They call Jayco and they tell them for the warranty I have $120.00 to go to Home Depot to buy a new one which I did.I get back and Tech tells me he won't do it because he'd have to tear out wall or back of Hutch.
I tried to explain what all of you guys have told me.So then he says maybe if you just change Cartridige it will work.He says he will move when he puts back together.He puts back together and sure enough I have Hot water and a new cartridge on the way and most of a day wasted. Oh yea I still have to take shower valve back. Like BroBox says I need a bigger tool Box. The learning curve is coming fast. Thanks again I may try myself next time.
Texas Jim 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:54 AM   #38

Entegra Owners Club
Jim, I have found over the years that the guys on the forums that have experienced the problem first hand on the same model are usually more accurate than the average RV Tech.

Even the CS reps at Entegra have given me different answers depending on who I talk to. But the guys here that have already fixed a problem are usually a 100% right on.

Glad you have a hot shower again.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:28 PM   #39

Entegra Owners Club
Glad to hear you're up and running. Experience tells me you want the spare cartridge being that it's only $20ish. I keep a box with extra parts, you never know when or if you'll need it but when you do you will be very pleased.

Maybe it's the farm boy in me but little bits and pieces and parts of all kinds are a life saver.
Old 07-17-2014, 01:39 PM   #40

I was kinda leaning towards a bad cartridge. but like I said on the road you don't 2 or even one to swap to check. BTW. any time you shower you really should use the burner one so it gets used 2 kick ing it on a few minutes b4 lets you shower as much as you want. With plenty hot water. glad its running right too.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:20 PM   #41

I have a 'new to me' Anthem, and I also have have hot water everywhere But, the shower. I'm not very mechanical but I have pulled the cover off of the shower control and have got as far as the enclosed picture. No red ring present as you can see. Don't know where the 'scald control' is located nor what it is I need to change out here. Tried to pry a flat head screwdriver in behind the blue plastic ring but it's not coming out. What do I do next? Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anthem shower.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	114877  
Whizzer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 02:55 PM   #42

Entegra Owners Club
Here is what the red anti scald piece looks like. I don't see it in your photo.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/show...ml#post2301193

Outside on the AH unit is a temp control valve. Page 6 # 19. Open that up a little and see if it helps. http://www.aquahot.com/aquahot.com/m...ide450DWeb.pdf

Tags
shower, water