Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2020, 12:24 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsuperio View Post
Locally it looks like my choices for 6 volt AGM are Trojan or Deka. Best price surprisingly is 179 for Deka at General RV. Is there any real difference between the Deka and Trojan.
Deka is also East Penn. Both Deka and Trojan are good batteries. Are the $179 AGM? If not, call Sam's and see if they can order them.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2020, 01:52 PM   #16

$179 sounds like Sam's Club price for AGM GC2s.
That's about as good as you will find for AGM GCs so if a dealer has them I'd go for it.
I doubt you will find Trojan for that price.
All things equal I would take a Trojan over the Deka but I doubt you will find Trojan AGMs for that price
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:15 PM   #17

As Chuck said, Deka is East Penn. Excellent manufacturer. One of the best. Most of their batteries come from Lyons Pennsylvania.

Being in Mich, you might try Crown Battery (Fremont Oh). Smaller manufacturer than East Penn, but also excellent.

Steve
Old 05-22-2020, 09:17 PM   #18

Batteries

We have a 15 Aspire when we first got it didn’t have a place to park it with power. The batteries would be dead if we went to work on it. Of not knowing better ruined the batteries. Corrosion all the time, cleaned them several times even take the battery box out & painting it. A nice member told me about Lifeline in CA. They had a sale, no tax, free shipping. Of course my UPS guy didn’t like me but I put 6 in our coach. What a difference, go all night without problems. Of course I run the genny when we park for an hour while she is cooking dinner & an hour in the morning before we leave. So far it has worked out good.
Craneboy302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:11 PM   #19

Our '17 Aspire comes with half the battery of an Anthem.
Dieing at 4 AM is perfectly normal for us.

We don't overnight often without power, and I've chosen to just ignore it. I run the genny until 9 or so, and go to bed. We wake up at 6 with no power, fire the cummins, get the genny going, and go on about our business.

I'm saving my penny's and hoping for a situation where we can spend some serous boondocking time. 6-8 Lithiums are in the future.

Until then, these always charge back up.
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 05:09 AM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
Our '17 Aspire comes with half the battery of an Anthem.
Dieing at 4 AM is perfectly normal for us.

We don't overnight often without power, and I've chosen to just ignore it. I run the genny until 9 or so, and go to bed. We wake up at 6 with no power, fire the cummins, get the genny going, and go on about our business.

I'm saving my penny's and hoping for a situation where we can spend some serous boondocking time. 6-8 Lithiums are in the future.

Until then, these always charge back up.

Do you know how far down they go before shutting off? I’m thinking that if they went down too far they would have a short life. What is your LBCO setting?
Butte64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 09:28 AM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
What is best LBCO setting. Mine was 10.2. Would 11.8 be ok to use.
soundsuperio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 10:42 AM   #22

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundsuperio View Post
What is best LBCO setting. Mine was 10.2. Would 11.8 be ok to use.
Steve,

If you plan to run a coffee maker or run the microwave for a minute or so while on battery power then 11.8v for a LBCO would be too high and cause nuisance tripping of the inverter.

For an in use setting of the LBCO I would use somewhere around 10.6-10.8v. If you place the coach in storage for any length of time with the inverter on then a LBCO setting of 12.0-12.2v would work well.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery