Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2016, 12:49 PM   #29

Maybe a dumb question but how do I get the Command 30 upgraded to the 4.0 software? I remember Chuck you drove over from Entegra. I doubt I will ever go to the mother ship and I'm damn sure not going to drive 2800 miles round trip for a software upgrade. Has anyone done this upgrade long distance?

Doug
AspireDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2016, 01:48 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireDoug View Post
Maybe a dumb question but how do I get the Command 30 upgraded to the 4.0 software? I remember Chuck you drove over from Entegra. I doubt I will ever go to the mother ship and I'm damn sure not going to drive 2800 miles round trip for a software upgrade. Has anyone done this upgrade long distance?

Doug

Doug,

Call Grover Simpson, address and phone in a post above, to coordinate shipping it to him. I had mine back right at a week. I also asked him to remove "Resistor 37" (It may be an Entegra only mod) which he did.

The panel is easy to remove; label panel is magnetized, peel it off then 2 screws to pull the panel, plastic quick disconnect on the back.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:25 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
Kinda off topic but does anyone turn 1 inverter off when dry caming or overnight stops. ??? thx. 4 any comments
johnnyreno
I don't turn mine OFF a I when dry camp or overnight ONLY because it is never on when I'm driving.

Some people think their inverter has to be on all the time, (whether they're driving, dry camping, overnighting or simply parked).... and some coaches actually do need a constant supply of 120VAC power.

However because I very seldom need 120VAC when my coach doesn't have shore power I very seldom turn my inverter ON...(in fact I doubt that I've had the Heart Freedom 20 inverter in my coach turned ON more than a TOTAL of 12 hours since the coach was new to me in '01).

Mel
'96 Safari, 148k miles, (121k mine}
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #32

Entegra Owners Club
Mel, A lot of things have changed since my 02 Travel Supreme and the new all electric Entegra. I now have 120v 27 cubic foot residential refrigerator which requires inverter power while traveling. My 12 cubic ft gas refrigerator in my old MH didn't need inverter power either. I upgraded to get rid of that old NOcold. Ice cold beer when I park is a big plus and exactly the reason for upgrading. Hard ice cream right after dinner is not bad either.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 04:12 PM   #33

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Ok, so to be clear, we have the 2017 Cornerstone. Our current storage facility has 120v power, but only 5-10 amps (to keep batteries up). So if we park it there for a week, or two or three, do we need to turn both inverters off? And, can this be done through the Vega touch, or should we physically turn the dials to " off " in the storage compartment? Entegra said that turning off the master power switch does not really turn EVERYTHING off; so what is still on when Master switch is turned off?
Also, did anyone mention how to completely turn off the new Samsung refrigerator (other than throwing the breaker). I thought I saw it somewhere, but couldnt locate it.
TYIA
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:05 PM   #34

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&S Norrell View Post
Ok, so to be clear, we have the 2017 Cornerstone. Our current storage facility has 120v power, but only 5-10 amps (to keep batteries up). So if we park it there for a week, or two or three, do we need to turn both inverters off? And, can this be done through the Vega touch, or should we physically turn the dials to " off " in the storage compartment? Entegra said that turning off the master power switch does not really turn EVERYTHING off; so what is still on when Master switch is turned off?
Also, did anyone mention how to completely turn off the new Samsung refrigerator (other than throwing the breaker). I thought I saw it somewhere, but couldnt locate it.
TYIA
When on that low of shore power you will only have 1 charger powered to start with. As far as turning off the inverters at the disconnect switches in the basement one for sure can be switched off (the one whose charger is not powered) but the other one may be trial and error. When all is said and done you have to make sure you still have a charge going to the house batteries on the Vegatouch panel.

To completely shut down the fridge turn the breaker OFF that is in the cabinet above the drivers seat.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 03:47 PM   #35

Quote:
Ok, so to be clear, we have the 2017 Cornerstone. Our current storage facility has 120v power, but only 5-10 amps (to keep batteries up). So if we park it there for a week, or two or three, do we need to turn both inverters off?
TYIA
This may seem obvious, if so I apologize. Before you park it at the facility, run your generator for several hours to make sure your batteries are well charged when you park it. This will keep your charger from drawing a lot of power when you first plug it in and popping your breaker. I also park it with a full diesel tank and leave the generator in Auto-gen so it will start and charge the batteries if it loses shore power. Better to spend a hundred in diesel than 3K on new batteries. Maybe even a sign in the windshield that says, "If my generator is running, please call XXX-XXX-XXXX". Then stop by and check it once a week to make sure it's doing what it is supposed to...you should see your batteries in FLOAT CHARGE if everything in the coach is off (with the exception of the Vegatouch) and the shore power is good.

I know I've seen your screen name on here a lot, so you've seen all the threads about replacing house batteries and how crazy Entegra people are about being exactly correct in our treatment of them. It is justified! They're crazy expensive, and having to wait a day or two to get them replaced can certainly wreck a trip.
RubiconTrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:25 PM   #36

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Surely there is another way to turn off the refrigerator than switching off the breaker every time; this is not a good practice as it was designed to be a breaker, not a switch. Perpetual throwing of the breaker will cause it to fail. Maybe there's is a code (sequence of pushing ref. button that will kill the power each time)?
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 05:29 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Surely there is another way to turn off the refrigerator than switching off the breaker every time; this is not a good practice as it was designed to be a breaker, not a switch. Perpetual throwing of the breaker will cause it to fail. Maybe there's is a code (sequence of pushing ref. button that will kill the power each time)?
In the Classics, that is the only way without unplugging the refrigerator and mine is a little hard to get too. There is no "off" on the control panel that I can find. Don't know about the new models, it might be in the owners manual.

If the circuit breaker quits from use, it is an easy replacement for the convenience for the few times I use it. I store with the refrigerator on with cold beer for the days I work on the MH with the crowd at the hanger.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery