Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2015, 04:43 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
How About A 45' DEQ-Style Cornerstone?

Ok....this could be fun.

Many of us LOVE our our DEQ Aspires and Anthems. Yet EC doesn't offer a Cornerstone model. The 'B' design is an unfortunate compromise that shortens the salon living space in favor of a bath and a half.

Several people have been privately vocal about a 45' Cornerstone DEQ style design. Already loving the DEQ layout, I wonder what they (the designers at EC) could do with an extra 3' of length, which with slides, could equate to about 36 square feet of additional space.

They already know how to accommodate a larger shower and a separate toilet room. I'm envisioning a pantry in an enlarged Galley, accommodation for a laundry bin for dirty clothes, and a file cabinet end table by the couch. How about a small but functional desk? How about using the lay-flat wall-hugger sofa like I just put in instead of the L-couch? The recliners lay all the way flat so they could double as sleepers. Perhaps the center section (which is stationary) could lift up to make a shoe hamper?

That would just about be perfect!

What do you think? What would YOU desire in a 45' DEQ-style Cornerstone?

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2015, 04:49 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Stew has been begging for one publicly and privately. I gave up after two years of suggesting to you know who at Entegra that it didn't make sense to not have a CS DEQ. Classic case of not listening. Generally, full timers were asking for it. Entegra thinks the market is part timers and that they want a bath and a half.

Now the interesting thing is, their own friggin' survey just showed 47% of Entegra owners spend over 6 months a year in their DEQ....Pat Carroll/Tadd Jenkins...are you listening??????!!!!!!! :(
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:23 PM   #3

Kathy and I would upgrade in flash if Entegra were to offer a Cornerstone DEQ. We love the floor plan and as stated the additional length would offer many possibilities.

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland, Washington

2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 05:32 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pallencollin View Post
Kathy and I would upgrade in flash if Entegra were to offer a Cornerstone DEQ. We love the floor plan and as stated the additional length would offer many possibilities.

So what features, within the scope of just a single bath, would you desire?

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
2013 Aspire DEQ
Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 06:56 PM   #5

I for one like two toilets , to each his own. I do not think there is much floor space difference between cornerstone and anthem(the b is identical in both). If a full wall slide was available the best of both worlds could occur.
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:02 PM   #6

We would like to see a desk and a small side table in the area of the lounge chair/long narrow window, a few additional inches for the chair between the refrigerator and table, and additional window area to allow more air flow through out the coach.

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland, Washington

pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
The DEQ floorpan is my favourite in the Entegra line. We have plans for an Anthem in our next coach. I would strongly consider a Cornerstone DEQ with the upgraded features from the Anthem.

Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 08:45 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
We would strongly consider a DEQ Cornerstone. Don't need a bath and a half, like the midship bath and would love a little extra space and Cornerstone amenities.

Come out with it for 2016 1/2 and put us on the waiting list!

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:00 PM   #9

If I was in charge at Entegra, I would come out with a Cornerstone Model FT for full timers and do everything that normal people would want in a coach to full time. Everyone we meet in our travels wants to be a full timer when they retire. We've been full timing going on 11 years, I haven't seen an Entegra that works for us.....yet. I love them but need some things that a full timer needs, like a desk for all your papers and stuff, lots of plug ins, etc. No manufacture markets a coach for full timers, no one. The field is wide open, some one needs to step up to the plate.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:48 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
With the three extra feet, you'll need a little for a residential shower. Then Make the TV in the DEQ a pop up with a big window behind it. Finally, use that space in between a booth dinette (preferably backed by a bookcase that evolve into a rounded desk area the rest of the way to the corner module...unfortunately, I'll need to write for Motorcoach magazine a couple years before they'll take my coach inputs if the last three years are any indication...and I am on Pat Carroll's Owner Advisory Group????!!! I'm still not sure what that is after the initial invite (but it may have something to do with my nasty comments about cheap screen doors on a half a million dollar coach...oh well, I guess DSL417 endorsed just doesn't carry much weight!
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 10:32 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I have personally asked Tadd about a CS with a floor plan similar to my current Travel Supreme Alante 45 similar to the DEQ. He said everybody wants a bath and a half. We don't! We use the coach for tailgating (how about those Longhorns over OU?), entertaining, and RV club activities and want the space up front.

We will be in the market soon for a new coach and would be willing to list our desires but have the impression that nobody listens.
dcphil_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:01 AM   #12

How About A 45' DEQ-Style Cornerstone?

I had not given a great deal of thought but the SL floor plan was a tailgating And entertaining machine and they discontinued it because of few orders. We had a 45 DLQ and it was a single bath, two couch tailgater also but we get as many in our 45 B as we did the DLQ. Lots of opinions on the best floor plan and what should be changed and I have several floor plan changes that I would like to see also. The thing we have to remember is that the Entegra business model is to build a very high quality with few options and few floor plans to sell at the lowest price of any high end coach. I think we all agree with the quality and price goals but we still want to change things around a little. Newmar, on the other hand offers a lot of custom work but it comes with a cost for all buyers in terms of dollars and features. All coaches are a compromise so we all hunt to find the coach that best suits our desires and budgets. I think Entegra listens well to owners and makes a lot of changes based on the input and feedback from a large number of owners. I have seen a lot of changes in the coaches that addressed desires of large numbers of Entegra owners. I am guessing that if Anthem orders of DEQ coaches is a high percentage of all Anthem orders you will see a very similar coach offered in the Cornerstone. All JMHO

2016 Cornerstone 45B
Formerly 2011 & 2013 Anthems and 2015 Cornerstone
2014 Lincoln MKT towed
Old 10-17-2015, 03:40 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
I agree! And, we only use our Cornerstone for trips. We are definitely part-timers.

We see little need for the 1/2 bath. Its a waste of space, necessitated solely because the bath was moved to the rear. Until we purchased the Cornerstone, we had an '09 Monaco Signature Chancellor IV model. Rear, full-length closet, king bed, bath section, which included a toilet room, shower, vanity and washer/dryer, then the living area. Now that slide-outs are larger, the refrigerator and pantry can also be added to the slide-outs. This would be the perfect touring coach.

btw - I'd also get rid of the fake fireplace, and add more storage space, or a wine cooler.

I have an electronic copy of Monaco's sales brochure, if anyone is interested.
Steve Kieffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 04:53 AM   #14

The difference in length is less than 2 feet. slide length difference (if any) would be a factor as well.
CoreyinWP is offline   Reply With Quote