Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2018, 04:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem16 View Post
I guess my question is ,how much electrical gadgets do you really need in a vehicle or motorhome? .
We don't need near as many and I don't believe the consumers are demanding them. The mfg.'s of car and RVs keep adding all this junk because some other co. has it on theirs. That gadget only exists because there is a company making the new gadget. It is all about $. Every part Entegra or anyone else adds to RV raises the price and the markup.
As long as the people line up with money falling out of their pockets the junk will continue to be piled on. And your maintenance costs and required education of the gadgets will get more involved.
The quality of the RV industry is pitiful. I just saw a show about building one of those huge cruise ships. I wondered if that would have been built in Elkhart, how many of the 2,000 rooms would have anything that worked.
az99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #16

So true, my Anthem I like it but I consider it the most stupidest thing I have ever bought!! When we bought it we thought controlling everything with iPad was cool. Wife and I have talked about it and wished the TV was back to simple remotes, the shades where nice manual pull down ones like in a house, the light panels where simple light switches like a house. Wife likes to shut the panel lights off at night so I wake up in the morning and stare at the panel trying to read it . My eyes don't work that good any more. Simple switch you walk over and flip it on. All the shade motors, light panels I've had good luck with them but alot of people haven't. I maybe wished I would have bought a older class a , or bus and build it the way I want . Simple house stuff. I do love the Anthem and will keep it but as electronic stuff goes to heck I'll probably slowly switch back to simple stuff . Im not worried about resale of , it's probably the last one I'm going to buy any way. When we are gone somebody else can deal with it[emoji41][emoji41]
anthem16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #17

Soooooooooooooo, I guess there are limits to the "Dont worry, be happy" perspective after all.....

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:49 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary.Jones View Post
Soooooooooooooo, I guess there are limits to the "Dont worry, be happy" perspective after all.....

Gary
Lol ya yesterday I should have taken a nap before I posted the thread. I get in those moods sometimes. I should just get away from phones and stand in the yard and scream, sorry!!
anthem16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:07 AM   #19

I’m pretty certain we’ve all had a few moments like that.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorhome