Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #1

How do you turn off the radio?

It seems that you cannot actually turn off the radio. Trying to use the navigation system and cannot turn up volume to hear the "Siri" voice direction without turning on the radio. Then all you hear is hiss or whatever station it's tuned to. Anyone got a solution? What did I miss?
DoggieDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What make and model radio, and yes, I may have a solution. CD on Pause works well.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Most GPS devices have a separate setting for volume, it is independent of the radio's volume. Have you checked the manual for this control? I know the radio has to be on, I just turn it down. The GPS instructions remain at the level I set them at.
TonyDi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
What make and model radio, and yes, I may have a solution. CD on Pause works well.

It's a XSG2. I think it's an Entegra exclusive. No manual, just a quick start guide.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Robert - There is a manual online. The easiest way to find it may be when you install the dock software.

The GPS supposedly has a volume control on one of its pages but I can't get it to pop up. We tend to listen to books on CD on the road and with that volume set to hear it the GPS almost rolls us out of our seats when it gives an audio alert!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That unit is in several Winnebagos. We have it in our Adventurer. The Navigation volume is a menu setting on the GPS.
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
There is a separate volume control - and it always makes me a little more crazy each time I have to locate it. I don't have access to our coach right now, but I think you get to it by touching the screen in one of the corners while in the navigation mode. We downloaded the manual - that was the only way that I found it the first time....but even then it was difficult to get the control to show onscreen. Not user friendly at all.
hdgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #8

On main menu under settings
Audio settings
Center Volume
: Sets the volume level for an optional center speaker when connected (MUTE – MAX).
Woofer Volume: Sets the volume level for a an optional subwoofer speaker when connected (MUTE – MAX).
NAV Volume: Sets the gain of navigation volume (10 +10). This feature will help balance the navigation audio prompts with the system volume level according to the individual user preference.
NAV Audio Mix: This option allows setting the way of navigation voice behavior in relation to the normal audio playback. The following options are available: OFF: Navigation voice will not be audible.
MIX: Navigation voice will mix through normal audio.
FULL: Normal audio will be muted on the front speakers during navigation voice instructions.
MS DELTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggieDaddy View Post
It's a XSG2. I think it's an Entegra exclusive. No manual, just a quick start guide.

http://comnet2.newmarcorp.com/instan...ges/116515.pdf

That link appears to be the manual.. And from what it shows if all else fails CD and PAUSE should do the trick. Though turning the radio off may be possible, Radio mode and tap the upper left (RADIO) icon.

My personal feeling: Touch screens have no business in the cockpit.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #10

Quote:
It seems that you cannot actually turn off the radio. Trying to use the navigation system and cannot turn up volume to hear the "Siri" voice direction without turning on the radio. Then all you hear is hiss or whatever station it's tuned to. Anyone got a solution? What did I miss?
Robert, you have to push and hold the nav button for a couple of seconds. It will mute the radio, but the nav will still come through the radio speakers. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
Robert, you have to push and hold the nav button for a couple of seconds. It will mute the radio, but the nav will still come through the radio speakers. Noel
That's it!! I saw Jan the PDI gal do it, but for the life of me I couldn't remember how she did it, I knew it was easy. Thanks for the reminder Noel and Robert for making the post.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:33 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by loisjop View Post
You are right. I tried it, it mutes the radio. I was thinking to myself who designed this POS. Just frustrated. I still think it should be a little more straight forward. There should be an on/off for each function not just putting it on stand be. Scanning the fine print in the quick start I found it. In parenthesis. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:15 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
You are right. I tried it, it mutes the radio. I was thinking to myself who designed this POS. Just frustrated. I still think it should be a little more straight forward. There should be an on/off for each function not just putting it on stand be. Scanning the fine print in the quick start I found it. In parenthesis. Thanks for your help.
Not having spent much time with mine yet, I did find it was NOT the most user friendly piece of equipment to get use to. Glad you made this post.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:49 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Anyone know a source for remote control for the XSG2?
cochise1949 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio