Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2014, 09:18 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
How long will the fridge run on the inverter, when not pluged in?

Just wondering about how long before the house batteries go dead, with just the inverter and fridge running. Mine only last about 8 hours. Is this about average? Thanks.

Dave
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
Just wondering about how long before the house batteries go dead, with just the inverter and fridge running. Mine only last about 8 hours. Is this about average? Thanks.

Dave
sounds wrong to me? Your fridge wont run constant? how many amps does the fridge Draw? how many amp hours @50% do u have?
For example if you have 440amp (4 six volts) @50 % u have 220 AH
even If the fridge were to draw 8 amps (constant) you should get 27 hours
racersedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by racersedge View Post
sounds wrong to me? Your fridge wont run constant? how many amps does the fridge Draw? how many amp hours @50% do u have?
For example if you have 440amp (4 six volts) @50 % u have 220 AH
even If the fridge were to draw 8 amps (constant) you should get 27 hours
Ive discovered 8 it about it for me.. There are many vampire things running as well, HDMI splitter, TV's even though they are off, Direc TV and Dish network boxes never "power off" Time on the microwave.. I'm sure there are hundreds more things I have yet to find.
Incognito. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:27 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Mine also only lasted overnight when I popped the circuit breaker at my storage hanger. And that was with 8 batteries. I have been working on and loading the MH and as Incognito said the Entegra is a power hungry bunch of gremlin. Seems every cabinet and storage area I open I can see a light that is taking power. Even the awnings on the Anthem are drawing 110V power while waiting to be used. Eight hours on 4 batteries is not bad at all
I am surprised the number of 110V gremlins that the 12V power switch does not kill.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:36 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Sounds like Entegra desperately needs to put their coaches on an energy diet real quick. With my unit (shown below) I have 6, group 31, 12v, AGM batteries running a Maytag French Door fridge, and the fridge can run all night (8+hrs) on the inverter and by batteries are not even close to being low.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:48 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Sounds like Entegra desperately needs to put their coaches on an energy diet real quick. With my unit (shown below) I have 6, group 31, 12v, AGM batteries running a Maytag French Door fridge, and the fridge can run all night (8+hrs) on the inverter and by batteries are not even close to being low.
It seems more people want the power hungry features than being able to run longer on battery power. If you are a serious boondocker and want to live off the grid a stock Entegra is not the MH for the job. On the Anthem Entegra upped the batteries to 8 AGM's instead of deleting power hunger features.

My previous MH did not have a residential refrig and I was starting the generator to make coffee in the morning with 4 wet cells. Depends on how you use your MH.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:55 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Running with 6 - 6 volt battery's I can run well into 3 days. I just ran Fridge, tv's at night, lights and Microwave several times for 12 hours before battey's dropped below 12 volts. Microwave was used for 2 minute instances.
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:04 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
If you add solar it will run for a very long time.

I'm into my 7th or 8th day on this trip, running all but AC.
jimbo2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Another variable is how FULL the fridge and freezer is and how many times you open it...

Having lived on the gulf coast when hurricanes used to be regular visitors, you knew to leave the fridge closed as long as possible!

one year the parents even filled the freezer with gallon jugs of water to 'make' ice when the freezer was less than full ...

I found in winter time it last a long time too - DOOH
Old 07-15-2014, 07:33 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Mine also only lasted overnight when I popped the circuit breaker at my storage hanger. And that was with 8 batteries. I have been working on and loading the MH and as Incognito said the Entegra is a power hungry bunch of gremlin. Seems every cabinet and storage area I open I can see a light that is taking power. Even the awnings on the Anthem are drawing 110V power while waiting to be used. Eight hours on 4 batteries is not bad at all
I am surprised the number of 110V gremlins that the 12V power switch does not kill.

yes but back to OP question in all fairness. He asked how long his FRIDGE would run off his batterys.NOT the WHOLE Motorhome
He also never replied what he has for battery power
Old 07-15-2014, 07:36 AM   #11

Quote:
Op has not commented on how many batterys he has and the 12V disconnect switch will not shut off a 120V-12V inverter
Old 07-15-2014, 08:21 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by racersedge View Post
Op has not commented on how many batterys he has and the 12V disconnect switch will not shut off a 120V-12V inverter
The Aspire has 4 wet cell batteries. The comment I made was the number of 110 V gremlins that are still on on any model of Entegra. I should have left the 12V switch off that phrase. The Entegras have a LOT of power being drawn using the inverter. And I would guess another reason Entegra installs and auto gen start.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:59 AM   #13

Quote:
The Aspire has 4 wet cell batteries. The comment I made was the number of 110 V gremlins that are still on on any model of Entegra. I should have left the 12V switch off that phrase. The Entegras have a LOT of power being drawn using the inverter. And I would guess another reason Entegra installs and auto gen start.

Understood BUT the OP asked with just the fridge running that's why I opined what I did.He failed to mention he as a ton of other stuff running
that's all I had to go by when I posted first off
With just the fridge running as I posted he would have 30 hours run time or more depending on how long the fridge takes to reach preset temperatures
Old 07-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
If the OP is like me, he had no idea how many other things were pulling power when he thought only the fridge was on. I am not sure how you could isolate these coaches to just the fridge.

Tags
fridge, inverter