Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2016, 09:50 PM   #1

How to make nav talk??

OK, so I'm more a paper map type navigator and have just started trying to use the nav system in our antique '13 Anthem. (besides, it just now started working (along with phone Bluetooth function) after I finally found all the loose wire connections and got the radio unit properly grounded with about 3 redundant grounds!!

Now that I've been playing with the nav it seems to work OK but I cannot get any audio prompts out of the system. Went thru all the setup menus and such. The answer is probably in the manual somewhere but I keep overlooking it. Any idea which buttons I've punched wrong and/or instructions for getting the voice prompts.

Probably something very obvious but I could use some help if someone could roll away the stone for me.....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2016, 10:44 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
It does broadcast through the dash radio, so if that is muted or turned all the way down you won't get audio.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:56 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
By any chance did the mute icon get pushed? It happened on my 2014, might be different radios, but it took me forever to find how to get the icon to popup. Sure enough it was silver colored speaker and it had a red line through it. Touched it and I had sound again.

Found these on another thread. Post # 2 and 3 might help.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/rand...ml#post2938024

Has the GPS memory card been updated?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 09:23 AM   #4

When you asked about the Nav & talk I immediately thought of a comment involving my wife. But I think I'll let it go.
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:35 PM   #5

I have not updated the card yet. I want to talk to Riverpark before I try and download something and destroy my only card! I am going to be working on it, though.

the radio volume and all radio functions work OK now with volume and muting checked and working correctly.

I'll have to go back and look for a mute icon on the specific nav pages. I have not found it so far.

Thanks for the ideas everyone!
Old 04-03-2016, 07:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgguy View Post
When you asked about the Nav & talk I immediately thought of a comment involving my wife. But I think I'll let it go.

I'm waiting for the coaches' nav system to say...."oh, you should have turned back there......" then I know it is working correctly.
Old 04-04-2016, 06:33 AM   #7
PJL

Not saying this is your problem, but my Rand McNally has a mute button, looks like a speaker symbol, located in the lower right hand corner of the Main Menu screen. To return to the Main Menu from the map screen, press the icon with 3 vertical bars above a horizontal bar (also located on the lower right hand corner. Make sure there is no red line thru the speaker icon.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:07 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Not sure about the 2013, but the 2014 had to have a new card from Riverchase from 4 GB to 8 GB for the new upgrades. I have heard of all kind of "weird" happenings on the GPS without the upgrade include voice.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:41 AM   #9

I think the issue may be in the settings of the Xite, not the NAV program. On our 2014 Anthem the key sequence is:

Power up the Xite
Push mode button
Push settings, lower right of touch screen
Push audio, lower bar in left side of touchscreen.
Go to page 2, push button on top right corner of touchscreen.
Once there you will find NAV Volume (we have ours at +8)
Also there is NAV Audio Mix. (we have ours on Full)
weirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 08:28 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirba View Post
I think the issue may be in the settings of the Xite, not the NAV program. On our 2014 Anthem the key sequence is:

Power up the Xite
Push mode button
Push settings, lower right of touch screen
Push audio, lower bar in left side of touchscreen.
Go to page 2, push button on top right corner of touchscreen.
Once there you will find NAV Volume (we have ours at +8)
Also there is NAV Audio Mix. (we have ours on Full)
Thanks! This confirms with my 2013 Excite system. Same procedure.

I've gone through this sequence already, several times. There is also a nav volume page accessible by pressing the nav volume icon in the lower LH corner of the nav page.

The system seems to loose the volume settings for the nav when changing functions i.e. Sirius and adjusting the radio volume. I think I am doing something to cause the nav volume to go back to default or lower values when exiting the set page. Just when I think it is working correctly the next instruction goes un-announced.......

I'll keep trying
Old 04-05-2016, 09:56 PM   #11

The issue I run into is when in nav and displaying map the volume is muted. On the immediate left side of the map display area there is a small speaker icon with a hash mark through it. Barely visible and very small but I cannot get the hash mark over the speaker icon to go away.

If you touch the bus icon in the lower left corner and select page two of the following screens there is a "sounds" icon that will display master volume and command volumes for the nav system. This seems to reset each time I exit nav to change the radio or something.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:26 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
On my 2014 I have to touch the mute icon to turn the mute off.

If it is still not working properly, might want to call Riverchase for the 8GB upgrade card. That will be needed anyhow for any future upgrades. There were several reporting voice problem, mainly cutting out, before they did the update.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:38 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
This was just posted by Seeg on another thread...... might be part of the voice problem. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/upda...ml#post2926920
Old 04-11-2016, 11:46 AM   #14

I have the antique excite that does not have the RandMcNally nav. The 8 gig card was supposed to be only an issue with the RM systems on the 14's/later.

I still haven't made contact with the right person for a 2013 excite system so my update is on hold pending contact.

I played with the nav for the last 800 miles into the homestead and have never got the voiced commands to work. they worked one time weeks ago and it was a male voice but since then my button pushing trying to get more volume has rendered him mute.