Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2016, 06:22 AM   #1

How to reset the Magnum charger inverter

Boondocked at a rest area last night and turned the generator off around 10pm and woke up around 6am. The house batteries were low. To low to start the generator so I linked the two sets of batteries and the generator fired right up. However, I couldn't get the house to "switch" over to the generator or the inverters to switch to charging mode. I'm guessing I need to "reset" the inverters. How do I do that?
ikold is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2016, 06:24 AM   #2

FYI its a 14 cornerstone.

I sure wish the batteries would last more than 6-7 hours with the only load being the fridge and aqua hot!

What have folks changed our their factory batteries with to give more ampacity? You would think they'd give these things enough battery to comfortably last through the night.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:43 AM   #3

Nor'easters Club
Did you check circuit breaker on the generator? Gen would run but no power to coach if disengaged.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:24 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
The inverter resets should be on the inverters mounted to the ceiling of the rear P/S basement compartment.

On the batteries....the charging settings have to be set correctly if this has not been done since delivery. Mine were set from the factory to only charge the batteries at 65% instead of the required 80 to 90% depending on who you talk to.

Also setting the AGS to auto will start the generator before the batteries go dead. The Mag 30 also has to be setup to start before the batteries go dead. There was a post regarding this the other day. I have mine set to 12.1 V other set there lower but risk the generator not starting when needed.

Here is a link to that post that may help your situation. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/ags-issue-282560.html
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:53 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

We boondock at rest areas like you did and have no problem maintaining battery voltage over that time frame. That's running the fridge and Aqua-Hot in fairly cold weather. Your batteries should last longer than that. I would take a good look at your battery condition. They may not be performing as well as they used to.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:18 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I had the same problem with the magnum inverter on the Aspire. It is mounted on the ceiling of the basement compartment. There is a small white reset button on the side of the inverter. When I reset this, everything worked. Hope you have figured this out since your post was 7 hours ago

John
2015 Newmar Mountain Aire 4503
2013 Jeep Wrangler Moab Edition
Josh2129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Is this a Magnum MS series inverter.
On this model, you hold power button on the inverter for 15 seconds until the light starts flashing, this resets everything to default values.

Dan
Old 03-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #8

All that was needed was a reset of the inverter and everything is back to normal. However, I would think that the batteries would last longer. I am on my way home from the factory where they load tested the batteries and I was told they were fine.
Old 03-23-2016, 04:03 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have you done the math?
how much load are you drawinv overnight?

What is your LBCO set to?
I think a lot of folks set it betweenn 11.8 and 12v.

And finally, are you sure your batteries are getting to full charge?
What is your battery configuration?

Might try equalizing the batteries.

Regards,

Dan
Old 03-23-2016, 05:44 PM   #10

I am fighting the same battle, been posting some of same issue since last week, first thing I might do would change AGS to start @ 12.3 until u have figured issue out. I plan to take my gen battery from house battery,( if they r low then gen want start). Plan to use separate battery if Onan says ok.
raceday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:00 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Those of us that have "Taddless era" built coaches have haphazard set charging setups on the inverter/charges and the mag 30. Don, 757Driver has made some great posts on the proper settings for our units. He put a lot of time speaking directly with the vendors and battery manufacture. Just my experience, but mine were not set at the factory. Might help others to check those settings if you are have charging problems like I was.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:42 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikold View Post
All that was needed was a reset of the inverter and everything is back to normal. However, I would think that the batteries would last longer. I am on my way home from the factory where they load tested the batteries and I was told they were fine.
Your batteries should last longer than that. Are you sure they are charging fully? Maybe your generator is shutting off too early. Test them after a good 24 hours of shore charge. That way they should be fully topped off. Another possibility is loose or dirty connections at the batteries. That would decrease your run time even if the batteries are good.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:40 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Do NOT equalize your AGM batteries they are not designed for that.

If your batteries are only lasting 6-8 hours then there is a problem somewhere. In a 24 hour period the average consumption for one of these coaches (without undue waste) is about 400 AH which is about 1/2 or 50% of your battery bank amps (828 installed).

Either the bank is not getting fully charged or you have a bad cell or cells in the battery bank. Check each individual batteries voltage with a DVM and compare all 8 to each other to see if one may be bad. My guess would be not fully charged as the suggested Magnum Inverter settings that the factory uses are not giving you a full charge.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:43 AM   #14

That response begs the question. What is the correct / best setup for the magnum inverter and our AGM batteries. I would hope that I could go at least through the night without having to run the generator.

Tags
inverter