Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2016, 09:01 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikold View Post
That response begs the question. What is the correct / best setup for the magnum inverter and our AGM batteries. I would hope that I could go at least through the night without having to run the generator.
Send me a PM and I will give you what I have for settings.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2016, 09:28 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
With our factory set-up 6, 12volt-AGM coach batteries, and a Magnum 2800 PSW inverter. We can go all night running the residential fridge and still have plenty of battery left in the morning. How/when you're charging you batteries might be a factor. We run the genny in the A.M. about 1 hr while making breakfast, and then again in the P.M. around 8 or so for another hr.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:56 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikold View Post
t
That response begs the question. What is the correct / best setup for the magnum inverter and our AGM batteries. I would hope that I could go at least through the night without having to run the generator..
I have on a couple occasions pulled into a campground and while fussing with connections DW asks me critical decisions like "Merlot or Cabernet?" And I have gotten distracted. The next morning I go out to unhook and notice I never put the campground CB on.....been running TVs, lights, microwaves, refer, satellite dish, heating systems.

Oh well, electricity is great. It's even better when you those big batteries and inverters cover up for stupidity.

Just sayin, no problem going all night.....electricity wise.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 05:45 AM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
I do like your DW priorities.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 03:08 PM   #19

Since reading this thread and dealing with battery issues on my own coach, discussed in another thread, I decided to check my settings and after reading the Magnum manuals plus the manual online covering the remote start system I found that in fact my settings were wrong also. We need to realize that an inverter reset will reset the inverters to the default settings. I am thinking though that these default settings however most likely do not match the required settings for our coaches. And so I think the reset in and by itself will likely cause trouble. We need to do additional set up using the remote inverter monitor over the door. I do not have any expertise in this area but great advice coming through IRV2.COM.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
While following this thread I have also had the manuals out and now think I have a problem with my AGS system when doing some suggested testing.
I am using the Magnum "ME-RC Standard Rremote Control" Owners manual that came with the coach

I can't get the" Determining AGS & the Starting the Gen From The Remote" tests to work..

1. When checking the AGS Status I get a "No Communication" message" and the correct answer the book gives should be "Off or Ready"? Reff 7.2..1.1 p62

2. When trying to do the test to see if the Generator will start from the Remote by running the quick test outlined in the AGS section it won't start the gen. Reff. 7.2.1.2 p62

I checked the communication cable to the Mangum converter and seems OKl. Entegre CS seems to think it's normal and these test will not run on this system.?

Anyone out there able to run these checks or have any suggestions.
Thank's
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 08:26 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
If your 2016 is like my 2013, the Magnum ME-RC does not control the AGS. Entegra has chosen not to use the Magnum AGS and instead installed an Onan EC-30 AGS control. See if you have an EC-30 and study the manual for it. The settings are too numerous to describe here, but the basic things are start and stop parameters. Also, there is a specific arming procedure that must be followed each time you park the coach.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 09:20 PM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
If your 2016 is like my 2013, the Magnum ME-RC does not control the AGS. Entegra has chosen not to use the Magnum AGS and instead installed an Onan EC-30 AGS control. See if you have an EC-30 and study the manual for it. The settings are too numerous to describe here, but the basic things are start and stop parameters. Also, there is a specific arming procedure that must be followed each time you park the coach.
I have a box called Energy Command 30 ,that has a Gen start sw, set & enter, and I guess a mode sw.
So, the ME-RC AGS settings are not used? Makes sense because trouble shooting keeps coming up with no communication with inveter.

Does your EC-30 say AGS on it? What manual should I download as I can't find one. I've set some times and a few other settings on it but didn't think it had AGS controls. Do you set your AGS start voltages, quite times ect. on the EC-30? I think CS said they didn't think the ME-RC controlled the AGS. Looks like their right. Let me know if you can. CS wants me to call them back tomorrow. They said to run my voltage down to 12V and it will start. It didn't.
Thank's.
Pat

PS, Found my EC 30 Manual. Funny, it's 8x11 and has a BIG RED label on it. Easy to miss. I'm good, thanks to your post. A big Thank's again.
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:01 AM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
If I am not mistaken the 2016 should start the AGS, once turned on, if shore power if lost. On the "classics" it did not without a modification. If that is the case, there would be no reason to run the batteries down to 12V to test the AGS, just unplug the MH and turn the AC's on.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:47 AM   #24

Chuck's explanation is spot on !
What I did to check my AGS was to simulate a pedestal power failure and shut off the pedestal circuit breaker. The gennie started and AC's powered back on all was GOOD and I let the gennie run for awhile before I shut off the AC's assuming the gennie would almost immediately shut down. It did not until the batteries reached a certain state of re-charge ( maybe 15-20 minutes can't remember exactly ) and when I talked with CS they told me that was as it should be.
Just remember every time you activate the igntion you will have to re-set the auto-gen mode by entering auto on on the EC 30 .

No RV anymore !
Hayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:30 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayman View Post
Just remember every time you activate the igntion you will have to re-set the auto-gen mode by entering auto on on the EC 30 .
Thanks Brian. That is one thing I have just added on the shut down check list is to turn the AGS switch on. Something I have not been use to unless we leave. It came in handy in Tampa when there was a 3 hour power outage and our A/C's never missed a beat.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:14 AM   #26
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
If I am not mistaken the 2016 should start the AGS, once turned on, if shore power if lost. On the "classics" it did not without a modification. If that is the case, there would be no reason to run the batteries down to 12V to test the AGS, just unplug the MH and turn the AC's on.
Once enabled, our EC-30 will not automatically start the generator if shore power is lost. It will start the generator if the battery voltage drops below the set point or if the thermostat calls for cooling from the air conditioners.

I think that is what you were trying to say but the first line may have been misleading.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:26 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Does anybody know WHY Entegra is using the Onan EC-30 for AGS rather than the Magnum AGS which mates with our installed Magnum inverters and remote?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:47 AM   #28
gjw

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Chuck,
I can't remember when (what year) Entegra changed this but I need to test my classic 2015 and see if the gen will start without shore power. If it doesn't, this makes no sense - I would think that when you lose shore power and/or your battery level drops to a set level the gen would come on/go off as required until shore power was restored.

If it does not, I guess I am going to have to figure out a "fix" - I would want my gen to come on (if EC-30 set to Auto...) when I lost shore power, the temp got too high, or the batteries dropped to there low level set point. All three of these situations make sense to me - am I missing something here? Did Entegra miss something when they wired up the EC-30?
2020 Chevy Equinox Premier 2.0T 2LZ FWD
gjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter