Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2016, 11:55 PM   #43

PJ mentioned that the sensor could be remedied by taking the shell of a Bic ink pen cutting it to size, remove the sensor from wall, place cut to length size Bic shell, slip it into hole, then reinstall sensor into Bic shell, and reattach to wall. He stated this would aid in preventing the sensor from touching the interior of the wall which is heated or cooled faster from outside temperatures. Sounds reasonable but I haven't experienced extreme fluctuations so haven't needed to do this mod.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-03-2016, 04:43 AM   #44

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXBart View Post
I finally found a use for the black, plastic spools from dog poop bag rolls. Cut one in half, got some 11/2" screws and if worked perfectly!

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
That will work, good thinking, yours is already black. Mine was water line tubing like what is used on icemakers. It was recycled from the foaming the steps mod I had to do to stop the wind noise.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:49 AM   #45

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by photraveller View Post

Sounds like I have another Chuck mod to add to the list.

BTW, did you put that in the Mods thread? I don't remember seeing this before.

Steve
I don't think that one made the Mod post. I should have made another post called "Brobox's Repairs" I had as many of those on my classic as I did mods.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:46 AM   #46

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Chuck et.al.

Thanks all....

I'm surprised I didn't remember this fix as it was posted on the Newmar forum for the same reason a while back.

Now for the obvious question, when I was at Entegra Service for two weeks and complaining about this very issue one has to wonder why this wasn't done then. Actually, one has to wonder why this has not changed at the design / engineering stages with the evolution of model years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Jim, I ran into the same problem with the front heat or A/C running all the time. It was Noel on this forum that found the fix. The front temperature sensor is mounted behind the passenger seat in the wood panel connected to the outside wall. It is reading more of the outside temp than inside.

I used a couple of pieces of plastic tubing, cut 3/4 inch, painted them black and installed with longer brass screws.(they looked pretty) I cut a plug of Styrofoam to fill the hole and stained it to match the wall. That moves the temp sender into the room where the reading is much more accurate.

If the 17's are set up this way, that might be part of the problem.

I hear what you are saying about the installation of the very simple AH system. I found enough installation mistakes on mine that I hope that installer did not receive any part of a Christmas bonus.

As for the Vega Touch, I think that is one product that was no where near ready for market. Trying to be ahead of the competition is one thing.....but test it first.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I don't think that one made the Mod post. I should have made another post called "Brobox's Repairs" I had as many of those on my classic as I did mods.
Old 12-03-2016, 08:21 AM   #47

h Th v hh bi in
B
Old 12-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #48

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Now for the obvious question, when I was at Entegra Service for two weeks and complaining about this very issue one has to wonder why this wasn't done then. Actually, one has to wonder why this has not changed at the design / engineering stages with the evolution of model years.

The mod was suggested by PJ during my PDI last year but Entegra couldn't do it. No idea why they haven't incorporated it in their manufacturing design.

Vance & Robin
Dexter and Winston - Old English Sheepdog Security Service
2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:17 AM   #49

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoGo View Post
Thanks all....

If you go back and look at the Show Us Your Mods post that Dusty56 started, look how many of those mods now appear on the new model Entegras. I guess they didn't feel this one would sell more coaches
Old 12-03-2016, 05:43 PM   #50
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVsCoach View Post
PJ mentioned that the sensor could be remedied by taking the shell of a Bic ink pen cutting it to size, remove the sensor from wall, place cut to length size Bic shell, slip it into hole, then reinstall sensor into Bic shell, and reattach to wall. He stated this would aid in preventing the sensor from touching the interior of the wall which is heated or cooled faster from outside temperatures. Sounds reasonable but I haven't experienced extreme fluctuations so haven't needed to do this mod.

I remember PJ telling us about that at the Entegra portion during the Spartan Academy. I did a variation o this. I removed the two sensor screws and pulled the sensor out a bit from the wall. Then I stacked two very small diameter (but thick) O-rings on each screw behind the sensor. When I screwed the sensor back on it stuck out just enough to not pick up the heat or cold from the wooden cabinet. By spacing out the screws instead of the wires I didn't have to cut any wires.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:04 PM   #51

Cruzer, that even sounds better.

EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 06:04 PM   #52

Entegra Owners Club
Mark, there was plenty of wire on the Classics to pull the sensor out of the wall a couple of inches. Did they cut the wire shorter on the newer models?
Old 12-03-2016, 06:55 PM   #53

New ones have plenty of wire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1480816500.971593.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	145917
Misty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:19 PM   #54

Entegra Owners Club
Glad to know that can still be done on the newer models. Marks mode sounds easy as well. It sounded like the wire was to short to pull the sensor out very far.
Old 12-07-2016, 12:46 PM   #55

Entegra Owners Club
After reading these posts I started looking at all my Aqua Hot lines. Look what I found on my 2015 42RBQ by the kitchen slide. The line has such a major kink I really don't know how I am still able to get heat. There doesn't seem to be a way to fix this kink. There is no space to adjust the bend to get it back to normal. Has anyone else had this issue?
Old 12-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #56

No picture uploaded.

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote