RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2020, 10:19 AM   #1

HULU

Anyone use Hulu on their coach while traveling? We like it at home and wondering how feasible it is streaming internet TV on the coach.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2020, 11:05 AM   #2

That is all we use. Well streaming services. Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video etc. I leverage a wifi ranger aspen internal only at the moment and the 8800 jetpack on verizon. (with campground wifi also)

It works pretty well only a couple times in a county park in Ventura with no wifi and pretty weak cell coverage did we have a buffering issue. Even then wait 10 seconds and away it went. 2 or 3 times it buffered in that manner. That was pre weboost so we shall see if that has improved on our next visit to that campground over the holidays.

I almost went with the pepwave but every place was sold out. I think a dedicated external antennae setup would have be advantageous as the gain is higher on the dedicated antennae arrays.

However, no complaints and can easily stream everything we want to watch.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:17 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I use a Fire Stick, all about the same. I connect to the AUX port of the Matrix panel. Also have the Prepwave router connected to my hotspot
If I have good call service, works fine.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:20 AM   #4
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff.herren View Post
That is all we use. Well streaming services. Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Video etc. I leverage a wifi ranger aspen internal only at the moment and the 8800 jetpack on verizon. (with campground wifi also)

It works pretty well only a couple times in a county park in Ventura with no wifi and pretty weak cell coverage did we have a buffering issue. Even then wait 10 seconds and away it went. 2 or 3 times it buffered in that manner. That was pre weboost so we shall see if that has improved on our next visit to that campground over the holidays.

I almost went with the pepwave but every place was sold out. I think a dedicated external antennae setup would have be advantageous as the gain is higher on the dedicated antennae arrays.

However, no complaints and can easily stream everything we want to watch.
Jeff, when you stream Netflix, Hulu, etc, does that process use raw data when using your 8800 jetpack? I'm considering a smart TV but don't wanna use up all the raw data on my Verizon jetpack router.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 11:26 AM   #5

Yes it does use data on the 8800, albeit less then you might imagine for streaming, compression is pretty good these days on those services.

Of course you can prioritize connection to use and favor the wifi if the signal is strong enough.

I have to admit that my 8800 jetpack is company paid on a national plan. I work remote and with covid haven't seen an airport in a year.

I also use the firestick in the same manner post 3.
jeff.herren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 12:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I use a Fire Stick, all about the same. I connect to the AUX port of the Matrix panel. Also have the Prepwave router connected to my hotspot
If I have good call service, works fine.
I have some kind of Pepwave thing sitting on top of Blu-ray player in cabinet above fireplace. I thought it was part of the whole system Not sure what it's function is?
Old 10-16-2020, 12:34 PM   #7

What do you all think of this 5G Verizon MIFI 2100?
Old 10-16-2020, 02:05 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
I have some kind of Pepwave thing sitting on top of Blu-ray player in cabinet above fireplace. I thought it was part of the whole system Not sure what it's function is?
It's the MH router. My hotspot only allows 5 connections, the Prepwave is unlimited. Wifi connect the hotspot to the router then everything is connected including the TVs to wifi
Old 10-16-2020, 02:27 PM   #9

HULU

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
It's the MH router. My hotspot only allows 5 connections, the Prepwave is unlimited. Wifi connect the hotspot to the router then everything is connected including the TVs to wifi

So plug the hotspot into pepwave I already have and use it that way?
Old 10-16-2020, 03:04 PM   #10

If your trying to stream on a cellular device with hulu it will not work. i tried to use my android phone as a hot spot for my roku and hulu message first said i was out of my home area. I changed the area i was in to my home area then it said i was on a mobile network and it would not stream on mobile network must be a home cable type internet connection. if anyone has a work around i'd like to know about it. otherwise i'm gonna dump hulu. dit not have this trouble when i had you tube tv.
jeanluc001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 03:52 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Dog View Post
So plug the hotspot into pepwave I already have and use it that way?
My hotspot is the AT&T unlimited Mobily. I have mine connected wireless to the motorhome prepwave instead to plugged in. I have the Mobily in the cabinet above the windshield for better reception. I use the wifi for monitoring the MH from home and that is the only place I can get receiption parked inside of the metal hanger, works better on the road in that location as well.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
Old 10-16-2020, 04:06 PM   #12

To the original question, there is a difference between Hulu and Hulu Live. We use Hulu in our coach and we checked into Hulu Live for streaming live TV and there were issues with watching live TV outside of your home zip code for extended periods of time. That may have changed since we checked into it a year or so ago. We we use YouTube TV for live streaming and cloud based DVR. We use Hulu for other things in their library.
wjohnson913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 06:52 PM   #13

I stream all the time using my Mobley hotspot. No issues
buddy110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 07:07 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy110 View Post
I stream all the time using my Mobley hotspot. No issues
does ATT still do that mobley?