Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2019, 08:55 AM   #15

We are loaded up and ready to go if necessary (but in reality, which way do you go??). Was supposed to be heading to Jonathan Dickinson State Park TODAY for a 5 day stay but had to cancel. But coach is gassed up, propane is full, water and food for the trip ready so... we'll see.
Oldmso54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2019, 10:07 AM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChucksterCF View Post
I have the unfortunate luck to to be taking delivery of my 2016 30' Coachman Freelander today. :(

Is there any preferred direction to park my unit on property to better handle the winds?
The preferred method would be to park your unit in Tennessee.

Seriously, there is no way to know which direction the winds will come from, and the direction will shift as the storm passes by and continues past you. I would make sure all slides are closed, and put jacks down just enough to touch the ground but not lifting the coach. If you can park next to and parallel to a building, the building may shield you from much of the wind.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #17

We are loaded for a tomorrow morning departure.... planned for a week long stay in Old Town on the Suwanee. Guess I’ll be calling the campground in the a.m. to CANX!
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:31 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oversoul View Post
It's times like this that I'm glad I live in the scrotum part of the state.
Lol!
FloridaCanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:41 AM   #19

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead-54 View Post
We are loaded for a tomorrow morning departure.... planned for a week long stay in Old Town on the Suwanee. Guess I’ll be calling the campground in the a.m. to CANX!
well, no matter which model wins, Suwanee is probably out. 8 to 10 hours from now we will have a much better idea. Hopefully the two outlier models will come into agreement with a track a little north of the current predictions, that is unless you live in Orlando, Merritt Island, Tallahassee or such.
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:48 AM   #20

RV preparation issues.

I may be deployed as part of my county's Auxiliary Communications Service of the Office of Emergency Management. Both Maryland and Florida are parties to the Interstate Emergency Management Compact. Our membership was pre-alerted last night.

I can get the use of a Class C RV to use on the deployment which would certainly be an advantage to the team.

Side note: If you're ever so unfortunate as to be dependent on relief agencies for your food be aware that the order of selection from least appetizing to most is:
Red Cross
Salvation Army
Friends Disaster Service, very small organization seldom encountered;
Southern Baptist Relief. These folks know how to cook!

My question is what am I likely to forget that is unique to traveling and staying in an RV. We have carefully tested check lists for our equipment and sustainment supplies so I won't need help with that. Since I am an infrequent RV user I'm looking for reminders about RV issues other than checking the fluids before departure.

HORNETD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 10:49 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbrownstein View Post
well, no matter which model wins, Suwanee is probably out. 8 to 10 hours from now we will have a much better idea. Hopefully the two outlier models will come into agreement with a track a little north of the current predictions, that is unless you live in Orlando, Merritt Island, Tallahassee or such.
Yep...we booked this trip over two months ago. Guess I’ll stay home and worry about which way Dorian heads once it drops into the Gulf next week.
Motorhead-54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
The preferred method would be to park your unit in Tennessee.

Seriously, there is no way to know which direction the winds will come from, and the direction will shift as the storm passes by and continues past you. I would make sure all slides are closed, and put jacks down just enough to touch the ground but not lifting the coach. If you can park next to and parallel to a building, the building may shield you from much of the wind.

I am on 5 acres about 12 miles inland from the coast. I plan to park it next to a 20' Areca Palm hedge. Should block most of the side wind.
ChucksterCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:15 PM   #23

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChucksterCF View Post
I am on 5 acres about 12 miles inland from the coast. I plan to park it next to a 20' Areca Palm hedge. Should block most of the side wind.
If you are getting hurricane force winds, I wouldn't expect much from an Areca hedge except pieces of frond. I would stay away from it...and least 20 or 30 feet. Palms survive by being really bendy and losing fronds.
Sbrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 05:33 PM   #24

Tom

Although I lived 70 miles north of the Gulf in Mississippi for 30 years, I never had a motorcoach there but weathered 3 or 4 damaging hurricanes there. Now I live 3.5 hours north of the Gulf in Shreveport and have a coach but have never had a really serious blow since we bought these 2 Entegras and have never felt the need to run from the storm. However, my guess is that you need to probably think that you will be boondocking somewhere inland and not connected to commercial power so general boondocking behavior might be needed.

If it is hot, run genny - A/C the whole time. If it is not really hot and you have ventilation, then get the windows open except when in the storm, and run the genny for several hours before bedtime and several hours when you first get up in the morning and EVERY time you are using high current appliances such as the microwave or cooktop or ???? Watch your house battery bank. Keep it above 12 volts... running the genny to keep it at least at 12 volts. Drive as far away from the storm as you think is right (to me 100 miles seems about right).You will probably find yourself in a WalMart or Lowes or Home Depot or any big place parking lot and ride it out ..... Lots of rain..... Stay away from big trees. As soon as out of danger, get out of where you took refuge and head back home and see what happened.... Good luck.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 08:23 PM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
the last update that I saw on the news was the the storm is going to turn north and go up the east coast of florida, by Jacksonille area
sdesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 05:59 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Now forecasted to make landfall in the Carolinas.
Old 08-31-2019, 09:40 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Fox View Post
Now forecasted to make landfall in the Carolinas.
Again, proof they don't know until they know. 3 days ago it was coming over the top of us, now it is 300 miles out to sea. Sure hope it hits in an unpopulated area. Trees grow back without any out of pocket expense.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 11:29 AM   #28

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Again, proof they don't know until they know. 3 days ago it was coming over the top of us, now it is 300 miles out to sea. Sure hope it hits in an unpopulated area. Trees grow back without any out of pocket expense.

Wait a minute here....... They can predict climate change years in advance. What's the problem with a three day forecast.....

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane